Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Day 10 scheming
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:51 pm 
Because it's almost midnight anyways, right?

VOTE FOR GABRIEL WITH EVERYONE YOU HAVE. JB, you're about to be impeached (I saw the petition) so use those last x3 votes wisely. Please also use the Fake IDs to vote against me (2 for Gabe sounds about right, it'll also make people think that the Next House crew has at least one of them since JJ brought up the Gabe possibility).

So even if I do survive until the next day, JJ's going to investigate me for the murder (and obviously get a positive), so I'll be out the door tomorrow at the latest. I will kamikaze a kill on someone ASAP (JJ? JY?) and then you guys will have to take it from there. It's been great :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:54 pm 
Kill JJ before she makes her next investigation and before she has a chance to turn in the petition (her signature, along w/ whoever gets voted off tonight, will no longer be valid).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:55 pm 
It's going to be hard to do that, since she's always on her guard, and ME killing her would mean that we definitely give away I was Mafia, whereas if someone ELSE kills her before she makes an investigation on me, I might get off safe.

We have 5 minutes to make a hitman decision (why wasn't it decided earlier, didn't we agree yesterday to hitman JJ tomorrow?!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 pm 
JB I hope you're seeing this....... your votes are crucial to me not getting lynched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:03 am 
I can take her out during the day at the Media Lab. We both work there, and if anyone brings that up I can complain I'm being set up again (and there will hopefully be no more investigator to verify). Does anyone know which lab she works in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:04 am 
She's going to investigate me right after midnight, so most likely, I'm going to die soon. She'll also have the petition to Alex before she goes in for work, most likely, since she wants to turn it in asap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:06 am 
Kill her now, then. We can try to pin it on other next house folks later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:08 am 
I'll see what I can do.
Er, also, in the case that I do die from lynching, we need verification from Alex (posting of votes) so I don't go around killing when I'm supposed to be dying? or I could just do it now and worry later, but if it turns out my kill was invalid, JJ can come back and say it was me (thus making it the same thing as holding off on killing her until votes come out)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:12 am 
OMG FUCK YES. SO CLOSE.
Going to assassinate her now. Or attempt to, at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:19 am 
I killed her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:20 am 
Yay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:31 am 
So what now? :D

We have the option of pinning blame on: Di, Joy, and JY. If I'm accused I'll attempt another elaborate scheme to try to get myself out of it (hard to prove I wasn't in my room, but eh..)

Di has been most suspicious, but she's also been inactive, so I don't know how we could spin this. She was away from her IM at 12:18am, though (when I made the kill).

Joy has been suspicious the entire time (including blindly trusting Hilary's screenshot and assumptions), so maybe her? She's also never been around much but she comes back late from lab, and they live in the same wing (5E).

JY is really convincing when she's upset, and has been buddy-ing with JJ since day 1 (although I'm not sure who knows that).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:58 am 
Make sure JB stays safe. Another petition is going to go around but I'm going to make sure I'm very unavailable, using the premise of I need to choreograph for ADT all the time - which I do - so I don't have to sign it. JRC is never going to get Nicole's support, and I think Mark trusts JB enough to not sign. JY, Di, Hilary, and Joy are the only ones left (and Ami, but is she even active anymore?) That makes 5, which is enough to impeach JB. Joy is in lab until late, though, so JRC might have a hard time finding her.

I'm actually irked at Hilary (but she had good reason to say what she said) and would like to kill her, but that's just Code Obvious. My next choice is to kill a loudspoken/dangerous player or to have JB step out of the shadows and launch an attack.

Note that we do not have an investigator so we should now be using a hitman for purposes of convenience instead of trying to confirm our innocence with negatives. No one can trust anyone now, so best to stay safe and not try super-radical things.

"Dangerous" players:
- JRC
- Hilary
- Joy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:05 am 
I could kill Ami and get my ID back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:07 am 
That... could be useful. And leave people guessing why another kill was made to a Randomite. And I know there was some suspicion about whether or not Brian made up the Kate murder story, so perhaps people will think about that?

