Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:48 pm 
I have been poisoned. I will die at the end of Day 3.

I intend to take control of the town and rule with an iron fist (or at least be mayor -- see, I told you I was going to be mayor!)

On the plus side, poison is the weakest of the mafia's double kill abilities (hitman > scheme > poison)

Btw, you should lynch me on Day 3 if there isn't a better lynch target.

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:49 pm 
I'll be going to sleep shortly, but I'll continue tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:25 am 
I'm less sure of Daniel's guilt for a few reasons. Vigilantes, if you exist, don't make any rash decisions just yet. I might be interested in having Daniel be willingly Tazed with his Tazer. I don't know what Town roles might be negatively affected by being Tazed so that might change my mind.

I'll post my full reasoning soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:30 am 
Reasons to distrust Daniel:

1) With Lily dead, Daniel's free to make kills without her wondering where he is/why he's typing so much without anything showing up on town square.

2) Making a kill in South Station is brilliant. I bet mafia weren't expecting anyone to gather clues for an investigation (I certainly wasn't). The only person who can get around that is mayor. Lucky for the mafia, Lily was mayor so it'll be a while before a new mayor can investigate it. Daniel was the one who decided Lily should be mayor so it was simple for him to make sure mayor wouldn't be an issue. He also pushed very hard to be mayor originally.

3) He is someone I think would be willing to stake out South Station for mafia.

4) Daniel's alibi doesn't match what the NPs said.

5) As mafia, it makes perfect sense for him to claim Poison. It lulls town into thinking there's no hitman or scheme. It gives him an argument for holding off on getting lynched until Day 3 at the least (Very late game for a game this size)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:45 am 
Counterarguments that have mostly convinced me Daniel is innocent:

1) Lily is a strong townie player. While her death gives a Mafia Daniel unique benefits, it is still a good mafia move without them.

2) It's possible mafia were fine with a single person having a working investigation. The fact that Lily was the mayor simply turned out in their favor or they took advantage of it when planning their kill.

3) Apparently more people than I thought were willing to make the trek to South Station for mafia.

4) It's possible the NPs simply misremembered. It is also apparently possible for you to hear someone hurrying downstairs from inside the Pit and dash into the laundry room before they open the door (arkadiy, francesca, and I succesfully recreated it).

5) Daniel's a strong mafia player. He's been hard to kill in person in the past. (Though with Kabooms I wouldn't think this would really be an issue.) It's not clearly wrong for mafia to poison him. It also wasn't clear before day rolled over that his alibi would be so sketchy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:19 am 
Lucy wrote:
Reasons to distrust Daniel:

1) With Lily dead, Daniel's free to make kills without her wondering where he is/why he's typing so much without anything showing up on town square.

2) Making a kill in South Station is brilliant. I bet mafia weren't expecting anyone to gather clues for an investigation (I certainly wasn't). The only person who can get around that is mayor. Lucky for the mafia, Lily was mayor so it'll be a while before a new mayor can investigate it. Daniel was the one who decided Lily should be mayor so it was simple for him to make sure mayor wouldn't be an issue. He also pushed very hard to be mayor originally.

3) He is someone I think would be willing to stake out South Station for mafia.

4) Daniel's alibi doesn't match what the NPs said.

5) As mafia, it makes perfect sense for him to claim Poison. It lulls town into thinking there's no hitman or scheme. It gives him an argument for holding off on getting lynched until Day 3 at the least (Very late game for a game this size)

I will readily acknowledge 1-3 and 5.

But I was in the pit at the time of the kill. I believe the nps where just confused/mistaken about timing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:21 am 
Let's meet again in the ec courtyard tonight. How is 6:00 pm?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:23 am 
I'm really not sure what the poison claim indicates. It fits quite well with a mafia Daniel scenario; it also fits quite well with a town Daniel scenario. In particular, however, Daniel claiming poison does not make me trust him more than I did before. I would say it's one of the most convenient things to claim if he is mafia, especially given the events of yesterday. Of course, that makes it a convenient thing to have happen if he isn't mafia, probably among many other options, so apply Bayes and such.

In particular, this means I am NOT comfortable with making Daniel mayor, or having him control town with "an iron fist." Not any more than I was yesterday, probably less. This doesn't mean I think he's guilty, just that he's nontrivially more guilty-looking than average. I'm not sure if I would vote to lynch him today if the decision were to be now, though depending on what else happens it might be better than a no lynch.

In terms of mayor, I think picking one of the two final options Daniel discarded yesterday might be a good idea. But, we can discuss that more when we meet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:34 am 
Also, Lucy, was your vote for fmajluf7 just a tiebreak, or did you have other reasons? (Do tiebreakers actually exist this game?)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:43 am 
I can't make that time again. :/

I guess I'm wary of giving Daniel too much power, especially with the possibility of him being able to go on a killing spree if he's mafia and being lynched tomorrow anyway. If we have a tazing plan ready for tomorrow, I think it's quite reasonable to let him live another day. A second lynch we want to do tomorrow can be done as a vig kill, probably, with not too much more inconvenience.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:56 am 
Tiebreakers exist in this game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 am 
So Lucy, fmajluf, and I are currently on the way to the beach. Fmajluf and I can make it to the meeting. Additionally, Lucy says that if dgrazian doesn't publicly tazer himself, she will lead a lynch mob against him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:09 pm 
(Changing to this thread because it's the correct one)

I am available now. Let's meet at 6:35? Reply if you can make it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:21 pm 
I'll be there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:26 pm 
We need people to come to the meeting. Quorum is important.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:27 pm 
Coming after I get food

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:34 pm 
No one else is here? Going to put stuff away in room first.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:37 pm 
Francesca and I are here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:39 pm 
Sammyluo too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:39 pm 
Sammyluo too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:50 pm 
Francesca, sammyluo, and I are here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:02 pm 
I am an innocent child, and I trust all of you.

Actually, I don't trust you.

But I am an innocent child.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:13 pm 
I've been elected mayor. Waiting for Miranda to make it official.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:18 pm 
May your reign be long and prosperous, Oh Glorious One!