Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Today I learned
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:04 am 
Tl;dr: We can trust each other. I'm mafia. Jessk has a Hallow.

Sorry for not posting this earlier! I was trying to be careful and gather info. I was conscripted, but since I'm illuminati, I MAINTAINED MY ILLUMINATI GOAL AND DID NOT GAIN THE MAFIA GOAL. So we should be able to trust each other! Btw, I now have mafia powers (e.g. killing) and my mafia team has no reason to think that I do not have their goal. Lots of info follows:

There are 2 mafia factions: East Side and West Side. They only care about killing each other, not about killing anyone else. (They don't know who each other are. They conscripted me, hoping I was west side mafia since I live on west campus)

There are also 2 factions called the Russians and the Chinese. Not sure what their goals are. I think each of those groups has a double agent.

JESSK HAS THE RESURRECTION STONE!!!!!!!!!

Mafia powers are pretty standard, but they operate on a money system. So like, a kaboom costs $1, conscription costs $4, stuff like that. A daily kill is free. Money acts like any other item, so if you somehow end up with money in your possession, let me know. We can decide how best to use it. (Manipulating mafia, giving it to me, keeping it, whatever)

The mafia want to kill both mads and regirock because you guys are on the west side of campus. ))))): I'm going to do my best to push them towards other people. I'm also not even 100% convinced that that's how "east side mafia" and "west side mafia" works.

There are 4 east side mafia members including me.

I'll post anything else as it comes up.

Post subject: Re: Today I learned
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:13 am 
Ok, word, that makes sense with the illuminati info thread. This info is great, thanks oreo. How do we know jessk has the stone? Is she a mafia member? If so, next time she makes a kill we can blackmail her into giving us the stone. Otherwise we may need to get creative. How did she obtain it?

Inspector Gadget and phoenix are both dummy investigators of mine, so we can use these to our advantage if we ever need to. Two "investigators" agreeing that a third is lying means we could pretty easily shut down an investigation result that we don't like, or at least force the real investigator to publicly reveal. This could also be a bargaining chip with mafia in the future, assuming they haven't thought of doing this themselves.

No elections have happened yet. I could possibly point this out and offer to run? For mayor or police. I'd probably play the reluctant card, "I don't really want to deal with petitions because I don't live with other players, but could do it if nobody else is going to." It's slightly amazing that ksedlar isn't running for anything. Wonder what's up with that.

As for the east side west side thing ... idk, any chance of convincing them pika is east side? It's culturally east, for sure. Worst case scenario, warn me when they're planning kills. We should try to get the medkit or something. And I could blackmail them into not killing me, but that puts oreo in a potentially awkward position and might not be worth it overall.

Why is everyone on floorpi dying?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:41 am 
JessK is either Russian or Chinese (don't remember) and I think she is a double agent or something because she knows who is on both teams (supposedly, we're not 100% sure we can trust her but this is what she has told Miles) Miles also got the resurrection stone information out of her.

For petitions, seems like a good idea. It is super weird that nobody is running. Also, if at any point we have our victory conditions satisfied, I think I can try to kill the remaining east side mafia because I'm pretty sure that would end the game (in west side mafia's goals) at the end of that day. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. (I was just thinking about this because I worried that if we got elected mayor and PO or if we had all the items, we might die and lose them)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:49 am 
Okay also now apparently they really want to kill jessk now (idk, I think maybe people didn't believe all that info she told Miles. However we have heard from multiple sources that Russians and Chinese are a thing so she didn't just totally make it up hahaha) Sooo hopefully she's the one who actually has the resurrection stone and we get it when she dies! I think at some point if we have a lot of items I might be able to convince them to give them to me since I could say I'm probably the least suspicious and likely to die.

Also, I realized I haven't told you who the mafia are. I don't see any reason to keep this information from you guys, so the east side mafia is Miles, Kmath, and Ricardor. I can also try to warn you guys ahead of time which one of them is targeting you so you can be aware of them. Also worst case scenario you can paranoia text someone else so they can reveal the mafia! (Obviously not me, because if I was really mafia I would just ignore the paranoia text)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:30 am 
oreo wrote:
Also worst case scenario you can paranoia text someone else so they can reveal the mafia!

