Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Introductions!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:07 pm 
Hi all -

I figured it would be a good idea to post a little bit about our previous experiences with Live Action Mafia, things that might be generally useful to know, contact info, etc.

I'm pretty new to this. This is my second game of Live Action Mafia, and my first one playing as any sort of mafia role. I'm willing to be pretty committed to this game, and can put in a decent amount of time planning stuff and making kills. Kills that are convenient for me to make include Randomites and people I have classes/activities with:

dgrazian
dylanhen - Tuesdays
ijc
inisley
isaacg
jessk - Tuesdays, Thursdays
ksedlar
lilychen
ltchin - when she's working desk
oreo - Tuesdays, Thursdays
pravinas - Tuesdays

I'm going to gather some strategy tips from previous games' mafia dens and make a thread for those. Please feel free to add more to it, especially if you've done this before.

We should also work out a general kill priority list and specific kill plans for the next day or two.

Contact info:
Email: kmath@mit.edu
Phone: (908)-285-6974

The best way to reach me on short notice is via text.

**posted in mafia den**

Post subject: Re: Introductions!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:32 pm 
Hi!

This is also my second ever Live Action Mafia Game, and first as mafia. I live in Random (Bonfire).

I don't have any classes or activities with any of the players, but am at least acquainted with the Randomites in some fashion.

Phone number: (939)-285-4100

East Side!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:24 pm 
Hey,
I've played ~4 games but have never been too active. I'll put more weight into this one.

I can conveniently kill other EC 4E (though obvious). I have recitation with oreo, not sure who else I have classes with but probably some more.

phone: 617-935-9850

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:01 am 
Heyo,
I've played like 5ish games (started last year) but I still feel like there a lot of strategy I don't know, so don't assume my ideas are always good (though I hope they are!) haha. I'm not sure who I'd be able to kill easily. Regirock lives in Simmons but I would probably prefer not to kill her because I would very likely be investigated, even if I had a decent lie in my alibi.

Email: aoriole
Phone: 704-773-0833

I think generally we should use the forums (make sure you check often! Sorry for being nonexistent until now) but for quick things texting is probably good.

There are several players (at least 4 including me, maybe 5) in 18.510, so we shouldn't make a kill there and generally should probably avoid E17 Tuesdays/Thursday's 2:30-4.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:25 pm 
Oreo, can you post the details (powers + victory conditions) of your original role?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:46 am 
Yeah, so my role lets me ask 2 yes or no questions about role or goal info about any dead player per day. Day 1, I made a mistake and asked questions that weren't allowed, so sorry for that screwup ): Day 2, I found out that neither Sammyluo nor MirandaGavrin had the town goal! I'm really sorry for not posting this earlier, but I hadn't really been online for most of today.

I wasn't given VC with my role so my goal was just the town goal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:50 am 
You should ask if mgavrin was West Side mafia and if sammyluo was a Chinese Spy. These are things that I suspect and would like confirmed. Reasons for suspecting: mgavrin had a Fake ID, which we were known to also start out with; I received an anonymous PM stating that sammyluo was a Chinese spy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 am 
I started out with a fake ID too! I thought I posted this earlier, but now that I think of it maybe I didnt.

Those sound like good questions but I'll wait until tomorrow evening unless other info comes up

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 am 
*in case, not unless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:11 am 
I think it's a good idea to ask about mgavrin asap, just so we know if we're hunting two people or three.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:07 am 
I think you're right about wanting to know about Miranda gavrin so I just asked. I'll let you know when aok responds

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:17 pm 
She did not have the role West Side Mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 pm 
Also, sorry for being a horrible teammate, but I forgot to ask my second gravedigger question yesterday. I had some personal problems come up yesterday and my mind wasn't really focused on game. If you have any suggestions on what I should ask today, let me know. Do we still want to know about Sammyluo?