All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chinese Spy Info
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:55 pm 
You are the Chinese Spies:
anpere
jingyizz
lilychen
sammyluo

However, you know that one of you is actually a Russian double agent.

Unless you know otherwise, you have the following goal:
GE: (None)
VC: Complete at least three of the four:
At least one Chinese spy is alive, all Russian spies are dead, the Russian double agent is dead, the Chinese double agent is alive.

Additionally, three of you have been given special useful items by your handlers.

Post subject: Re: Chinese Spy Info
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:40 pm 
Sweet!

My phone number is 347-738-7227. Texting is the best way to reach me, followed by gchat at lilychen3.14159@gmail.com.

What are your items? I wasn't given one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:44 pm 
Question: are we mafia or town? Or is that orthogonal to spy alignment?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:48 pm 
Unless you know otherwise, you are neither mafia nor town.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:09 pm 
Hey everybody, I think gchat is probably the best place for me to communicate mobile. We should make a private chat, and invite aok to it, if he's interested in seeing what we're scheming.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:37 pm 
Yeah gchat is better for me because I have T-Mobile which often doesn't have signal for texting (at least in EC). But texting is better than nothing. Gmail is antimonyarsenide@gmail.com, email me for phone number (to avoid me getting spambot calls in the future).

Hmm, which of us is not Chinese? :P

So it seems our goals are pretty independent of town/mafia goals. Presumably we can't kill people unless we're told we can? So we should basically try to 1) not get lynched, 2) not get killed by mafia, 3) sniff out Russians and somehow influence town to kill the Russians (unless one of us has a killing power).

1) means not acting too sketchy, probably not a big problem since we don't have goals that are too sketchy. 2) means not acting like super-helpful townies that are a threat to mafia, which for some of us might be hard to do without looking a bit sketchy :/

To do 3) effectively, we probably need to find our Chinese double agent at some point (perhaps by one of us publicly outing ourselves when we're in some kind of trouble), without letting the Russian double agent know who it is. It's unclear how to do this unless we take a 1/4-risk by PROVABLY RANDOMLY (yay) picking one of us to be the revealer.

Also, I have both a role and an item. What are your opinions on whether these should be shared freely among us, or whether we should keep them secret from the Russian double agent?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:44 pm 
I think it's probably ok to say whether you have a killing ability/item. I don't think that gives away anything too sensitive? Correct me if I'm wrong (pretty tired/sleep-deped right now and not thinking too hard).

Can someone take point on making a gchat group? idk how to do that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:52 pm 
We can probably also make use of "Provable randomness, cryptography, deadman switches, NP shenanigans, and anonymous communication" in order to get in contact with our double agent. Maybe some kind of dead drop sort of thing? I'll think about it some more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:04 am 
Number 3397075926, jingyizhao427@gmail.com, but I don't check gchat often.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:01 am 
Hm, looks like our Russian friends are using PGP to get in touch with their double agent. Maybe we should follow suit? Unless anyone thinks of any possible downsides.