Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: LANE IS MAFIA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:54 pm 
aok wrote:
It's not safe to let either live. Don't waste any further resources on this, just execute them both.

But we must execute one of them first, and as I said we don't have any better investigations to do, so it is not a waste of resources. Rather not have 1 revealed mafia around for all of tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:55 pm 
Everyone who's going to vouch for someone's innocence, please vouch promptly. We can use that to decide who to kill first.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:56 pm 
I agree with aok btw. If the mafia used MTP+Frame on one kill, the person investigated guilty for both kills would be innocent and the other mafia. If they only used frame, it would be the other way. We can't be sure; lynch 'em both.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:03 pm 
I'm confused. MTP says: "You may use this on any previous murder the mafia have committed to convert all the clues at the murder site to dummy clues. Dummy clues will always turn up a negative result." So wouldn't that mean all results are negative? Or does MTP+frame = townie guilty, mafia innocent?

Anyway, even if that was the case, mafia would need to use frame+frame+MTP on one event, so we could still kill the guilty twice person and kill the guilty once person later - guilty once person could be mafia after all, but mafia would have wasted a lot of powers on buying one day for one mafia member. I think we should investigate shike's death as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:09 pm 
Can we get clarification from the gods on how the interaction of manipulate the press + frame a Townsperson (on the same kill) would work?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:13 pm 
Quote:
Can we get clarification from the gods

I like imagining a person kneeling in prayer beseeching gods for clarification.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:47 pm 
I hereby project such an image.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:50 pm 
Personally, I doubt the veracity of jakob's claim due to the title not including "SDFLKASDFHKSJDLFH" at the end.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:37 pm 
I asked Lucina what happens with MTP+FaT. The response:

Lucina wrote:
I believe the framed person would only show up guilty if they were investigated by Gay Knight, Police Officer Clues, or Mayoral clues (basically something that wouldn't make investigations with clues they picked up at the kill site)

So MTP only affects clues taken from the kill site, and overrides FaT, which affects all investigations.

We can tell whether mafia used MTP+FaT+FaT vs FaT+FaT by having mayor investigate. (This is probably a waste)