Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: day 9 Scheming
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:44 pm 
Should we hitman JJ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:52 pm 
You just read my mind. Srsly, I was about to post that. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm 
Keep in mind that if you want to hire a hitman, you need to do it in advance of the day that the hitman is hired for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:32 pm 
Ok, guys - do we want to do this?

Also, if someone dies in the next half hour, does that mean we have until 1am to hire our hitman?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:40 pm 
Nicole wrote:
Also, if someone dies in the next half hour, does that mean we have until 1am to hire our hitman?

^ Yes, I believe.
@Alex: if the hitman tries and fails to kill the target (Medkit/Ironheart/whatever other reason), that uses up the hitman regardless, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:41 pm 
Yes, a day extension would give you one more hour to hire a hitman. And yes, if the hitman kill fails, it still uses up the hitman and the kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:12 am 
Okay well, we're already into day 9, so if we want to hitman JJ, we would need to tell Alex today and schedule for day 10. If there are no objections, I am going to attempt a kill on Jason Chiu today, even though it's suspicious since I brought him into the game, so that we're not wasting a day? Even if I die, we have a 1:1 exchange of townspeople/mafia. Let me know if you guys have better suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:13 am 
Also, JY did indeed come by around 12:07am (she was probably hiding out until then). I asked her if JJ was the real investigator or if she was just covering for JY. After a few seconds of hesitation, JY replied slowly, "No... she's... actually... the... investigator." Exactly like that, with pauses between each word. Take that as you will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 am 
Also, in an attempt to get JY to divulge information, I said something to the effect of, "I think JB knows where the Medkit is, and trusts me enough to pass me the Medkit so I can get it safely to JJ, if you want."

We can do a huge variety of things with this statement, since it effectively takes things one level higher. If all else fails, I can just report back to JJ that you have no idea where the Medkit is anymore after passing it to the mad scientist.

Alternatively, I could report back to JJ that the Medkit is gone - we can make it sound like the Medkit was given to Jason Chiu (make up some story about him being some important role?), who used it on Day 8 to prevent his death, and then died on Day 9 (or so I hope to do). You would then have to destroy the Medkit so it is actually inactive and out of the game. This requires impeccable timing and a considerate amount of risk, but if we pull it off, JJ will believe that the Medkit is no more and may be more conservative with sharing public information. The alternative is that she will be more wary of people trying to kill her, but I think if we hitman her it should be fine.

EDIT: I'm not thinking clearly. Scratch all of the above, since if someone actually used a Medkit they would be screaming on the forums about who tried to kill them. On that note, who ACTUALLY has the Medkit right now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 am 
It might be best if we don't go asking too many questions - don't want to stand out any more than we have to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:38 am 
Who has ID #2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 am 
If there are ever any kills on the Next House troupe (JY/JJ/Joy/Di/Gabe), I do not want to make any of them until we are nearing the final days.

Also, JY suspects Gabe, so I plan to hype up that suspicion when I speak with her in person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:31 am 
well... I have the medkit. I could say that Kate tried to kill me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:38 am 
No, too much time passed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:13 am 
Let's make sure Alex gets our request TODAY to prescribe a hitman for JJ so she's dead ASAP tomorrow. I suggest JB or Nicole suggest a killer since most of the people I know are also mutual friends of JJ, and she could easily figure out who did the hiring.

Planning to kill Jason Chiu in an hour if there are no further protests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 am 
I suggest either David Koh or Amanda Fried as hitman. They live on JJ's floor in Next. She'll never see it coming and I doubt they could be traced back to me, since nobody alive in this game actually knew me before or knows who I'm friends with (unfortunately, this also means I don't know ppl well enough to pick a hitman that would be easily tied to someone else - Vivian, help?)

Alternatively, I could just take JJ out myself - apparently we both work at the Media Lab. Though I don't know which lab she works in, and it would be super-suspect to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:54 am 
Nicole, Jason hinted that he told you we would be breakfasting together. Is this true or just a scare tactic? (Either way, obviously don't say anything at all).

