Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:37 pm 
we have an interesting conundrum whereby we (potentially) cannot trust each other and yet we must work together to work out our common goal

aok was vague to say whether there might be mafiya in our midst which makes me a little frightened.

there are things we need to communicate which might be dangerous if there are mafiya among us, i.e. if we have investigations, or we are innocent children, etc.

how might we resolve this issue? it might be a little bit tedious to make anonymous accounts and use these to individually message all the other members.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:53 pm 
Yeah, this is a tough one. Added complication that mafia members may or may not be out to get us. We wish the mafia no ill will (beyond give us the hallows/rings and don't fucking kill us), and it seems not unreasonable that they might feel the same. Or they might not know we exist.

My inclination is to trust you guys, simply because the world where I can trust you is a lot more fun than the world where I can't. More strategizing, all that good stuff. Besides, it would be kind of stupid to have a secret council of four people where >=1 of them actually wants to sabotage our goals.

Untrustworthy and I treat you as untrustworthy: Made the right call, but the game gets boring because I can't trust anyone and am not town aligned and thus not invested in their goals
Untrustworthy but I treat you as trustworthy: big mistake on my part, I die soon and lose the game.
Trustworthy but I treat you as untrustworthy: probably makes us lose the game and miss out on lots of good fun strategizing and collusion
Trustworthy and I treat you as trustworthy: best possible world.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:33 am 
suppose person X is dangerous to mafiya (say, is an investigator or innocent child) and person Y is mafiya, and both of which are among us.

provided that person Y has the same victory conditions as us, does person Y have any motivation to kill X? this would come to which victory conditions person Y sees as more attainable.

this is even further complicated by the fact that there exist a nonzero number of other unidentified factions with unidentified motives, any number of which could be among us, i think. i really hope aok wasn't this evil.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:11 am 
If anyone thinks there is a good reason I should not reveal my info here, let me know. Otherwise, I'll reveal tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:05 pm 
Hey guys! Sorry, I basically forgot mafia existed in the last 24 hours. I think generally we should trust each other but be a little careful. Maybe role revealing would be good but not go into too many details? Like pseudo-revealing what kinds of powers you have without going into how you use them or whatever (I feel like there's no normal "set a trap" in this game but I could imagine bad guys having some kind of power hat could interfere with how I use my powers) I'm going to just risk it and pseudo-reveal now: My role has to do with getting info about dead players. I don't want (yet) to give too many details just in case, but I will try to get info that helps us and I'll let you know when I find things out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:21 pm 
I'm an investigator, let's catch mafia and then blackmail the shit out of them.

Should I investigate Lucy for today's kill?

Also, I feel no need to let town know results of my investigations ever.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:14 pm 
Investigate it

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:15 pm 
My role basically lets me know that one other player is good, and gives me killing power if a certain thing happens. I would only be able to make one kill.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:17 pm 
i believe i may have a similar role to oreo. i can discover things about dead players.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:18 pm 
Can you find out anything about the people who died today? Would it even be helpful?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:50 pm 
Ahh who should I investigate? Thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:55 pm 
I'd go for Lucy, so that we know if she's trying to get killed or if she's actually sketchy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:03 pm 
But she has alibis for all the kills. She was joking when she claimed responsibility for the first one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:04 pm 
Idk then. Joking about it could be a clever way of making herself seem 'innocent'