Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Game
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:46 pm 
My guess is that Jingyi was trying to kill Ethan and ended up killing ltchin instead. Still pretty reasonable, although killing Ethan tomorrow will set off more superheroes/cynics. Hopefully mafia realizes this and affirms Jingyi's rogueness. They should also realize by tonight that Dgrazian would be dead if he were a real rogue, and thus that he is a dirty faker.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:39 pm 
And the bad luck continues. :( It's possible that Jakob and Amanda are the only ones who will realize that Jingyi has dyed hair too. In that case, it's basically a matter of whether or not Amanda defends herself quickly enough.

One possibility would be for mafia to use up scheme by pretending to make a vigilante kill. But that's also pretty risky.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:13 pm 
Dgrazian has brought up executing jakob and just leaving Lane alive. Since jakob is such a higher conscription target. It doesn't seem to have gained much traction. People seem to be forgetting jingyizz is even playing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:22 pm 
Welp there goes our rogue :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:26 pm 
Darn Dgrazian, saying the things I thought would be immediately obvious to everyone! I doubt anyone would blindly conscript Lane, who has never been mafia before, over Jakob, who has been mafia repeatedly and shown himself to be quite invested in it. However, Lane could totally have been conscripted if he revealed as innocent child to a mafia, because IC is such a good mafia conscript. So I actually wouldn't discount the possibility of Lane being a conscript if I were a townie.

Also, Lane pointed out that Jingyizz has dyed hair too, but then immediately said, "It's not that dyed though," seeming to dismiss the idea.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:07 pm 
Darn, I was actually thinking about going desperado today or tomorrow but then though "naaaaah, I'm not that interesting of a player to be killed off THAT early. Let's wait until something more exciting happens."

RIP me. I also totally saw Jingyi when I came into class late and only thought "Huh! That's weird. I didn't know she was in 6.131!"

Also wtf since when does "Jingyi look exactly like Lilly" >___________<

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:08 pm 
I really like this comment in mafia den:

Quote:
Let's kill Dgrazian, guys. Pay no attention to the fact that his intro says, "my level of activity in this game will likely be substantially less than it typically is." This is a lie. He doesn't realize it, but he says it every game and he always ends up just as Dgraziany as always.

dgraziany is a great word.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:11 pm 
Also not sure how much I like the forced conscription on Day 0. I like it when it's a bit more strategic and someone you thought was trustworthy turns out not.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:20 pm 
Our reasoning was that it becomes increasingly less fun to be conscripted late game. It's a decision we made without consulting anyone because we thought if any players knew about it, they would argue for shutting yourself up in your room or only moving in mobs of 4+ people. That's also why it was kept secret from town.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:21 pm 
Also it was Day 0 or 1 so a bit more time but yeah perhaps not enough.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:42 pm 
I disagree with most of the reasons people are voting to execute jakob.
1) There are more people who can vouch for Lane's innocence
-That is the nature of Lane's role. Lane's role means that any number of people can know he is town. jakob's role is for exactly 1 person to know he is town.
2) Lily made fake investigations
-This was completely correct if she is a gay knight partner with jakob. Her first investigation of Jakob being innocent for someone's kill is a pretty safe bet. It fails if 1) jakob is conscripted and 2) he made that specific kill. Her second investigation of Lane guilty for shikexue's death is also pretty safe. Since there was no reason for her to suspect jakob was conscripted at this point or knew anything about Lane's role, I think it's correct for her to say Lane was guilty.
3) Lily claimed rogue to Lane
-That makes perfect sense. If jakob was conscripted, I don't think Lily loses anything by this (or shouldn't). If Lane is mafia, then Lily may be able to get in good with the mafia while still having her role as Gay Knight to fall back on.
4) This is what a rogue would do
-No that is not what a rogue would do. She's clearly already in contact with the mafia if she "investigated" jakob for an earlier kill so she doesn't need to pull this crazy stunt to get them to trust her. This happened reasonably early in the day. I don't think mafia would have counted on town being unable to produce a vigilante and thus having to pick between the two for them to put someone else on the line for that possible extra day.

gahh people should execute jakob because he's sketchy as fuck and has clearly been conscripted. :(

Honestly I think todays events would make me trust Lily a lot more than before.

Also people are forgetting that SK can get in contact with mafia by failing to kill them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:52 am 
Dgrazian pms me for the graveyard:
I was very confident (80% by 10:30 p.m., even without talking in person to either Lane or Jakob) that Jakob was the killer. I was attempting to press for killing Jakob (preferably be vigilante kill) and not even worrying about lgunder. I think I was facing a very uphill battle though. Everyone else seemed to want to execute both of them.

