Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:53 am 
Hello comrades.

It would be advantageous for us to discover the mafia without town discovering the mafia (because blackmail). As such, don't help the town catch a new mafia member. If you witness a kill, don't reveal it to town. If someone is acting sketchy, don't reveal it to town. If a mafia tries to kill you and fails, strike a deal with them: you won't say anything if they won't.

We can use this to get protection from the mafia, and possibly find hallows/rings.

Relatedly, if anyone has information that points to any hallows/rings, please share. I suspect that these may not have been distributed in the regular item distribution. We may need to get creative to find them.

Ideas on the hallows:
Resurrection stone: aka the sorcerer's stone, found in the mirror of ERISED. Once belonged to Nicholas Flammel. In order to get it from the mirror, it must be what we truly desire. Alternatively, create hallows by striking a bargain with Death.
Elder wand: belonged to Lord Voldemort, so possibly in the hands of the mafia?
Invisibility cloak: gifted to us by mysterious benefactor. Ayyy god, pls give me the cloak of invisibility?

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but who knows.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:56 am 
do you think we could start something like an "item thread" where people could anonymously post descriptions of items in the pretense that this public knowledge would be good for town?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:11 pm 
how do we rationalize that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:45 pm 
I think we could say that if town knows what items are out there and what they do, we can develop strategies in case mafia have any of those items.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:37 pm 
That's true. Like items that could let you change your goal/role information after death or something. An item that makes you uninvestigatable. It would be good for town to know if those exist.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:31 pm 
the point is we want to know what the rings and hallows do, and then create pretenses (or real rationale) for why we want these objects. perhaps we should be vague as to which objects we want people to reveal, and just ask people to exercise good judgment as to what objects they want to reveal. i guess we can offer an example to make it less suspicious?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:14 pm 
If anyone has some free time (lol) let's try to figure out what's going on with the crypto things, mmk?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:14 pm 
I'm confused about how the crypto things work

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:37 pm 
We should really post asking people for objects before game start. That way we'll have some time to plan how to get the objects we want.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:45 pm 
The illuminati is a do-ocracy, go ahead and post :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:00 pm 
i think the crypto keys are public keys, meaning that they have a corresponding private key, and you can post something encrypted with their public key and only they can read it

im not sure i didn't look at them carefully

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:26 pm 
Done the item thing. I thought you guys might want to discuss it more before, so I didn't do it immediately.