Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Planning!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:19 pm 
So for our VC we need to kill all of the West Side mafia. I'm going to assume that for the purposes of game balance there are around three WS mafia since there are three of us. There are only two people playing who are actually from West Campus dorms (oreo and regirock in Simmons), so it's likely that at least one member (probably two) of the WS mafia is from off campus - either living independently or, more likely, at ET or Pika (which are both west of campus).

Non-East Side People (likely mafia in bold, unlikely in italics):

AustinFathman
dgrazian - used to live at Random, spends a lot of time there
dylanhen
Lucy
Mads
mgavrin
oreo
pravinas
regirock

I think it's a good idea to conscript someone who is likely WS mafia ASAP. If we manage to conscript one of them, we find out the names of the others. Even if we get a townie, we still have someone who lives closer to the actual WS mafia on our side. I personally recommend oreo because from what I've heard from other people/read on previous game forums, she's pretty good at killing people without attracting suspicion.

As for kills, I think it's a good idea to go for west side people over high-profile townies first. Most of the really dangerous townies are from Random or EC, so they're going to be doubly attractive targets to the WS mafia because there's also a chance they're one of us.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Planning!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:53 pm 
+1 for conscripting oreo.

However, this means we won't be able to use abilities for our first kill (aside from "kaboom"). We could wait for one or two kills and then concscript, but it seems easier to lie on earlier kills than later, which is why I vote for early conscription.

I suppose we will have to choose a place to transfer money to whoever conscripts if that's our choice. Ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:25 pm 
It's pretty easy for the two of us to transfer money back and forth. If we don't want to have public contact we can just use one of Random's bathrooms as a drop site.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:38 pm 
I talked to aok just now and since Miles is in NY until tomorrow night he's making an exception to the physical-transfer-only rule so we can conscript sooner than Saturday. I can try to get Oreo after 7.012 tomorrow morning if we transfer money tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:35 pm 
I didn't realize that this was how east vs west side mafia works hahaha. So I can try to casually talk to regirock and see if I can pick up any sketch vibes at all from her. (I can probably do this tomorrow) Even if she is mafia, in the past I don't think she's put all that much effort into the game, so she wouldn't be the #1 threat.

I thought Dylanhen lived in Random, but just hung out at ET? I definitely could be wrong though.

What do you guys think of Lucy's trolling? Do you think it has anything to do with her role or was she just doing it for the lols?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:31 pm 
Awesome.

As for Lucy, it does not seem she would troll for comic relief if it means putting town at a disadvantage. It is likely then that it has to do with her VC, and as such we should probably kill her last in case her VC entails ending game (which I find unlikely, though).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:12 am 
I'm running for mayor because I think Lucy seems like an enemy to us. I'm not really sure though. I have no idea what I'm doing. Also I thought investigations would be good for us so we can try to find the west side mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:34 pm 
Lucy's a Russian, and I'm working pretty closely with ksedlar (also Russian), so I don't think she's an enemy, but she's also not particularly useful to us if she's elected. Katie has investigations as part of her Russian-townie-role, and she says that she knows who the west mafia are but won't tell me until the Russian goal is met. Lucy probably won't give us any information that Katie won't since they're on the same side. I think it's a good idea for you to run, that way we can actually find out who we're looking for sooner. You should stop by random today with your petition so people can sign it :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:47 pm 
Oh! Is Lucy on the list of Russians we know? I didn't even realize, sorry. I haven't really been that invested in this game so far, so I was also hoping this would be an excuse for me to get more involved. I'm really glad mads offered to make my petition and wasn't like "no you're sketchy" so hopefully she knows a lot of people and can get a lot of signatures. I'm going to try to go around with her tonight but I have to talk with her about the timing, because I have a frisbee workout tonight and other plans to do psets with people tonight. So I'll message her and try to figure out when I should get my petition.

It might make sense for mads to be west side mafia given that's she's running for PO, but I'm not sure. I think we should let her get elected then if I get elected mayor I'll investigate her for a kill that we think west side mafia made. Mads and I also usually talk about game a lot and especially given that we're running together, I can hopefully get info out of her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:34 pm 
Sooo regirock found Kmath guilty for killing lilychen. Should we worry about that? I don't want to look sketchy by defending her, and I don't really think anyone is going to listen or care anyway. I just wanted to point this out I guess.

So if regirock is dying, mads is running for PO, and we know Lucy isn't west side mafia, who should we target? Maybe austinfathman or pravinas?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:46 pm 
We need to kaboom jingyi today. She's another zombie, and I have a dollar we can use for the kaboom. Undead people are really difficult to deal with and I want her out of the way before she accidentally makes the west mafia really really hard to kill.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:47 pm 
I had a really good alibi for that kill, and I'm going to post that in the lynch thread.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:54 pm 
Okay, cool. How much money do we have total? It would be useful to strategize what we thing gives us the most "bang for our buck" hahahaha but yeah using $1 to kaboom jungyizz sounds good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:58 pm 
I have only $1 after using kaboom on Lily. I don't think zombies die to regular bangs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:08 pm 
Oh okay, so the only way we can get more money is to kill west side mafia with money, I suppose. Oh well, I think it's fine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:12 pm 
Yeah, it should be fine, we need to kill the west mafia anyway. Can you get jingyi today? I'll get you the money for the kaboom, but I'm kinda hosed and don't want to be running around campus chasing her. She has a class that ends at 3 and you could probably kill her after that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:18 pm 
Where is her class? I have class at 3 but I can probably pull it off. Where should I meet you to get the dollar? I'm sitting outside in front of lobby 7 right now (like at the benches on top of the steps)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:31 pm 
I'm at Random but I can meet you on campus. Where are you now? Her class is in 54-819, and she'll be walking toward her next class in 4-159.