Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:29 pm 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:32 pm 
Can you just make it so that we don't need to request access? If not my gmail is aoriole19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:35 pm 
Yeah, I guess we could just go back to the "everyone has access" plan. The original reasoning for making it request only was so that edits were trackable and we didn't just have a kludgey "mafia shouldn't mess with this" rule. But requests are kind of a pain.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:59 pm 
"Everyone has access" is banned in normal games since it allows anonymous editing. It is allowed in this game. However, anyone is free to do whatever they want with any spreadsheets.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:02 pm 
Okay. Maybe a few people should just make defensive copies of the spreadsheet every so often.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:17 pm 
Added sections for investigations, etc. which hopefully/presumably will actually do things this game.

If you want to make the spreadsheet request-only, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to. I guess it depends whether you want people to be able to anonymously mess with things. Which I guess depends on whether or not you're mafia :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:36 pm 
I mean I think generally people shouldn't mess with it even if they are mafia (and to me it's one of those things that just makes it no fun for anyone so they just shouldn't, even in a crazy game like this) but having to request access is a minor annoyance and also a slightly bigger annoyance to Katie who has to make sure she approves them all as quickly as possible and doesn't accidentally approve any shenanigans (trolling or attempted anonymity or something)