Wait, I don't think paranoia texting a random person is necessarily all that good for us. Because unless that prevents mafia from killing the remaining illuminati or somehow gets us the hallows/rings/elected, it doesn't help our victory conditions. Like, if it's a non east side mafia killer it would help us catch another killer, which has value. But otherwise not so much.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:05 am 
Oh yeah, I meant if you knew it was east side mafia. Because if more east side mafia die, the more likely I am to be in possession of our items and the more power I have over them

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:10 am 
Good point. Also, we could also get some positive "investigations" on their kills, to have the same effect.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:43 am 
I like the idea of the positive 'investigations'. As for west side/east side, don't we not have that many west campus players? It could be the west side of east campus versus the east side, though I feel like I'm overthinking this

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:49 am 
Also I may as well reveal. I am a lover (akin to gay knight) so we have a contact we could potentially manipulate. They claim to have the town goal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:17 pm 
Cool. I have a very slight feeling that there might be no players with the town goal. That would make things interesting. That's good that we have someone who trusts you, though!

Also, yeah the idea they had was that everyone not in EC or Random counts as west side. I asked aok to clarify if it was supposed to be interpreted this way or not and he had no comment. I kind of expected that but I wanted to make sure that there wasn't something I missed that defined it to be that way. So other people who they think might be west side mafia include ET players, austinfathman, and dgrazian (likely not him since he primarily spends time at Random)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:01 am 
I'll be at Simmons around 8 if you're available then, mads, so I can sign your petition (I assume that I can even if I'm dying soon)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:02 am 
oreo, are you going to run as mayor?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:04 am 
We could say something about Lucy initially acting sketchy (like on day 1) so we don't trust her to be mayor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:08 am 
I can run as long as we can get game to end after we get elected. If we are going to try to do this, you should try to kill ricardor today if possible, and try to get kmath lynched. I can kill Miles soon I think. (After all east side mafia die, I think that game will end at the end of that day. So as long as mads and I can stay alive for like a full day or two after we are elected, we might be able to pull it off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:38 am 
Town probably won't try to lynch me. I think I was sufficiently apathetic to dispel any suspicion. But I am definitely worried about being killed. I'll be keeping my head down and taking unusual routes between classes. I think if I die it will be pretty much game over for illuminati, unless oreo can get rings or hallows, which seems hard. We should definitely try to force a game end after we get oreo to be mafia.

If I get enough signatures on my petition, phoenix and Inspector Gadget can report positive investigations for Lucy. If we do that close to day end, there might be too much confusion for another investigator to raise an opposition.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:42 am 
Oh, oreo I just saw your tsquare post. Yeah, if we can get you elected before Lucy that would be good. I'll go to simmons after 7:30, will one or both of you be around? Also, if either of you wants to come to Random/EC with me after, that would probably be good for me to not get murdered by going there alone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:44 am 
what the fuck how did conspiracy theorist know

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:45 am 
I swear to aok someone knows about the illuminati. Ugh this throws a wrench in things.

I don't even know how to defend myself without looking sketchy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:49 am 
That account was created literally the same minute I offered to carry your petition.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:54 am 
Okay, I've decided the best comeback is no comeback. If nobody else bothers to acknowledge ConspiracyTheorist, we'll be fine. Don't make yourself look sketchy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:30 pm 
Okay, I'm about to go look at the town square to see what's going on but as far as petitions go, I will be leaving Simmons at 7:20 to go to an ultimate frisbee workout at the Z, the. Probably the student center after that to work with people. I can meet you at the student center anytime after 8:30 if you'll still be over on that part of campus then.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm 
Also if you're on campus for classes I can meet you somewhere between 2 and 3 today

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm 
Okay, I'll post about lynching kmath, and I'll kill ricardor. Sound good?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:33 pm 
I think so

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:34 pm 
I can swing by the stud after 8:30. How many signatures do I need again?

Also, regirock, that sounds good, let's go.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:35 pm 
I'm on campus without classes until 3, if you want to come to 16-168. I can also meet you at Simmons at 7:30, or I can meet you at lobby 7 around that time and walk back to random

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm 
Why not try. I kind of want this game to be over ASAP so let's just go for it. Get petitions today and kill all east side mafia ASAP. If and only if we are 100% sure that we can get petitions done today, I can kill Miles today.

Clarification from God (I should probably know this rule but whatever): If we submit our petitions before 11 today, then when do we officially hold the positions? In the hypothetical scenario where we submit petitions today before 11, and game ends after the lynch tonight, then would we count as "holding the position" that our petition was for when game ends? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:38 pm 
It would be helpful to meet you at simmons (might be closer to 8) because I can't get in otherwise.

I'm going to see if ksedlar can walk with me in random, and could get tsims for east campus probably.

Petitions go into effect instantly, that's why days extend by an hour when someone is elected.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:39 pm 
Posted about kmath. Will kill ricardor today unless something big comes up. I also have a false ID so I can add that to the votes for kmath. Let me know when you need me to sign your petitions. oreo, I could sign yours between 2 and 3 today

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:39 pm 
Okay, I'll meet you at 7:30 at Simmons