Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:54 am 
I have changed my mind about needing to conscribe so soon.

If the inspector comes out, we can conscribe them and one of us (not the one being accused) can come out as the inspector. That person will "admit" that they are not the inspector after they are one of us, saying that they wanted to out the real inspector so that there would be someone genuinely trustworthy in game. The "inspector" will then name random people that are not any of us (well, they can include me and maybe JB if there have been sufficiently many Days by that point) that he has inspected the first murder scene for, so that we increase our number of townspeople on our side (after all, they "know" we're telling the truth if we named them innocent; or at the very least, siding with us will then give them the impression of safety).

Anyone's thoughts on this plan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:00 am 
It's a plan that is deducible. Also, I am cleared of suspicion with a very good alibi. I'm trying to clear you by getting them to give up on the first day's murder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 am 
Keep in mind there are TWO inspectors, and they will probably have met and established trust by the time one of them comes out. If we conscript one and then have the Mafia pretend to be the inspector, the other (non-conscripted) inspector will probably be able to convey that he/she knows we're the Mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:09 am 
FUCK, I didn't notice that in the rules. The text says "the investigator" every time, so I just assumed there was one of him without reading the line on role distribution :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:09 am 
On the bright side:

If they've met, and we conscript one, we can force the one to tell us the second.

Unfortunately, if I were a townsperson, I would get someone else to announce things for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:14 am 
Fortunately, it's unlikely that they went the "methods of rationality slytherin" route, so we should be able to find at least one inspector even if they're doing things that way. (in other words, they won't be passing messages down chains of anonymity)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:22 am 
Such a trap was how I got the ID. I said Brogan shouldn't hold onto it, because a few people knew about it, but that I had a contact to whom I could give it with the instruction to pass it on again, so that if I were conscripted, I wouldn't know who had it.

Also, I should take the warrant. I'm in no danger of having it taken from me aside from lynching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:29 am 
Since JB already has a circle of trust going on, it might be better to pass the warrant to him, although I am still ready and willing if you need me. Thoughts, fluffy? I'm working on getting several others' trust, though, and I suspect that one or two of them might have the Medkit. Jason Chiu has been very eager to suggest meeting up, always hinting that I'm going to kill him. He doesn't seem afraid to die, which leads me to believe he's either got the Medkit or is Ironheart. The bad thing, though, is that I am one of the only players who knows him (I invited him to the game) so if I kill him, it wouldn't be hard to figure out it was me.

I guess it all depends on who actually has the Medkit... more information to come once it's discovered.

And you'd be surprised how often this "chain of anonymity" happens in live-action mafia. Already I have heard of people trying to develop such chains/networks (hell, I've even lied that I had one established), so we shouldn't toss it aside that quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:34 am 
I know where the medkit is. It's with the scientist. I take the warrant, show it, get the medkit, and kill the scientist. It's beautiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:37 am 
I agree with all of this and will hand over the medkit to JB tomorrow (for those of you not on Random Standard Time, I mean the 24 hour period that begins in 2 and a half hours).

He might just want to go ahead and kill the scientist on the same day, but it sounded like he didn't want to quite yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:42 am 
Do you want me to come get the warrant now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:24 am 
This sounds so easy =9 good luck to all~

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]