Some of these players are really gullible...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:31 am 
[ignore this, I made a mistake]

Last edited by VivianLee on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:45 am 
Okay ignore everything I just said. New plan of action since JY just accused me properly (and my suspicions were confirmed).

I can swear up and down that I NEVER asked JY that question (no one can prove it) and she's trying to frame me. This is a classic example of mafia playing the "I know the investigator is dead so I can now properly come out", only this whole business of people "covering"/pretending to be other people's roles makes this game hard to compare with regular mafia.

If worse comes to worse, I can also say that I do not have the petition, which JY believes I took (and honest-to-god I don't have the petition...) We could just make it sound like JY killed her and then destroyed the petition, something to that effect. I don't know. Let me know what you guys think, I'm not in a good position to be very vocal right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:23 am 
I'm going to go ahead and just accuse JY of being bullshitty. JB, you should also speak up since the petition is going around for you.

I'm going to ask JY publicly who she decided to investigate yesterday for Jason's murder. If she gives me the answer that JJ gave me (Gabriel), then I'm going to ask her why she didn't speak up sooner and clear his innocent name before midnight (as mafia, she would have wanted him dead).

Srsly, "I told you so" about JY... =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:45 am 
Day 10 vote projection:
Vivian: Brian, Hilary, JRC, Joy, JY, Mark
Someone else: Vivian, Nicole, JB
Won't vote: Ami, Di

I know Hilary/Joy/JY will definitely vote me. We have to focus on getting the guys (Brian/JRC/Mark) to vote for someone else. JY is the obvious candidate, but someone else entirely will work too, like Di. In fact, JJ did say very vehemently that she didn't believe Di was mafia (Day 9), which may have made her trust Di enough to open the door and allow herself to be killed. And of course, use the fake IDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:25 am 
Whether or not I survive until tomorrow, I want Joy dead by hitman. JY's investigation will come up negative (potentially people will begin questioning her validity), and the day after I want JY dead. This proves she's not the mafia, but that'll be enough to pin the blame on the only Nextie remaining - Di, and then we push for her lynching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:51 am 
I vote we keep JRC around for a while - I know you say he's "dangerous", but he's been agreeing with basically everything I say the entire game - that could be quite useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 am 
[ignore]

Last edited by VivianLee on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 am 
Nicole, I need you to convince JRC to lynch JY first, and then me, in that order.

JB, your votes are super important tonight since they may very well be your last. I need you to vote JY x3 (since JRC is convinced that we should lynch both of us) to offset JY and Joy voting for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:33 pm 
Quote:
Actually, I take that back. Scenario #4: JY really is the investigator, Di is mafia but allying herself with the real investigator because she's super-sneaky and we would never suspect it?

Nonono, go back to scenario #3, I want to be alive for tomorrow. Have them lynch JY and then I will lay low for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:47 pm 
I'm not sure if I can be that persuasive. I'll try, but I can't look like I'm on your side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:49 pm 
Okay, just play off my "we're trying to prevent worst case scenario". I think you've established yourself as a cautious player so it should be buyable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 pm 
If you can get JRC to vote with us, and JB can squeeze in his x3 vote before midnight, we will have a majority with fake IDs.

So our goal is:
lynch JY: Nicole, me, JB x3, fake IDs x2, JRC
lynch Vivian: Hilary, Joy, JY, Di
Tossup: Mark, Brian, Ami

I know, the fake IDs look suspicious. But what else can we do? Try to get Mark/Brian/Ami on our side, I guess. JB, can you talk to Ami?

Heading out to class now. I trust y'all will take it from here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:29 pm 
Guys. I am going to prescribe a hit man for JY. Please call me before 10pm at 5124361693 if you have objections.

I am as good as dead. There are six signatures on the petition. If me and JY are killed, those two will be invalid at the time it will be turned in (I plan to turn it in after the kill occurs). That leaves four, which is not enough to impeach JB. I'll let you guys figure it out from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 pm 
obiviously, you should personally kill JY.

Don't waste our hitman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:40 pm 
Hmmm... if we kill JY, that makes Di look innocent - the next logical person to kill is JB. I agree that we need to take JY out of the game, but maybe we should try to get people to lynch her tomorrow?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next