The thing that happened with Josh was this:

I sent separate pm's to both Lane and Jakob, saying that I had a vigilante ready and that I wanted that vigilante to kill them. I said that the result would be used to determine whether to execute the other suspect. Both of them claimed to be available and willing to do this.

In fact, I did not really know of any vigilante, but I was trying to obtain one, and my actual plan was to have jakob actually be killed if he volunteered but for lane to not actually be killed.

Five minutes to day-end, Lane was finally present and available. I told isaacg about the fake-vig-kill plan, and had him come with me to find Lane. Josh Frisch joined us on our way. When we found lane, I said, "Ok, you know what to do, 3, 2, 1" and then, to my utter shock Josh tapped him and said 'bang'. It turned out that Josh was ACTUALLY a vigilante, and he thought that we were actually going to kill Lane. So yeah, that was one of the most hilarious misunderstandings in the history of live action mafia! And I'm sorry Lane!

To my perspective, this was a bad outcome, but I had an extremely high level of confidence in Lane's innocence (up to 90-95% based on him having come to meet us.) I don't think my level of confidence was shared.

Currently (and I hope I am not embarrassing myself) I am very confident in Josh Frisch, Lily Chen, and Ethan's innocence:

1. Josh Frisch - his vigilante play was extremely believable to me, and he was psychologically very innocent-seeming after-the-fact. For what it's worth, Lily Chen thinks I'm much too trusting of him.
2. Lily Chen - I have believed her gay-knight story from the get-go. And she seems psychologically extremely convincing.
3. Ethan - He seems psychologically quite believable, and him being guilty means that the mafia through ksedlar under the bus just to get him trusted. I don't buy this at all, especially since he hasn't been trying to take dictatorial control of the game.

I'm somewhat sketched out by isaacg. I'm a little sketched out by Ian too.

I've done a horrible job (really no job anymore) of covering up my identity as an investigator. Maybe the mafia will doubt that I would make it THAT completely obvious.

I am really hosed right now, and probably will be much less involved in the game for the rest of the time that I am alive. Hopefully, I have helped set up a good situation for the town. I think that the initial parameters were very pro-mafia. At this point, I'd probably say decent, but far from decisive, advantage to the town. I haven't thought it out tremendously though.

I hope this is somewhat entertaining to the graveyard!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:38 am 
:shock: Wow, Ethan dropped game. That's pretty good for mafia. He kept causing trouble for us, was basically most trusted townsperson, and also had an incorrect role estimate on him. I can't believe that out of all the other people I knew went to the kill site on their own -- Ethan, Dgrazian, aok, and Clint -- Ethan was the only one to not be an investigative role. Also, now there are only two innocent children, one of whom is barely playing (Frevan), and one of whom is not actually being very active (Alex). Innocent children and gay knights are actually a huge problem for mafia now, because they're near guaranteed to be town.

Also, lol, this message: Receiver 5 transferred from Ethan to Ethan upon kill.

In other new, mafia is considering hiring Sam to kill Dgrazian tomorrow. This would, in fact, be hilarious, because Sam has already tapped Dgrazian on the shoulder, causing him to look scared briefly and then say, "Oh, you're not playing." It would also not be a good time though, because Sam has anime club in the evening, and thus would have a harder time finding Dgrazian. They could hire someone else though; there are plenty of people in Random who would love to be hitmen.

Also, does anyone know where mic 2 / receiver 2 are? Presumably mic 2 is with Miranda (Mile's gay knight partner), but I'm not sure. Also, what happened to mic 5 / receiver 5, for real?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:35 pm 
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 15.30.47.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 15.30.47.png [ 34 KiB | Viewed 1192 times ]

Current item status is attached.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:36 pm 
Whoops, wrong screenshot; here's the right one:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:33 pm 
So mics 3 and 4 are actually destroyed, and mic 1 is with Jayson. What about receiver 5? Did that #5 mic/receiver pair actually get back into town hands? That would be bad.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:40 pm 
Mic 5 was transferred to Josh but Receiver 5 ... I guess this isn't any different from someone being executed with items on them. Let's see who RNG says gets the receiver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:46 pm 
lol jfrisch got it. Which is better for mafia than some other townie getting it. Now josh has to pass it off to someone before it will be useful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:09 pm 
No, I gave it to lily before I died, in an effort to convince her of my innocence to get lane lynched.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:11 pm 
oh, nvm, I presume it was given to Ethan before he self-destructed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:19 pm 
Yup lily gave all her items to Ethan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:38 pm 
Anybody knows what's the mafia planning? Or have they not said anything?
Inactive mafia makes me sad :'(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:50 pm 
Hey y'all dead people. I just read through the whole mafia den and graveyard.

