Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 plan
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:20 pm 
Attempt to kill Lilychen as she is on her way back (hopefully in south station red line terminal or south station bus terminal, depending on the number of 10PM buses arriving from new york. Set a trap on someone as a GN (perhaps most probable role) if we have no better role info by tomorrow night.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 plan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:52 am 
Here are some of my current thinks.

The benefit of killing lilychen somewhere far away is that investigators will have a harder time going to gather clues. If I give Jakob a confident alibi, it's likely no one will investigate him in time. Hopefully this works out. This kill should probably be a KABOOM because I'd PMed lilychen about Jakob being somewhat sketchy.

I'll probably go to the meeting today if it exists and is not during the time we're planning on getting food. If asked, I'll repeat what I PMed about my read of Jakob, except say (as I thought last night) that it's less clear because it seems like Jakob is not spending enough time forumming/planning to be mafia. I'll probably be reasonable in terms of who I want to be mayor, but accept the offer if people want me to run. Probably will end up setting a trap for GN on whoever volunteers someone else in a suspicious way. As for items, I suppose there's no real harm in trading my taser for potentially a mic/receiver.

After the kill (hopefully) happens tonight, I might ask something like "oops, that's far away. Anyone want to go over in a group to collect clues tomorrow?" But maybe it's better not to give people ideas...

Coming up with some backup kill plans is probably good, but also hard given the timing (and my incompetence). As for tomorrow (day 2), an idea is to kill lgunder on hall (with NP help) but MTP so it looks like he's just left his dorm or something, if timing works fine. This should probably be a kaboom, to counter conspiracy/cynic. As long as people don't go there to gather clues too quickly, they won't know the trick until it's hopefully too late. Something similar could work for asjm (mtp so he's far away; probably also KABOOM because microphone, but we'll see where items go today), but this is more tricky.

We have 3 nonregenerable KABOOMs, which is not a lot. Maybe we should save some of them? But getting caught early is worse.

We should also figure out who to poison tonight. It might be good to leave Daniel Grazian alive so if it comes to it it could look like he framed Jakob for something due to my PM. But it might also be dangerous to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:06 pm 
I'm wary of using up all our kabooms too soon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:40 pm 
Yeah, me too. I'm not sure how to pick which times to use KABOOMS though. I guess we can just hope/expect that lilychen is not a conspiracy theorist / activated desperado?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 pm 
I'm going to go to the south station bus terminal around 10PM in anticipation that she is taking the megabus arriving at 10:11 PM. Hopefully she's not on the Amtrak train arriving at 10:10PM :/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:29 pm 
How likely is amtrak? If neither bus/train is significantly more likely, would waiting for her at the red line be safer, or less safe?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:54 pm 
Whoops, we need new plans.

For convenience, Jakob and I will probably discuss by email / in person and then post the conclusions here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:44 pm 
Here's what we decided on. Begin pasting emails:

S: Oh no. lilychen posted an update: delayed train, she won't be back before day end.

We need new plans...

J: Options:

- kill Dgrazian on his way to ET (difficult)
- get Franchi at Made by Me in Harvard Square (my favorite, except timing isn't great for me - I'd have to leave work at 4:20, though I could work from the train and then from Made by Me until Franchi shows up)
- kill Lucy at board game night (suboptimal, I don't really like classrooms)

S: Would getting Franchi as she returns to campus (at Kendall, or in front of ballroom) work? Out-of-game wise, I don't want you having to leave work that early to make a kill.

If it would make things better, I can try to make a kill instead, but this probably translates to a high chance of getting caught (and also being really anxious/nervous).

S: I could try to scout out the math lounge for arkadiy, but the geometry means that if he's there, I'll probably be seen and laptoped before I can kill him. He's also likely at his UROP meeting.

J: You could try to get him at the UROP meetiung or on the way back. I'm going to leave work in 5min to catch the early train and be at porter to catch franchi on her way to made by me. I'll have time to do work on the train and while waiting. Maybe I can get her in park street station as she transfers trains.

S: OK, good luck - let me know how things go if you get a chance. I'm sorry about the inconvenience/poor timing. If this doesn't work I can try to hunt out arkadiy, or we can make other plans.

Wish Jakob good luck :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:08 pm 
BAD. Why does everyone have to make last minute schedule changes? :(

Maybe I'll go for arkadiy. I want to make sure Jakob knows to abort the previous plan first, though. He doesn't have a working tablet, and I'm not sure if he'll have wifi...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:12 pm 
Miranda, if we try making kill plans repeatedly but things keep not working out, do we have to make a desperate kill to avoid the no-kills punishment, or is it fine if we've tried very hard?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:40 pm 
Here's an update:

I went to the math major lounge, didn't see anyone, panicked, started walking back, ran into andersonw (np), and asked him to scout for me. No one was in the lounge. I guess arkadiy's message implies he's busy with something, maybe in E17...

It's probably too late now to make a kill without returning to a full and suspicious meeting of mafia players at EC. I'll just not. Hopefully Jakob doesn't stay too long waiting for non-existent fmajluf7. Jakob, I'm sorry. I wish you had a phone...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:38 pm 
Personally, I don't like the stringency of the rules forcing mafia kills, and would be happy to relax them a bit in a game this small. I'm going to think a bit and post a new policy to the rules clarifications.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:29 pm 
Jakob just left (15 min ago) for intercepting lilychen as she leaves her train. Hope this goes well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:46 pm 
Those delays... Jakob, I wish you had a phone. Presumably Jakob will learn of the delay though so it'll be ok.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:48 pm 
At 6pm I started paranoia texting lily. Hopefully if it becomes relevant I'll be the one she messages... Hopefully she just won't have a chance to text, though

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:01 pm 
Amtrak website indicates that the train arrived at 9:59 pm. Things should now be unfolding...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:05 pm 
How consistently lily is giving updates kind of scares me, making me think she might be trying to lure people in to kill her as activated desperado... Hope things work out.

I worry too much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:08 pm 
Whooooo it worked! Good job Jakob, I'm proud of you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:47 pm 
Just to confirm: you killed lilychen herself, not her body double, correct?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:50 pm 
Correct. I destroy the receiver I got from killing her.