Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:34 am 
So Shi-Ke, arkadiyf, kmath, Ian, and ksedlar apparently mobbed to the kill scene to investigate. As they arrived, they saw me leaving. The investigator found only two clues, meaning a rogue/serial killer had been there. ksedlar apparently incorrectly concluded that I was the rogue and sent me an email with instructions on damage mitigation. Oops. :oops:

I passed the information on to a couple people and went to talk to her and try to bait more information out of her. Here is what I got from my interactions with Katie:

*ksedlar is mafia.
*Shi-Ke, Katie Mathison, Ian, and Arkadiy are not mafia. They could still be rogues or conscripted, but they are much less sketchy than average.
*One of the above four people is an investigator. I won't say which one publicly, but I have told a couple people I trust.
*ksedlar is planning to kill kmath tomorrow. BE CAREFUL KATIE!
*I am EXTREMELY suspicious of Miranda Gavrin. I asked who should be my priority target if I got outed and had to make a suicide kill, and suggested Miranda because she's mayor. Katie's response was a very immediate and definite no (she suggested Shi-Ke), which leads me to believe the ticket we elected was rotten from top to bottom.

If someone has a tazer, you should use it on ksedlar immediately. She lives in Random, which is a hugely target-rich environment. Vigilantes, be very careful. Remember she is police officer and has infinite kabooms.

I am glad to talk to anyone who thinks I'm making this up, provided they come in a large group.

Since I probably have a very low life expectancy now: Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:41 am 
Oh, one other thing: it seems fairly likely that ksedlar is don, though that's my guess, not from the horse's mouth.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:23 am 
This just in because ksedlar apparently hasn't read the forums: she thinks the mafia's regular kill on Day 2 (aside from presumably the investigator they can set a trap on) will trigger most of the cynics. High-profile, experienced players, watch out even more than usual.

I take back what I said about Katie being don, since she also doesn't think she'll live very long.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:00 am 
Nice work! Anyone have a taser in Random?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:14 am 
This also means there's a spell killer among the people who went to the kill site prior to this. Ethan, what time did this happen?

People I know went to the kill site last night around 11:50 are Daniel Grazian, aok, and jusrey. Please post if you know of anyone else who went to the kill site last night.

Also if Miranda is bad, we probably want to reinvestigate lzahray for last night?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:25 am 
Tazing Katie would be very reasonable. Do not vigilante kill her (yet.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:35 am 
DO NOT vigilante kill her yet (unless she starts killing.)

Don't waste all the tasers either. Shike can you take care of that reasonably?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:56 am 
1: please don't read anything into ksedlar carrying my petition; she was doing it to pay me back for a T fare.
2: I have no idea why ksedlar wouldn’t want me killed. Maybe she thinks I won't be very active. Maybe she wants to conscript me. In light of her being mafia her discussion yesterday of how we would coordinate if we were both mafia is suggestive. I will be hella on the lookout for conscription.
3: I have evidence of my innocence that's stronger than either of these, but revealing it has a downside. If we're going to lynch ksedlar tonight, I'd prefer to reveal it tomorrow.
4: reinvestigating Lisa would be nice as evidence of my innocence, but probably too many investigations to use on someone only tangentially suspected (especially since the first kill of any game is probably Don). It's more important for investigators to follow their own suspicions than listen to me.
5 (metagame): why am I always suspected day 2 when I never did it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:01 am 
Oh and I almost forgot: kickass good work catching a mafia, Ethan!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:30 am 
Ksedler asked me for my mike yesterday. Thankfully, I didn't give it up. Do we know if we did lose any items to her?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:44 am 
Assuming Ethan is telling the truth, the real serial killer was likely in my investigation mob last night (me, ksedlar, shikexue, arkadiyf, ijc). We went pretty early, ~15 minutes after the kill, and the only other player any of us saw near the kill site was Ethan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:53 am 
Sorry, I missed the kickoff. Can mafia still disarm serial killers?

Miranda, did you give any role information to Ksedlar?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:53 am 
Also Ama said Ksedlar asked her for her mic. Did you give it to her Ama?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:59 am 
vlonge: I did not give any role information, items, or any other useful info to ksedlar. I don't see how she could have guessed my role with enough confidence to set a trap, but that would be a reason why she wouldn't want a serial killer to get me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:03 am 
Ksedlar also asked from my mic, but I didn't give it to her.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:57 am 
Ksedlar convinced me to give her my mic. (mic 4)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:14 am 
Lily, I went to the kill site immediately after the kill, around 11, so the clue was gone before your mob arrived. The Black Hole mob may be able to give you a better timestamp. Rules clarification: if Francesca was killed by a serial killer in the first place, that would destroy a clue, right? ksedlar did not kill her, so don't waste investigations on that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:32 pm 
Has ksedlar been tased yet? If not, can this happen soon? Note that she's police officer and can kaboom people for free.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:54 pm 
I don't think she has. I was told she was waiting for me in 4-270, presumably to kill me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:24 pm 
I gave her my mic under the pretense that I would get it back whenever I asked (was actually planning on getting it back this evening :( ). Figured that when she inevitably died it might be helpful. Also figured that if I asked for my mic back and she refused to give it back/destroyed it, she'd almost certainly be mafia. Otherwise, I'd just have my mic back. Ah well. Anyway, she pm'd me her suspicions list (lol), it is as follows:

moderate sketch:
aok
ethan

slight sketch:
jakob
ishara
lisa
dylan

slight trust:
miranda
jaysonl

high trust:
zaphodf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:31 pm 
Katie told me yesterday that she trusts jakob more than average. She's been contradicting herself a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:42 pm 
The conformity bias is real.

In other news, Katie failed to respond to my message, which I find extremely sketchy.