Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lzahray
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:53 pm 
Hi Lisa! So you're Austin's body-double tomorrow? Here's what I'd recommend:

1. Don't post at all on the forums, at least for now. You don't want to seem interested in the game. Talking to people in person about the game is fine, especially if the topic comes up naturally.

2. Definitely DO communicate in the mafia den though!

3. How is your killing availability tomorrow? I think it would be great if you could make a kill. It probably won't be expected from a body double.

4. What are your thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Lzahray
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:33 pm 
Hi fellow mafia! Muahahaha! I can kill tomorrow. Indeed. I am free after noon. I did already post an intro in Town Square. But yeah. Won't post anything from now on. So who should I kill? I'm quite free.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:38 am 
Ok, I give up. Isaacg and I pre-game decided to restrict all our posts in a certain way to semi-troll town, but it's not worth doing on mafia forum. So if Isaac's posts look weird, that's why.

In other news, Austin has a (slightly) special role/power! Sorry about not posting about it before, body doubling coordination was happening. But basically when making a kill, I get one do-over. So if I try to use a bang and for whatever reason it fails, I can try again (I'd use a kaboom). So I'm fine making most of the kills.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:40 am 
Correction from god/myself. The power allows a free kill every day, and it doesn't take away from the mafia powers. This means that if the first kill succeeds, we still have the ability to make a second kill that day.

The confusion was that if the first one failed (medkit/ironheart/whatever), we could then resort to the mafia kaboom, basically allowing us a safety feature for the kill for the day without wasting kabooms unnecessarily. This could also come in handy for a double takedown.

This is going to be a lot of fun :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:56 pm 
I'm still slightly confused. Can you clarify exactly what your ability does?

Also, who is in a position to make a good kill today?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:27 pm 
Sorry, I misunderstood. The role lets me/Austin make an extra kill a day that doesn't count as a mafia kill. Basically, mafia gets an extra kill as long as I do it. I was planning on trying for tsims at 3, using my role's power. If it doesn't work then I can use a mafia kaboom to finish the job. If it does work, either me or one of you guys can another free kill.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:48 pm 
Go for it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:50 pm 
Just be really really careful not to be caught!

Also, will you have an alibi?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:12 pm 
Nooooo I failed, I saw some EC people sitting near his class and couldn't remember their names/if they were playing, so I went further away and must have missed him. I'm on the lookout for an opportunity kill.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:19 pm 
That is not a failure. That is prudent :-)

Do you think anyone noticed you or found you suspicious?

It is not a terribly big deal if you don't make a kill. But great if you do!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:25 pm 
Lisa, does it look like you're going to have an opportunity to make kills today?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:34 pm 
Yes, my night is going to be me on the hunt for people. I have a list of people and times! Though feel free to also make a kill if you really want to/there's a good opportunity, since I get a free one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:51 pm 
Excellent! Just be careful. Sooner is better probably so that people will be less-alibied.

I'd prefer to let you make your kill first since we want you to be able to use 'kaboom' if 'bang' fails. Just be absolutely sure to clarify with aok beforehand that your ability works as you think it does (that is, that you can use 'kaboom' immediately after a failed 'bang'.

You're our most valuable asset!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:52 pm 
Have any of the kills so far been you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:52 pm 
Have any of the kills so far been you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:59 pm 
As a note, all of you will be publicly informed about any successful kills made using the mafia's daily kill.
You will also be informed if the mafia fail to kill anyone with the daily kill or set a trap (or hitman), because in that case they cannot be targeted for the remainder of the day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:18 pm 
Lisa, please confirm with aok whether your special kill ability renders surviving victims invulnerable to normal kills for the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:40 pm 
I will be with Lily Chen for the remainder of the day. Celebrating our 2.5 year anniversary!

I believe that I CAN in fact make kills if we want me to do so. I don't think that Lily will rat me out (I'm thoroughly convinced she's a third-party role), and she could provide a useful alibi.

However, my phone is nearly dead, so I probably won't be able to check messages anyway.

In the meantime, go for it with the kills!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:29 pm 
Confirmed with aok - if I try to kill someone, they can still be killed that day by normal kills.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:41 pm 
I will be unable to communicate (probably) for the next three hours. Lisa, Lilly, use your best judgement. I'll be with lilychen.

Lisa, it might well be worth killing her again I'd you easily can. It doesn't sound like you can though.

Can you still make two kills today as it stands? Either way, act accordingly. And have fun!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:59 pm 
Ok, I take it no kills happened? Lisa? Ltchin?

Lisa, are you body-doubling through the weekend?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:45 pm 
Yeah, sorry, I'm super hosed tonight. I can make a kill tomorrow though!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:46 pm 
And yes, I'm body doubling through Sunday.