Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Day 7 scheming
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:34 am 
Consolidating thoughts on one thread.
I am so tired from hunting and skating..

So from JJ's latest post, obviously the whole "conscript Kate and then put her to use" thing was pretty pointless after all. We should have had her do something sooner, before JJ came out and everyone trusted her and the clusterfuck with fluffy that basically sealed the deal...

I guess Kate will be leaving our ranks today unless we can come up with some clever reverse-psychology argument.
We -need- to kill JJ soon. And after that, kill JY and Joy, who may be the -real- investigator. Because after they're gone, the townspeople won't have any more chances to investigate, and if we're persuasive enough we can lead them all to lynching each other.

EDIT: Wait, did anyone else notice this on JJ's post, from Dgrazian's PM:
Quote:
See you tomorrow hopefully! Get the essential information to your investigator ASAP.

^ does this imply JJ is not the investigator, merely the liason? Did she just overlook this part of the PM? Kate did mention that Dgrazian thought JJ was covering for someone.

Either way, if everyone else totally buys JJ's post, the obvious choice is to have Kate make today's kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:15 am 
Wait, is it possible we could outvote them? Eight innocent people voted today, one of whom is now dead. How many fake ID's do we have? If we can convince just a few people not to vote for me, we could win.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:22 am 
Wait - what if I said I was claiming to be inspector to protect someone else (maybe Brogan?) It would at least be consistent with the information JJ has so far - do you think she would believe it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:37 am 
You are welcome to go for it, but we can't super actively defend you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:43 am 
*claps silently from the grave*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:07 am 
Niceeeee. You've got some supporters. If the argument is sound, we can form a proper voting block to get Brogan off to the chopping block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:35 pm 
Okay, SOMEONE needs to kill alexwest today. That someone first needs to see JB to get the medkit. I should also hand off my fake id in case I get lynched tonight.

JB, where are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:46 pm 
I am in building 26. Come to 26-1 underpass @ 7:00 sharp ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:35 pm 
Okay I'll be there.

Are we having me make today's kill? I know I'm already suspect, but if I'm inspected people would no longer feel the need to lynch Brogan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:24 pm 
@Kate (and for the knowledge of the others):

I don't know if you plan to participate in Gabe's scheme or not, but he basically called me over to his room to divulge the details of his setup. It goes something like this:

Gabe believes that between the two of you, there is one mafia and one innocent vanilla townsperson. You and Brogan will be asked to enter two separate rooms and send Alex a PM requesting an investigation of fluffy's kill of mika on day 3. According to Gabe, the person who's the mafia will most likely say, "Yes, I got a positive," while the person who's simply an innocent townsperson will insist that they are not the investigator.

So Gabe's two possible conclusions are:
1) You lied about being an investigator to save yourself on day 2 (when we were all suspecting you and trying to lynch you), so we'll let that slide, or
2) You're falsely accusing Brogan of being mafia, which is not forgivable and merely means you are mafia.

What he doesn't realize is that you are actually a legit investigator, and that you would actually really get a positive.

Of course, he could be meta-meta-ing and tricking me into telling you this because he secretly suspects me too, but I don't think it's that probable...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:29 pm 
Some more convos for reference:
Quote:
Vivian: If a non-investigator attempts to make an investigation, does Alex just simply say, "I'm sorry, you cannot make an investigation"?
Gabriel: That is correct. However, I'm banking on the mafia person not even attempting to type anything to Alex at all and trying to say "Yes."
If both of them say "I'm not the investigator" then we're back to square one and we lynch both. Does that make sense?

Kate, just make sure you insist that you are not investigator, and we should be safe. Regardless of which you choose, most likely you will be lynched in the end, so we just want to make sure we can keep you alive as long as possible. I suspect Brogan will also insist she is not investigator, and in that case it's just a matter of who will support her vs. you in the final vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:58 pm 
Okay, Alex doesn't trust me at all, it's going to be difficult for me to get an opportunity to search warrant/kill her. Nicole and Vivian, could either of you come to Random tonight? Or, if I can't kill Alex, who do you think I should kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:06 pm 
I won't be able to come; hopefully Nicole can, esp since Mats/Dgrazian are both dead and can't recognize her from Shaw's. If not, then we just need to make sure that we get her early tomorrow.

If asked by Gabe, you should definitely play his little game, though. Think like an innocent townsperson - to save your innocent life, you will do what is necessary, especially if it means uncovering the other as "mafia". Just make sure that after you perform the investigation that insist you are not investigator. In fact, you can even claim that Alex (Arkhipov) wouldn't let you investigate anyways because you don't have that ability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:17 pm 
If table-mafia is happening tonight, I suppose I can make an appearance - otherwise it's going to look weird if I'm there for no reason.

I'm kind of reluctant to execute a kill in Random, as I still haven't met everyone playing this game in person, and I'm afraid that I might accidentally kill the wrong person (I've never met alexwest IRL, afaik) or accidentally kill her in front of someone I didn't even know was playing...

This is the part where I admit that I got *extremely* lucky with DGrazian's kill - the reason I was bold enough to kill him about 6 feet away from Mats was not because I have super-ninja skills... I simply had no idea who Mats was - no clue he was a Randomite, no clue he was in this game - I thought DGrazian and I were alone when I killed him... I was absolutely shocked when I came home and read Mats' post, and then a Facebooked him and was like, holy-crap that guy was *right* *there* paying for his groceries and I had no idea he was one of us. I still have no clue how he didn't see me (although I suppose he probably had no idea who I was either) - it was pure luck that I had already paid for my groceries and left Shaw's via the back door.

So uh, I'm not sure if I'm really the one you want to execute this kill - having never met alexwest, I have no idea how I'd possibly get her alone in order to search warrant / kill her.

Maybe we should wait to see if table-mafia is happening and see who shows up... it might be good to get JJ out of the way before she stirs up any more trouble.

Or, another thought...
Is it possible that we can persuade alexwest to transfer the medkit to a trusted third party, like JJ, and then murder or hitman her? (Not that it's really in our best interests to have JJ get the medkit, but it might be easier to search-warrant/kill her than alexwest)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:30 pm 
Okay I'm waiting for a rules clarification from Alex, but I might be able to kill her myself. If you come over, I could probably point her out, and there are so many strange faces in Random for mystery hunt that no one would notice you.

We can decide what we're doing after we find out about table mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:04 pm 
Nevermind, just killed her.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]