Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Talking with lilychen
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:46 pm 
I've been talking with Lily Chen about the game. Here's what I've learned.

1. She claims to be neither mafia nor town-aligned.
2. She claims that she is essentially certain that at least 25% of the game is neither mafia not town aligned.
3. She says that there are three people she wants to kill. Notably* she says she knows who her targets are. She is on a team of players (she won't say how many and wouldn't confirm that it is three) and knows that their team includes a traitor. She knows that the other team has a symmetric setup.
4. I've told her that I am a town-aligned roll with a vigilante-ish power that regenerates if I kill somebody who is not town aligned. She is excited about this. I've told her that I am neutral in her conflict but would potentially consider helping her if she's able to catch a mafia for me. I've been very noncommittal about the details of how my ability works.
5. She's been texting and typing furiously to her partners. For the past 15 minutes or more.
6. The main takeaway is: I believe there are a number of neutral parties in the game. It is in our interest to have them on our side and/or to have them do useful things for us. Not quite sure yet exactly what lily and her group can do.
7. I've been very clear that she will have to be completely forthright with me if I will even consider helping her kill any targets.
* I am confisent that she is not part of the east side mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:43 pm 
Nice! Sounds like a lot of good info.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:52 pm 
There's a possibility that lilychen will conscript me into her team. If she does then I will no longer have any interest in helping you guys. However, I don't think I will have any interest in hurting you either. I'm not 100% sure of that though. Knowing the mafia can be a powerful bargaining chip.

Just an FYI.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:25 am 
Lily is a Chinese Spy. The Chinese spies want to kill the Russian spies and vice versa.

They do not interact with us. And their win is not a game-end condition. But if they have fulfilled their goal, they WILL want to end the game by other means.

Do either of you have any cares about that plot?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:48 am 
None for me. I still maintain west side mafia and vampire role, but notably do not have vampire win conditions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:58 am 
Something very important to note:

Lily says that Ksedlar (apparently a member of her team) had a failed kill attempt against her on Day 1. Lily says Ksedlar says that the would-be killer claimed to be mafia of some sort. Ksedlar is presumably a Chinese spy (like lily) so would have had nothing against a mafia member.

But I'm trying to see whether Lily can get more information out of her. In the meantime don't talk to Ksedlar about this. But if I were to die, this would be an important point to follow up on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:12 am 
ksedlar claims to be in a group of russian spies (probably lying and is actually a chinese spy?) and that she knows i killed sammy. She says there are certain people she doesn't want to see dead, and that if she dies by mafia or rogue hands "the three of us" will be revealed. I don't know that she actually knows all three of us. She also claims two rogues tried to kill her on day 1. I'm going to ask clarification on who's ok to kill. It would be really awkward if she actually is a russian spy and doesn't want jessk killed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:51 am 
The third one of us is actually not that hard to figure out if they talked to any NPs who were in the area. That being said, I'm still skeptical of her claim.

Gut also tells me that there are no rogues in this game, so I think she's bluffing on that front too (unless the East Side Mafia likes throwing people at her)

Don't discount the possibility that ksedlar is a double agent and that's why she's claiming Russian.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:21 pm 
Ksedlar is a Chinese spy. Lily says so. Don't kill her, until or unless we are going to wipe out Lilychen's team.

Lisa, can you talk to Ksedlar and try to get more information? About who tried to kill her? Offer your services to her (unless it's possible that she doesn't really know you did it but that seems highly unlikely...) Can you do this. We really want to know who tried to kill her.

Relatedly (and you DO NOT KNOW THIS) lilychen says that Ksedlar told her that Ishara made a failed kill against her on Day 1. Lily says Ksedlar says that Ishara claimed to be a rogue in contact with the mafia. There's three people who could have sabotaged that information so take it with a grain of salt. Still...there's a decent chance that Ishara is one of our enemies.

Let us know how things go with Ksedlar. Do not kill her (or rather be aware that killing her would put us on total war with Lilychen's team, which is not what we want right now, especially since they're our most likely source of information about our enemies.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:23 pm 
To clarify, Lisa, offer to kill targets for her (see who she wants dead) and find out who tried to kill her.