I killed him and then took a taxi to the Pru, where I snapped a photo at 10:04, just 8 minutes after the kill. I don't think ppl will suspect the taxi-ing, and I invented a fake friend (asked a random stranger to take a photo with me) to vouch for me. Hopefully it's convincing enough when the time comes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 pm 
Just a scare tactic. Haven't seen or heard from Jason at all throughout this entire game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:38 pm 
I am kind of concerned that ppl will suspect me of this kill, even though I'm innocent - if JJ has already used up her inspection for the day or decides to inspect someone else, I have no alibi (I was asleep in my room, but how can I prove that?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:51 pm 
If I happen to get lynched, can someone point out that JRC has backed up pretty much every crazy theory I've brought up throughout this entire game? If I didn't know better, I'd think he was mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:37 pm 
Right now I think JJ is actually still suspecting me (for the record, I am using the free wifi at Prudential and plan to be here until later in the afternoon to use as my excuse for "Why didn't you say something sooner?" once I come back and post). I have no idea whether she will be smart enough to suspect me despite JRCs cyberstalking of me (thank god I remembered to stop my music before I left), or if she'll go for the obvious and inspect Nicole/Randomite, getting a negative. In the case that she says yes, I did it, I am going to whip out all photographic evidence and my "friend" to vouch for me, and if I die, at least we took a townsperson down with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:45 pm 
I think the appropriate thing to do is as follows:
- heavily hint that JJ should investigate Nicole
- if N is lynched anyways on account of a potential hitman, we will bring up JRC
- if she investigates me instead and gets a positive, I will pull out my evidence (how does one get from SP to Pru in 10 minutes, etc.) and say that she has to be making a false claim, or that she's protecting the real investigator who is the REAL mafia, etc.

Tomorrow, we need to hit man JJ. If I am still alive after that, we should attempt to kill JRC or Mark or Ami. I am willing to make that kill even if it means i might die. But after JJ is gone, investigator is either gone or the real one has the come out, so we will know what to do then.

Man, I am so incoherent when typing on my iPad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:54 pm 
Why is it so quiet? This makes me feel really uneasy.

I think JJ used her investigation on me and is planning on telling people close to midnight so they have nothing to go on but her word. In that event, someone please point out that I have pretty damn solid evidence that I was not on campus at the time of the kill, so JJ might not be all that trustworthy....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:23 pm 
Also, vote with 2 fake IDs tonight instead of just one.
What did you decide to do about that Medkit, JB?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:29 pm 
Why did you bring up the "maybe Nicole used a hitman" thing? That's actually plausible even though it isn't true. You're going to get me killed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:41 pm 
I was REALLY not thinking when I posted that (I wasn't lying about being so tired I was ready to collapse), but as soon as I hit submit and then reread what I wrote I was like, FUCK. It's okay, don't stress. If need be, we can probably get enough people to voting-block you to safety. We could always make up something stupid like JB saying, "someone just tried to kill me, but it wasn't anyone in the game. They said they were a hitman." If pulled off successfully, we can make people think that the mafia fucked up and accidentally double-killed? And if the hitman thing seems plausible enough, and JJ's investigation of you turns out negative, we might have a chance.
I'm sorry, my mind is so fucked up right now from general lack of sleep. I'm going to go snooze for a few hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:50 pm 
I don't think we should try any more crazy stunts today. Whatever we do, we cannot go up against each other and end up in a situation like Kate and Brogan - they'll kill us both off (which is unfortunate, because I think the most logical thing for me to do right now is to be like "Vivian, why are you accusing me? Are you mafia?" - but the vote can't come down to be between the two of us, that would be bad).

Also, did we already use manip the presses? I forget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:51 pm 
Perhaps something like:

Quote:
Ummmm... guys. I was walking back from LaVerde's (no more food in my room!) and had my headphones in. Somewhere between BC and Macgregor, someone (brunette male a little taller than me, skinny, I didn't really see his face since it was partially hidden by his zipped-up jacket) came and tapped me from behind and said "bang"... I don't know if he was trailing me or not, but I asked what he meant, and he said something to the effect of, "You're dead, I just banged you." (harhar)

But obviously there's already been a kill today, so I asked if he was hired to be a hitman, and he said yes. I then told him that the kill was not legit, but I don't think he believed me. I'm going to make sure Alex knows that the kill isn't valid. If the person was indeed telling the truth, then the mafia just fucked up royally and attempted a double-kill....... and used up their hitman.

Who has not been online today and wouldn't know that Jason Chiu has been killed?

Obviously with changed wording to make it more believable, and I need to actually walk outside and make sure that JJ/JY/other people aren't somehow also walking back from the student center right now. I could post this later if you want, but I'm not sure how plausible it sounds. Thoughts? Perhaps JB should post it instead? (It also shifts blame onto people who would want to target JB, read: JRC/JJ). Although that wouldn't really match up with the "who hasn't been online" thing.

Last edited by VivianLee on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:52 pm 
Yes, we Maniped Kai's death, everyone knew that because they never saw her leave BMF, and people were going in and out of the kitchen the entire time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:56 pm 
Hmm... I don't think it's too plausible, but ppl in this game seem to be gullible. I'd wait a few hours and see how the voting goes.

I have a thing from 7-9 - don't post anything game-changing until I get back, k?

Also, worst case scenario, are you willing to martyr yourself (say something obviously suspicious, possibly like that post) to make it look like you set me up?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next