Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 Death 1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:49 pm 
fmajluf7 36-7xx Sep 28, 10:38 p.m. (Day 1)

My alibi: I was in Random Hall. I was seen by ksedlar, jfrisch, and mchang02 (and possibly more players) right before/after the time of death such that it would be very unlikely for me to have made the kill.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 Death 1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 pm 
Oh, and isaacg too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 pm 
I'm on shift w/ the ambulance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:51 pm 
I was on Bonfire (Random.) I was seen by ksedlar and NP mannes right around the time of death.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:52 pm 
Alibi: Tooling in BH

Can be confirmed by kmath, arkadiyf. I think ksedlar only wandered in when we saw the kill but it seems unlikely that she made the kill.

Can confirm what shike said.

Can confirm what shike said.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:55 pm 
Alibi: getting woken up by ksedlar in my room to finish the petition.

Can confirm ksedar, lilichen.

Saw ricardor at about 10:52 in Foo. He did not look like he had just gotten back from making a kill.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:56 pm 
Alibi: working on psets in black hole kitchen
Shikexue and arkadiyf were here at time of death too, and ksedlar has been wandering around Random collecting petition signatures since sometime after 10 (I saw her downstairs just before 10:30 at our housemaster meeting)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:56 pm 
On one hand: I totally called that the mafia would do a late day kill. Miranda can confirm.
On the other hand: THIS ROBBED ME OF BEING ABLE TO SUBMIT MY PETITIONS! I just made it to 22 signatures -- now 21, which is just 1 short of being able to submit them. :( But I can probably find someone else to sign them before day end, so hopefully it will be okay.

I was probably getting petition signatures-ish? Katie (the other one can confirm I was in Random by 10:32. I got a lot of petition signatures between getting back to Random and now. Will elaborate later.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:57 pm 
I've been at random all night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:58 pm 
Was with miles in my room

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:58 pm 
I was in my room on Pecker, went down to do laundry at around 10:47ish.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:59 pm 
I confirm jessk.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:02 pm 
alibi: i was talking with np sammy luo on floor pi

i saw jakob approximately 8 minutes after the kill, and it is possible but fairly unlikely that jakob had just run back from building 36. unfortunately i was not paying enough attention to notice whether he was out of breath.

jakob came to my room about 3 minutes later to notify me about the death and that i should post an alibi, i would be very impressed if this gap was carefully planned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:02 pm 
I've been in Foo since 10:00 PM
Seen by jusrey, ijc, isaacg, ksedlar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:04 pm 
I was probably with Frevan in my room. I have no idea what time he was here but it was maybe a little earlier than the kill. Highly doubt he could've done it though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:05 pm 
At ET, haven't seen aok, dgrazian, or dylanhen leave, so I'm pretty sure they're all still here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:06 pm 
I was walking back from Macbeth rehearsal, through the infinite. I got back in time to see ajliu leaving about 5 minutes after the kill happened, and NPs say she was on hall before that, convincingly so. kmli was exiting Sammy's room when I went to talk to him a minute or 2 after getting back, so it seems he couldn't've either. I couldn't find jingyizz on hall, it seems she was present about 15 minutes before the kill (from talking to NPs).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:08 pm 
Didn't see dylanhen, but Alex, aok, and dgrazian are all here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:15 pm 
I was on a run when that happened, on the way I met lilyzhou and talked to a sloanie I randomly ran into.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:19 pm 
I was in Random Hall, ksedlar and others saw me roughly 10 minutes before T.O.D. Was in my room at T.O.D.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:27 pm 
I was in Clam kitchen (Random); can be confirmed by kmath, shikexue, lgunder, and ksedlar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:35 pm 
Everyone should visit the kill site tonight. Visit in groups, visit alone, whatever you can do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:38 pm 
I saw ijc in Clam kitchen both shortly before and shortly after the time of death. I doubt he would have had time to get to 36 and back that quickly.

Lgunder was making popovers in Clam before the time of death with some NPs (dbausher, lopezv, jtidor) but I don't remember seeing him up there afterward.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:42 pm 
alibi:
eating sashimi + watching community in my room.

ksedlar knocked on my door some time to get my signature.

I was in foo around 10:15 to listen to the very end of Nina's retirement as house master thing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:43 pm 
I saw lgunder ~10 minutes after the kill. He did not appear to be out of breath and I'm pretty sure he didn't have shoes on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:57 pm 
So my petition signatures from between when I got to Random and when I noticed the kill were:
Josh
Lily Chen
Ricardo
Katie (not me)
Arkadiy
Shi-ke
Ian
Megan
Ethan
Isaac
Clint (after I saw the kill, but I saw him in the block of time as well)
Lane (I already had his signature, but saw him in that block of time)

However, getting to 34-7 from Random is ~10 minutes (possibly less if the killer ran), the block of time in question is about half an hour. I think I have the highest confidence that Ricardor, because he was continuously in Foo on his computer for that time. Shi-ke, Katie, and Arkadiy I saw together for a decent chunk. I saw Ian and Lane in Clam together for a decent chunk. Isaac sounded very much woken up when I got his signature. Lily and Josh I both saw twice, once near the beginning and once near the end. I'm probably ~90% sure they didn't make the kill. Clint I'm maybe 80% sure of. Megan was in her room eating, and I'm ~80% sure she couldn't have done it. Ethan might have been able to do it, but he happened to be in Bonfire when I went up there, which would require a lot of luck.

Notable people who I could not find anywhere in Random during the time in question:
Dylan
Lisa
Ishara
Lawrence
Dgrazian (presumably still at Minions?)
aok (presumably still at Minions?)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:03 pm 
I was in the New House 5 lounge after Macbeth. I walked back after rehearsal ended at 10. NPs can confirm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:05 pm 
Also, a notable thing: Francesca started with receiver 1. She might have passed it off before her death, but there's a good chance it's in mafia hands now. There's also some probability that mafia killed her for it.