Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:50 pm 
In order to preserve maximum sneakiness - I propose that we start by killing off people that we don't know very well (or at all) in order to deflect suspicion. Or, perhaps people who we would expect other people to kill?

I don't know that many people in this game at all, actually - I think the only four I've met before are Daniel, Ami, Jason, and Vinoth (apologies if I left anyone out).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:10 pm 
I know many people in this game. I say we kill someone from a random dorm far away from other people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:53 pm 
Ok - here's a list of players. I've taken everyone off the list who I could potentially be connected to (and all of the Mafia, of course) - if you guys each copy it and eliminate more people we should either a) be left with a list of people that have no obvious connections to us or b) end up with an empty list, at which point we need a better plan:

Bianca
Di
Elizabeth Krueger
Gabriel
Hilary
Jason Chiu
Jonathan
Joy
JY
Kaima
Laura McKnight
Mark Velednitsky
Mika Braginsky
JJ
Alex Westbrook
Bobby Fortanely
Brian Iglesias
Brogan King
Kate O'Connor
Lydia
Mats Ahlgren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:41 pm 
We should kill as we gain information. I plan to run for mayor amongst my friends. Should be enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:44 pm 
JB Parkes wrote:
We should kill as we gain information. I plan to run for mayor amongst my friends. Should be enough.

Yes, I agree, the Random frosh especially look up to you as a charismatic character, after all....

As for the list,
Bianca
Di
Gabriel
Hilary
Jason Chiu
Jonathan
Joy
JY
Mark Velednitsky
JJ

And JB, as far as "killing as we gather information", before our *first* kill, we don't really have the opportunity to guess at what roles other people may have. So I highly recommend we go with the strategy of the first one being a totally out-of-nowhere victim so that all the townspeople will just be guessing in the dark.

Edit: Actually, I would like to skip straight to the step of recommending that we kill Mark, the 18 frosh, on the basis of him picking a horrible language to code his if/else statement in (in the introductory thread).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:24 pm 
I know Mark Veldnitsky; he was my prefrosh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:46 pm 
fluffy wrote:
Edit: Actually, I would like to skip straight to the step of recommending that we kill Mark, the 18 frosh, on the basis of him picking a horrible language to code his if/else statement in (in the introductory thread).

I cannot agree more.

As for the list:
Gabriel
Mark Velednitsky

That doesn't leave many people, but Mark -is- still on the list... :D

By the way, I still have no idea what half of you look like - can you link me to FB profiles or photos so I at least know who my fellow Mafia are? You can find/friend me at http://facebook.com/vivianleemit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:59 pm 
Btw, two important things:
    Do not kill anyone without letting the other Mafia know, so we don't run the risk of an attempted second kill.
    Do not use a special power without letting the other Mafia know, so we make sure we're all on the same page with regards to strategy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:01 am 
JB said that he knows Mark, which leaves Gabriel as the last remaining person on the list that none of us can be connected to....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:30 am 
I do know Mark, but killing someone we know isn't a bad thing. Especially someone in Random Hall. It's an easy place to kill someone with plenty of potential killers. Especially if either Vivian or Nicole comes in, before people even know who they are and knock someone off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:31 am 
People in Random are big on introducing themselves to new people, especially if those new people aren't confidently walking towards some precise destination; I do not think it wise for someone that does not frequently visit Random to come to Random so early unless there is a large, public people-meeting-each-other, because I think it would be tasteless for them to lie to people about their names. Also possibly against the rules, I'm not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:41 am 
You could try to kill Laura tonight. She's been in BMF Lounge. IDK if she's coming back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:45 am 
I feel like the first kill should have everyone's approval, and also people will suspect you if I make a kill at this time of day, since you gave such a late report on the state of Random.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:46 am 
Then you have to do it some time during the day. She's going to bed now it seems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:51 am 
That's fine. If people agree, I can get it done without it looking sketchy. I have zero commitments tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:32 am 
Very very against having someone not usually a visitor to Random committing the act of murder, especially since that will draw attention.. and I don't believe it's that easy to waltz into Random without -someone- making note of your presence. It would very easy for people to figure out from there who we are.

I am okay with killing Laura if you two are.

btw, we three have been some of the most active speakers on the forum thus far - make sure not to overdo it... usually eagerness to speak indicates a special role, and we don't want anyone to suspect us right off the bat.

... but also don't remain too silent. As you may have seen in past games, people have a tendency to lynch silent people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:21 pm 
. . . if Nicole does not respond soon, then within an hour or two I will begin as-unsuspiciously-as possible stalking the dorm, possibly with my DS, waiting for an opportunity to kill Laura, which will almost certainly arrive before midnight, if not before 11.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:14 pm 
To double-check, there's nothing against the rules about murdering someone when anyone else is in line-of-sight, it's just that if someone in-game is around, it will be obvious that you're the one who did it, right?

So if someone out-of-game promised not to say anything about game, then it would be fine to kill Laura as long as no one else in-game is around?

(though she and Mirriam seem to be attached at the hip for this game, which makes it hard)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:18 pm 
Oh, sorry I disappeared - go for it. And no, afaik that's not against the rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:19 pm 
fluffy wrote:
To double-check, there's nothing against the rules about murdering someone when anyone else is in line-of-sight, it's just that if someone in-game is around, it will be obvious that you're the one who did it, right?

So if someone out-of-game promised not to say anything about game, then it would be fine to kill Laura as long as no one else in-game is around?

(though she and Mirriam seem to be attached at the hip for this game, which makes it hard)

Indeed, it is fine to kill people when others are around. What out-of-game people do is up to them, so you're free to get them to promise to keep quiet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:54 pm 
I killed Laura about 4 minutes ago. She was making food, back turned, alone (not even any NPs around), in BMF kitchen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:55 pm 
Niceeeee :D
Were you in disguise, or did she clearly know it was you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:24 pm 
I literally walked up to her from behind :/ She knew it was me after I tapped her on the shoulder and said "bang", because that's when she turned around. So she had no time to make noise as I sketchily walked up to her, but there was no disguise involved. How the hell would I disguise my hair, anyway?

Also, I obviously have the search warrant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:18 pm 
Nice, so now we have a search warrant and a fake ID. Looking good :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:33 am 
Currently we have:

2x Fake ID
The Search Warrant
The medkit (essentially, it's not going anywhere)
1 Inspector
1 Mad Scientist

Tomorrow we have a few options:

Vanilla kill - someone random (preferably outside of random so that Lydia looks even more guilty)
Kill the scientist - this will draw ENORMOUS suspicion from dgrazian since he is the only other person who knows who the medkit was given to.
Kill the investigator - which could pull suspicion from Kru Brogan or Brian if Kate dies tomorrow.

I don't want to aggro too quickly. We can kill Kate in 2 days or so after misguiding her investigations, or conscript her, but I think we are going to be able to let the mob kill off dgrazian.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]