I'm pretty ok with how this game went for me, and kind of pleased with myself for naming 3 mafiosi in my "distrust" list right before I died. Dgrazian also distrusts vlonge, so I hope he follows up on that.

I was surprised that Jakob had gotten conscripted that early. I would've expected Katie to conscript him right before she died or Vlonge to conscript him in rehearsal.

Vlonge will be caught in a matter of time. Hopefully if sashacf starts posting more in response to me distrusting them, town will pick up on the change and suspect them more. Zmiranda and Jaysonl will be hard to catch...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:50 am 
Current status of mafia kill attempts so far:
Day 1 - Vlonge tries to kill Dgrazian; is seen by the stop by Dgrazian / aok, has to abort kill.
Day 1 - Vlonge kills Francesca, who is actually a rogue.
Day 2 - Ksedlar wakes up early to kill kmath before her first class. Kmath doesn't seem to be awake.
Day 2 - Ksedlar tries to kill kmath at a later class, hiding in the classroom a half hour in advance. Kmath skips class though.
Day 2 - Right as ksedlar leaves the room she encounters Ethan, who runs away before she can kill him.
Day 2 - Ksedlar stalks Ethan's later class, but doesn't kill him when she sees him folding a piece of paper, which she thinks is a taser he got from ltchin.
Day 2 - Ksedlar tries to coordinate with NP dukhovni to get information about Arkadiy's location, but doesn't get a response soon enough, so she decides to kill lzahray in piano lab. However, she misread the intro and didn't see this was on Monday.
Day 2 - Jingyi tries and fails to kill gurev. (Maybe this was because she ran into Oreo?)
Day 2 - Ksedlar watches lzahray and kills her coming out of an elevator in 36-3.
Day 2 - Ksedlar coordinates with ~ 6 NPs to try to catch kmath, who spends the rest of the day hiding in her room.
Day 2 - Jingyi tries to kill Ethan after his 7-10 class, but arrives too late.
Day 2 - Jingyi comes to Random to make a kill. Ksedlar almost has her kill Isaacg, but a combination of rules confusion and other players coming in prevents this.
Day 2 - Ksedlar has Jingyi hide on BMF. It's close to day end at this point, and ksedlar gets too many texts from too many people to get Jingyi another kill.
Day 3 - Jakob stalks 34-101 to get kmath, but she doesn't come to class.
Day 3 - Jakob tries to kill aok (not sure what happened with this).
Day 3 - Jakob kills Shi-ke, but doesn't see kmath/Lane. Then he kills kmath and the whole debacle happens.
Day 3 - Jingyi maybe tries to kill Ethan (not sure, but that was her assigned kill), and he was in the same class as ltchin.
Day 3 - Jingyi kills ltchin, but then Ethan asks an NP about it, who identifies her.
Day 3 - There are some plans for Jakob to kill Lily. Not sure why they fell through.
Day 4 - Vlonge tries to kill Josh at 11:35, but he doesn't show up.
Day 4 - Vlonge tries again at 1:00 and still can't find Josh. An NP says he never showed up.
Day 4 - Vlonge tries to kill Josh again (I think) later that night, but he no-shows again, and then she has too much real life stuff. A combination of not planning ahead and not wanting to make a non-don kill lead to a no-kill day.

The only kill mafia have made so far that was a net positive for us was my kill on lzahray. :( But it's not for lack of trying.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:19 am 
Dgrazian just told me that he's beginning to suspect jaysonl for metagame reasons. It's more likely that shensley would quit the game if she were mafia, and it's more likely for gods to replace a mafia who quits than a townie who quits.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:35 am 
That's unfortunate. Our initial response to shensley's request was tough luck but then we realized that jaysonl had messed up during signups and still wanted to play. So we made the switch. There was another np who wanted to play and messed up signups who we would have added to game if someone else had bailed. Ethan left too late and also was too much of a central player for us to feel comfortable replacing him. He also didn't even bother to run it by us :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:52 am 
What was the deal with Ethan killing himself?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:54 am 
I have no idea. He just reported his death on the webapp and marked himself as the killer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:27 pm 
Josh should be reprimanded.. He should've posted in the updates that he would skip his entire day. It is not fair if mafia can't find him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:37 pm 
I don't particularly think that deserves a reprimand, especially given that he had reason to expect to be targeted. I do think that people should post in the intros about their general likelihood to attend classes though, especially if they live off-campus / are otherwise hard to locate people. I think that the schedule updates thread is a great thing that makes game better, but I don't think people should be compelled to update it, especially if they're deviating from their intro for in-game reasons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next