All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Russian Spy Info
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:53 pm 
You are the Russian spies:
ajliu
jessk
ksedlar
Lucy

However, you know that one of you is actually a Chinese double agent.

Unless you know otherwise, you have the following goal:
GE: (None)
VC: Complete at least three of the four:
At least one Russian spy is alive, all Chinese spies are dead, the Chinese double agent is dead, the Russian double agent is alive.

Additionally, three of you have been given special useful items by your handlers.

Post subject: Re: Russian Spy Info
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:30 am 
So, we have an interesting goal. Presumably, the Chinese spies have the same goal, group size, and possibly power/item distribution (if anyone gets information any of this isn't the case, they should say so). This means that, assuming aok just made the Russian spies and the Chinese spies into equal and opposite groups, we have a significantly < 50% chance of winning, because there are many ways for both us and the Chinese to only accomplish two goals, and our initial chance of winning should be the same as the Chinese.

Additionally, it seems as though (as of now) we have virtually no useful information, and it seems that getting useful information is difficult. Even if we found out exactly who had access to the Chinese Spy Hideout and managed to get everyone there killed without any of us getting killed, we would have succeeded in a VC and failed in a VC, and we would be literally no closer to victory than the Chinese.

However, it does seem like figuring out the identity of the double agents (particularly the Chinese one) is enormously powerful. If we were to figure out the Chinese double agent and kill them, then we would have 3/4 VC right there (though game wouldn't immediately end of course). Finding our agent and protecting them also seems useful, but I suspect the benefit of us knowing them would be outweighed by the drawback of the Chinese agent knowing them.

One thing I do think would be helpful: an in-person meeting. It's much easier to read people in person. I can meet tomorrow between 4 and 8, or Friday, between 3 and 9. Tomorrow would probably be better if people can make it though.

As of now, I don't see any obvious strategy for us to take. Possible discussion topics:
1. Should we reveal any special powers / items we have to the group?
2. How should we act with respect to the town / mafia part of game? We should presumably act reasonably like our townie selves, but we also don't want the mafia to target us. I'm considering not running for an elected position this game...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:31 am 
If we want to meet this week, I'm only free tomorrow (Thursday) because I'll be out of town over the weekend, starting Friday afternoon. The intersection of the times both ksedlar and I are free on Thursday is 6:30-8pm.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:43 am 
I think an in-person meeting is really important. I have some ideas, but I want to see peoples' responses to them and not give the spy time to fake stuff in advance. If absolutely necessary, I could punt part of my 8-12 deskshift in order for us to have a meeting, but that might be sketchy.

Lucy and jessk, could you make a meeting tomorrow?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:09 am 
... I would prefer not to. I was planning on skipping some other things to stay at ET and tool. If jessk can make it, I'll go but I'd have to leave at 7 (since if I can go to this I should also do the other things I would normally be on campus for)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:04 am 
I'm free today minus a 5:00 urop meeting. I'm also out of town Friday

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:36 am 
I'm free between 5:30 and 7 today.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:50 am 
Okay, we have a 6:30 - 7:00 overlap (I also have to pause at 7:00 for a minute or two to signup for an Intercon LARP, whose signups are similar to the PE lottery). Do people want to aim to meet at 6:15? It should be fine for ajliu to be a bit late.

My proposed meeting spot: the Assassin's Guild office. It's keycode access only, and it's almost never visited except by GMs for LARP prep. I'd give us < .01% chance of running into another player there. There is a small chance we may be visited by the NPs who are GMing this weekend's Guild LARP, but that shouldn't be relevant. Also, unlike any of our rooms, there's a significantly reduced chance of running into other players outside of the room, and even if we do, it shouldn't be sketchy (at least if we come on our own).

The Assassin's Guild office is on the 4th floor of the student center, clearly labelled with a big sign. If you go up the elevator on the left (looking from the main student center entrance), you should see it directly to your left when you get to the 4th floor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:56 am 
works 4 me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:59 am 
Kk I'll be there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:14 pm 
Okay, I'm in the Guild Office now with jessk. Knock to get in, or text me if we don't hear you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:20 pm 
I'll be there soon. Just got off a phone interview.