Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 Planning
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:27 am 
Let's kill Dgrazian, guys. Pay no attention to the fact that his intro says, "my level of activity in this game will likely be substantially less than it typically is." This is a lie. He doesn't realize it, but he says it every game and he always ends up just as Dgraziany as always.

Unfortunately, day 1 doesn't start until 11 am, so we probably can't get him on his way to work. We can get him at E.T. though. We just need to be careful of aok, who will also go there. Sasha, can you give us more specific info on the Minions of Darkness schedule?

We should use the don to kill him. I am not going to be don because I will get caught too soon. Who wants to be don? Also, don can safely kill Dgrazian with a bang -- he's unlikely to have any of you on a conspiracy list, there's no cynic/superhero immunity yet, and don goes through mics. The main concern is if he's an activated desperado, which is hopefully unlikely... The kill will certainly be easiest if Sasha is don, but it's up to them, and certainly anyone else can be don.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 Planning
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:41 am 
Just got a pm from Dgrazian:

Subject: If I'm mafia
Which I'm not. Lily probably conscripted me.

Not sure what the implication is. It might be possible that Dgrazian revealed some sort of role info to her which would make him a valuable conscription target. Will speculate on other possibilities.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:05 am 
Minions starts at 8. Aok is usually the first to arrive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 am 
If I were dgrazian and a conspiracy theorist I would put minions of darkness people on there. If Sasha kills him there, how many other possible murderers are there? There's aok and... how many live action people play minions?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 am 
I think aok is the only one who goes specifically to play Minions. There's a bunch of ET players around though. But that is a good point, it might be better to get someone else to kill him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:13 pm 
Vlonge, would you want to be don? I'd guess you're probably not on many conspiracy theorist lists. I think it needs to be either you or Sasha, because shensley says she's hosed and zmiranda is new.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:16 pm 
For what it's worth, I'm going to be on campus until 19, so there's some chance that I'll be on the same saferide as aok and/or dgrazian.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:23 pm 
I think killing Dgrazian on the saferide is probably too risky, even if you are don. I think the ideal situation would be that we elect vlonge don and she does the kill, but if she's not available, we should elect you (sashacf) don. You should still try to kill Dgrazian without letting other players know you were around ET at the time, if possible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:25 pm 
Yeah, I wasn't planning to make a kill on the saferide. But that could help with establishing an alibi, and also knowing when people are at ET.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:31 pm 
Hey! So I'll be in Macbeth from 8-10, but if we can get a location I can pull off a kill before then. Saferide works. But if there's more than one mafia player on it they'll ask questions. And I'm fine with being don, though I've never been mafia before. I was a fail rogue once. The pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:31 pm 
And by a kill I mean I can kill dgrazian.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:46 pm 
Okay, vlonge, you should try to get Dgrazian by the saferide stop. Don't let him see you too far ahead of time, and don't make the kill if you see aok or another player with him. There's no shame in backing out of a risky kill.

There aren't any cameras in game and all but one mic is known to not be possessed by Dgrazian (and I don't think he would have had time to get the last one from Miles yet), so I think we can designate don after the kill is made. That way if you can't find Dgrazian, Sasha can get him instead and we can elect them don.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:59 pm 
So I shouldn't go to oracle?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:27 pm 
No, there's too large of a chance that he left earlier to get dinner, stop by Random, whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:23 pm 
Aok just saw me by the shuttle stop. He got on the brookline, but I haven't seen dgrazian. (I'm somewhat afraid that I missed him).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:31 pm 
kill him or no?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:41 pm 
I'm sorry everybody, I fail. Aok saw me 10-15 minutes before dgrazian got there, and then dgrazian saw me in my indecision, and then it was just too risky. I think dgrazian should either be nabbed on his way out or we should drop him and get someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:17 pm 
I doubt I'll be able to make the kill, since aok and dylanhen are both here, and know that I'm here, and I need to be grading psets. We should pick another target.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:33 pm 
Okay, we don't want to get aok either (Ishara thinks he's super sketchy). We could get Francesca at ballroom dancing maybe. I forget when that gets out; I'm on mobile now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:08 pm 
Ballroom doesn't get out til 11, that won't work

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:20 pm 
If I get enough petition signatures it will. Alternatively, we could have some one do it partway through. You can see 36-7 lobby from 34-6, so we could even get her at a break.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:46 pm 
Okay, we have a few options.
1. Hope I finish the petitions (kind of unlikely at this point) and do a kill on Dgrazian or Francesca after 11 pm.
2. Have someone kill Francesca during a break in ballroom dancing, scouting from 34-6.
3. Have a no-kill day.

Not sure who would make a kill though. We want the first kill to be don (or MtP if need be). Sasha is stuck at ET, I'm stuck hanging around EC until I can find Ama (and Ama would know I'd be heading back towards Random around the time of the kill), and Dgrazian/aok might or might not suspect vlonge.

Unless someone can conveniently do the Francesca kill, we should probably just hold off and take the no-kill day.