Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 0 Start/Rules thread
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:55 pm 
The game is on! There are a couple changes in the rules since last game. I can't be sure these are all reflected in the app, so please let me know about any problems. The changes are:

Vigilantes must now declare a target 5+ minutes in advance of making a kill. You can do this by PMing me; if it gets added to the app, that works too. This prevents simultaneous kills.

There are no cameras this game, because they annoy me. If you love cameras, I'm sorry. Maybe you can run the next game and fill it with cameras! :D

There is no police officer in this game. Signed police officer petitions will be eaten. If you love police officers, that's another reason to run the next game. If you love police officers and cameras, you may be Columbo. Mayor still exists.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:26 am 
Can you give us some bounds on mafia powers?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:53 pm 
Mafia powers are drawn from the same distribution as last game. There are either two mafia, or one mafioso with one conscription. The mafia have:
1 from the set {hitman, poison, scheme}
2 from the set {manipulate the press, plant evidence, frame a townsperson}
3x Set a Trap
1x slaughter the weak
3x KABOOM, no regen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:42 pm 
There's one more change to the rules from last game that I didn’t post earlier. Since this is a small game and everyone has erratic summer schedules, the rule that mafia can only have one no-kill day before auto-losing is unusually strict and leads to sloppy hurried mafia play. The new rule is as follows: if the mafia go two consecutive days, or three total days, without killing, they will auto-lose.