Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Game
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:57 pm 
I don't understand why I was on 4/4 conspiracy theorist lists the day I died.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:38 pm 
aok wrote:
I don't understand why I was on 4/4 conspiracy theorist lists the day I died.

I'm certainly not surprised. As I pointed out when I was alive, you're really sketchy! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:11 am 
I think part of the reasoning for trusting him is that mafia would likely be doing a lot better if they had him on their side.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:32 am 
So what Sasha should say in response to Dgrazian is something like, "I think it's rather unlikely than Dylanhen has my medkit. However, he might have lzahray's medkit."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:09 pm 
Lucina, you should remind Sasha that hitman must be hired a day in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:09 pm 
So it looks like Dgrazian actually ended up trusting Dylan, despite the fact that I killed one of the people who started with a medkit early in game, when I was revealed and there was no other particular reason to kill her. For gods' sakes, mafia have both medkits, and town is declaring people innocent from bang invulnerability. It's really annoying when town ends up right for the wrong reasons.

I'm guessing Dgrazian is sketched out by zmiranda for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I'm not positive why he is sketched out by vlonge; I'm guessing it was either from seeing her by the saferide day 1 or for taser issues with respect to Jakob.

Actually, a lot of problems in this game come from not being able to kill Dgrazian. I knew at the beginning of game that mafia was the biggest threat, and we had explicitly planned to kill him. But then day 1 started after 11 am (when he would definitely be at work) and he went with aok to the saferide stop and spotted vlonge. Then we had to make a backup kill, which was on our serial killer. Then the fact that our serial killer was dead, and webapp error stopped her from making a kill, made Dgrazian look like the most likely serial killer, so we didn't want to kill him day 2 or 3 or hire a hitman for day 4. At that point mafia probably should have just hired a hitman anyway, even though it was later in game, just because Dgrazian is so hard to find. And now, as expected, he has accurately figured out the identities of multiple mafia. Gah. This game has been quite frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:22 pm 
My gosh, his reasons for vlonge...
a. She would have had an easy opportunity to conscript jakob.
b. She's been deceptively attentive to the game. For example, posting very quickly in response to Ethan's somewhat profane post.
c. I think I saw her on Day 1 (last Monday) around the saferide. This sketched me out a bit (I'm not positive it was her though; I am notoriously bad with faces...)
d. Gut feeling, as with the others.

He doesn't even list the taser thing. :( A is wrong (why would I miss a chance to make a conscription myself), and B seems consistent with her past behavior as town. C is totally on point, but really shouldn't be listed as C then. And while I'm sure D is true, it still annoys me.

In other news, mafia is finally going to hire Sam as a hitman (or they're at least discussing it). Yay! Hopefully I'll get to see the kill.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:16 pm 
Also, Oreo and Miranda both know I would have personally had the chance to conscript Jakob. Oreo even has our paranoia texts with Jakob texting "Katie" right before I conscripted him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:52 pm 
Gah. Everything is sad. Mafia has gone down from something like a ~10% chance of winning to more like a 1% chance of winning. This is like the 2nd time tsims caught a mafia via texting/emailing too, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:18 pm 
Sam is the most subtle hitman ever. Alex, lzahray, and I are in Pecker kitchen, and Sam just comes up and asks me, "What's the procedure for killing someone in their room? 3, 2, 1 bang?" and then he goes over to Dgrazian's room to kill him (although it turns out Dgrazian just let him in). Anyway, this was all just blatantly in front of Alex. Sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:32 pm 
Lucina, Dgrazian's taser is used up (he used it on Jayson).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:41 pm 
Yep. I'd say this was about consistent with my past performance in mafia. I have to say I did a beautiful job for town. They should give me a trophy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 pm 
Also, vlonge, I missed your party. :(

It seemed like it would have been fun. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:01 am 
I would have loved to go as well :-D Except that I was prepared to run from you on sight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:27 am 
A couple comments from reading this thread:

1. ajliu, very true, I would have made sure jaysonl kaboomed you. Whether it was wise to tell me all the role information is another question. I don't know the answer. I'm extremely wary about giving away role information in this rule set because of just how devastating multiple set-a-traps are. But you really did have good reason to trust me I think.

2. Ksedlar, I'll be the first person to argue that 'x had a good opportunity to kill me' shouldn't convince one that x is innocent. However, in the case of aok:
a. His opportunity to kill me was special. I would have been completely and totally taken by surprise, the kill would not be linked to aok, and I knew that I was a high-priority kill target.
b. That on its own would absolutely not make me trust aok. I also got a strong psychological impression that he was innocent. And

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:27 am 
A couple comments from reading this thread:

1. ajliu, very true, I would have made sure jaysonl kaboomed you. Whether it was wise to tell me all the role information is another question. I don't know the answer. I'm extremely wary about giving away role information in this rule set because of just how devastating multiple set-a-traps are. But you really did have good reason to trust me I think.

