Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:56 pm 
First of all, would people be interested in playing in a second live action mafia game? It seems like we've sort of started a tradition of having a regular game and a weird game each semester. So we could have a weird one if people were interested. I know aok had ideas about running another mystery mafia game. I would also gm a mystery mafia game if aok didn't want to (I don't think we would co-gm and run one together, because I expect we have very different ideas, and I want to actually play in a mystery mafia game for real at some point). It should probably be only emailed out to people who have played Live Action Mafia before. This would probably happen in November, to be far enough away from this game and also far enough away from Live Action Mafia: The Guild Game (known as On the Lam), which is running the weekend before finals.

Speaking of which, I should explain more about On the Lam. It's a LARP running through the Assassin's Guild, which draws heavy inspiration from the Live Action Mafia setting, roles, and theme. It's being GMed by me, aok, isaacg, and dukhovni. Our blurb is:

"The small town of Pleasantville is having its mayoral election and city council meeting. With the recent string of murders and peak levels of criminal activity, the people want to take back the town and exact their own form of justice. As a concerned innocent townsperson, you'll meet with other people just like you to decide Pleasantville's fate.

Inspired by the MIT game Live Action Mafia, On the Lam is a four-hour game of murder, deception, crime, politics, murder, investigation, stealth, vengeance, and murder."

I'll email out to the last couple Live Action Mafia games, in addition to assassins-guild@ when the app goes out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:27 am 
I would be interested in playing both of those games!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:10 am 
Also, Josh says he will GM Mystery Mafia with me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:29 pm 
Aok says he plans to run his Mystery Mafia game later this fall (he expressed interest first, so I figure he has dibs). Josh might or might not be around in the spring, so I might not end up GMing with him.