Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 Post subject: Day 2 scheming
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 am 
Most likely the Fake ID holder is Brogan, Di, or Kate, since I think it's too early in the game for anyone to reasonably split their own votes between two choices. Should we try to target one of them, or go for another out-of-the-blue person? I plan to chat with some of the Nexties later this afternoon to see if anyone is willing to spill info.

It's hard to pull off a kill in Next, since the players here (excluding me) are all very good friends and have probably formed some sort of psuedo-trust amongst them. I have no doubt that if I attempted a kill, one of them would have a method of alerting the rest of whodunnit. For me, then, I think it's best if I do kills on-campus. This lowers the chances of people thinking it's a Nextie (because arguably, what kind of Nextie -wants- to walk to Random to kill someone? I'm lazy, remember?)

The most important roles to figure out right now are Ironheart (since we do not want to target a kill on him) and Investigators. The only way to kill Ironheart is by lynching, so we either need to deliberately frame him or conscript him. Since we have Mayor now, if we can find out who Ironheart is, I'd say we stealthily launch an attack on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:44 am 
I have a plot for this. I'll post later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:50 am 
Awesome. I'm excited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:08 am 
Oh, btw, I got another name badge. ID #2. Candy from baby easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:12 am 
Man, we're just dominating, aren't we :D We're now a voting block of 8...
Who originally had ID #2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 am 
Brogan had it.

Vivian, would you like the search warrant?

Also, I have gotten the following confirmed:
"If I use it on someone who I believe to have the medkit, can I just present the search warrant, and tap them on the shoulder and say "bang" in a fairly fluid motion (as long as they do not have reasonable doubt that I was using up the search warrant on them)?"

He answered:
"Yes. However, if they do not have the Medkit, or even no items at all, the search warrant is still used up."

If you take the search warrant, then when we are sure of who we think has the medkit, I would like you to execute this. If the person in question is in Random, we will use the manipulate the press ability, under the assumption that someone saw you and will waste a day seeing if you did it.

I would like to conscribe someone within 2 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:49 am 
I agree with the conscription - the longer we wait, the less valuable some of the information is to us.

I am happy to take custody of the search warrant and execute whatever is necessary to get the Medkit into our hands. Where/when do you want to meet up to pass it off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 am 
How's tomorrow, 2:30 pm, around the student center? Perhaps the 4th floor lobby? We can discuss details of medkit-stealing later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 am 
We shouldn't conscribe unless there is some evidence that someone publicly is investigator. The mad scientist is fairly certain I, being mayor, will be conscripted. After a day goes by without someone dying, the scientist will not trust me. Politician would be good to conscribe too. It's like 2 mafia members in 1.

EDIT:
Also, I can do the medkit stealing. I know how to get to the person. There's just one tiny thing I need to try to give myself some wiggle room.

Last edited by JB Parkes on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:57 am 
JB Parkes wrote:
We shouldn't conscribe unless there is some evidence that someone publicly is investigator. The mad scientist is fairly certain I, being mayor, will be conscripted. After a day goes by without someone dying, the scientist will not trust me. Politician would be good to conscribe too. It's like 2 mafia members in 1.

See my new topic. I made it before this post, and came to the same realization as you. I really think inspector would be better than politician, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:40 am 
Should we attack Kai?

We attacked Laura for the search warrant. Everyone thinks so.

Everyone was told to quickly get rid of their items.

If we killed Kai, it would look like we were looking for the Medkit.

If we ask Kai where the Medkit is before we kill her, in the off-chance she was iron heart, when she came back, she would have a reasonable cause to think we didn't know where it was. This helps protect me, as opposed to the opposite, NOT mentioning the Medkit when we kill her as if it weren't important to us where it is, then people who are connected to it will be implicated when she came back.

An added benefit is that if she lives, the people she should message about the medkit to would be dgrazien and myself, the two people that took the medkit off her hands.

The downside to killing her is that it takes a suspect off of the prime suspects for murder day 1, bringing investigators one step closer to fluffy.

People who know where the medkit is will know however that the search warrant wasn't necessarily used.

I think Kai is a good target soon, and fluffy would be a good assassin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 am 
That's not a bad strategy. Even if blame is shifted over more to fluffy, it ensures that they remain fixated on the "Oh no there's a killer in Random" mindset instead of taking time towards figuring out the other mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:27 pm 
I don't want to make another kill within random unless we use manipulate the presses on it. I'd like to remind you guys that hiring a hitman is always an option, and that he could just waltz up to someone and murder them for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:29 pm 
I'm willing to scramble the presses, especially if we can murder Kai within her room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:35 pm 
*.*`` That will be a harder assassination. She will not let me into her room during this game. The only time she ever let me into her room was while we were dating or to look at a new MegaMan figure she got (and she already showed off her most recent two to me *outside* of her room). I am not willing to push open her door to tap her on the shoulder even if she opens it part of the way. If I use my voice from outside the door to ask to be let in (rather than just knocking), she will know it's me and immediately become suspicious. Her reflexes are good from video games; if I hide a bit and then pop out when she sticks her head out of her room to see who it was, she will see me and close her door.

These all lead to me being found out. The only possibility I have is being alone in BMF kitchen when she happens to come out for food or to go to the bathroom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:40 pm 
Another thing we can do is I can send a PM to JRC simply saying

"Kate is innocent of the murder of Laura."

and see what that drums up. If all goes well he'll think I'm an investigator or at least am trusted by one. Also it explains my leanings to not lynch. There will be no opposition to this if it comes to light, because... well... she is.

The other possibility is that he thinks I'm mafia, and am defending her. Which lets us kill her, and sort of ruins that idea.

I think we should kill Kai now, and Kate after 3-4 days, so that by then, all the prime suspects will have been investigated and found not guilty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:04 pm 
fluffy wrote:
I'd like to remind you guys that hiring a hitman is always an option, and that he could just waltz up to someone and murder them for us.

I would prefer to save Hire a Hitman until later on in the game, especially when numbers are dwindling and it may get easier to guess who makes kills. Right now we have the confusion of many players on our side, so I would much prefer to Manipulate the Press than Hire a Hitman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 pm 
My thoughts were that people are more paranoid early-game. If they survive into late game, they'll either think "meh, if we're dead, we'll be dead. whatever" or "we've got this!" (whether they're right or not, they'll probably be less on-guard)

You have no idea how much stress and effort I went into to make Laura get murdered in the scenario that was LEAST suspicious for me, and now that one was already in BMF kitchen, MANY MORE PEOPLE ARE HANGING OUT THERE.

I am not okay with being asked to complete such an unreasonable murder. Put yourself in my shoes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:30 pm 
Oh no, I meant kill Kai, and then scramble the media and put the murder inside her room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:47 pm 
Oh, okay.

Then how do you suggest we kill kai?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:47 pm 
Normal meal time death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:52 pm 
I could try to kill her if you'd like. I expect we should scramble the media.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:40 pm 
Please do. I've been at fencing and then a mystery hunt organizational meeting since before you posted either of those messages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:14 am 
People think we are looking for the medkit, and the biggest possible finger pointing at me is hanging high. I'd say it was a good day team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:22 am 
I agree. Nice job on that.

As for the mad scientist, how about we conscript Kate tomorrow (in other words, today, in Mafia-time) and then have HER kill the mad scientist as soon as possible the next day (tomorrow in mafia-time)? I'm more worried about Kate's suspicions than the mad scientist's, and unlike the latter's, whose suspicions can only begin at midnight of tomorrow, Kate's can begin as soon as she sends in a new name for investigation on the first murder, which I honestly assume she has done already, as it is the most logical course of action when a day rolls over.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]