2. Ksedlar, I'll be the first person to argue that 'x had a good opportunity to kill me' shouldn't convince one that x is innocent. However, in the case of aok:
a. His opportunity to kill me was special. I would have been completely and totally taken by surprise, the kill would not be linked to aok, and I knew that I was a high-priority kill target.
b. That on its own would absolutely not make me trust aok. I also got a strong psychological impression that he was innocent. And this game really didn't seem to have his mafia fingerprints on it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:34 am 
A definite mistake I think I made was trusting Dylan as much as I did. I very much agree with Ksedlar on that. It wasn't ONLY the vigilante thing that was making me trust him more. But that was most of it, and if I had realized that 'of course the mafia could have used regular 'bang' on Lisa to steal her medkit' then I would have been much more suspicious of Dylan. So there I agree that I got the right conclusion for the wrong reasons.

On the other 'trusts' and 'distrusts' I had though, I think I stand by my impressions. I didn't mistakenly trust any mafia, and my suspicions had pretty good accuracy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:36 am 
Go Oreo with her list of people she trusts!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:52 am 
I'm sorry that this has been a frustrating game for the mafia. You've gotten really unlucky hitting traps and not being able to find the people you want to kill. Looking through the mafia den, I think you've played a good game. Congrats to vlonge especially for getting away with it for so long!

Kudos for a good game! And I hope you've had fun.

Also, vlonge, that was you who I ran into the first night at the saferide, right? You were asking me about a bus to New House I think? I'm unfortunately/fortunately terrible and confidently recognizing people.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:23 am 
oreo wrote:
I think I'm more suspicious of zmiranda though. Since he said he didn't even know he had to post alibis, that tells us one of two things:
1- He literally didn't check forums at all, ever
2- He was lying
Obviously 2 incriminates him, but even if 1 were true, I find it unlikely that he would have just not checked the forum at all the whole game, and then magically answered pretty soon after I suggested he was sketchy. So I think one of his mafia bros must have told him that he should just pretend he didn't know what was going on.

Oreo, you rock!!! Push this through! Don't drop it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:00 pm 
To be fair, while Oreo is right, she's jumping to conclusions. As I mentioned, juesato (a townie) behaved very similarly to zmiranda in a past game. He followed forums enough to see notice when people were suspicious of him, but he didn't post because he said he didn't have anything to contribute, and he didn't post alibis because he figured that none of them were good anyway. Even Austin Fathman, who has played in tons of games, often doesn't post alibis, because he is literally never around another player or even an NP that another player would know.

Zmiranda quite reasonably could have not posted alibis for the same reason Austin Fathman often didn't: he lives in Maseeh, so his alibis are mostly worthless anyway.

Basically, while zmiranda's behavior should definitely set off sketchdars (particularly how promptly he responded to the push to lynch inactives), it's wrong to say that there are only two possibilities.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:03 pm 
You're definitely right. Oreo's analysis is an oversimplification; there are other plausible explanations that involve zmiranda being innocent. However:

1. zmiranda's behavior is a significant red flag on its own. And in the context of the rest of the game, I think there's far more than sufficient reason to execute him.
2. In cases like this I think it's reasonable to simplify arguments in order to get the point across.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:16 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
In cases like this I think it's reasonable to simplify arguments in order to get the point across.

Reasonable. I'm probably being overly nitpicky about things. There's not much happening to comment on though... :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:20 pm 
Speaking of that, does anybody in the graveyard (Lucina?) know what's going on with the Maria's plans? Are they plotting outside the graveyard?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:38 pm 
I don't think they realize zmiranda is being lynched tonight. They're not making a kill because they don't have to. (Today may also just be a bad day for them. Sasha is sick, idk what's up with zmiranda).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:18 pm 
So the last mafia text was from Sasha at 4:30 pm saying, "sounds good" in response to vlonge's plan to kill tsims. I know vlonge was the one to do all the communication with Sam for hitmanning.

Zmiranda probably won't do anything without other mafia poking him. So if Sasha is sick, mafia is pretty screwed. There are a few things Sasha could do to keep going (poison a couple people, do a MtP kill at ET / near a class, and burn through scheme, traps, and slaughters). They could probably kill quite a few people before getting caught if they tried. But I know from experience that trying to do mafia stuff sucks when you're not feeling well, and I don't think that prolonging game will make things more fun for either side. Besides, it's pretty clear that this is town's game.

Anyway, Lucina, I think you should ask Sasha if they want to resign. Or go around and have fun killing Alex and Dylan and then resign, or whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:28 pm 
:( Mafia really don't have any chance anymore. zmiranda is getting executed tonight and sashacf will get executed or vigilante killed for voting differently from Town.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:35 pm 
Did Sasha not want to resign?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:56 pm 
They went to sleep before I could talk to them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:13 pm 
By the letter of the rules the game is over. By the spirit of the rules, I'm pretty sure the game is over. By reasonability... just do whatever you think is reasonable. I don't think there would be any harm in letting the game continue if sasha really wants to.

I agree at this point that the mafia have no plausible chance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next