Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: aok's thoughts on game
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:40 pm 
No one is in the graveyard yet, and no one will be for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:42 pm 
My biggest worry right now is that one of the mafia will get conscripted, and that mafia will get steamrolled, ending the game quickly.

I somewhat regret my decision to give the mafia the win conditions that I did.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:43 pm 
I expect the start of game will focus on the biting factions. The discovery of zombies will be interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:58 pm 
I kind of wish day 0 was a little shorter. Then again, giving people time to plan kills is good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:04 pm 
List of ways for game to end:
One survivor (very unlikely)
All of a mafia is dead at the end of the day, and at least one opposing mafia is alive (most likely)
Illuminati elected village idiot (unlikely to happen randomly)
Everyone in the town is part of the cult (possible collaborative end)
Everyone in the town is a zombie (should become a threat)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:07 pm 
Goals organized by chance of success:

West Side Mafia (41%)
East Side Mafia (40%)
Cult (35%)
Chinese spies (31%)
Russian spies (30%)
Werewolves (26%)
Vampires (25%)
Zombies (20%)
Illuminati (10%)
"Sole Suvivor" (Austin Fathman) (1%)

Rogues are special, since their easier victory condition is likely to be replaced by a more difficulty mafia victory condition.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:28 pm 
Holy crap, the Chinese spies have the list of Russian spies already. Wow. Let's see what they do with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:29 pm 
If the East Side Mafia conscripts oreo, they'll be very sad, because she is an Illuminati and can't have her goals changed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:04 pm 
Lucy proceeds to omit one of the items she has in the group reveal. If they figure out that they should have a brainwasher and two blackmails, she could be in trouble (it'd be down to her or jessk).

Amusingly, jessk happens to have a very powerful item that could be mistaken for one of their tools. Thematically it would be odd for it to come from the Russian government, though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:49 am 
Vampire-East Side Mafia-Cult alliance? It is compatible.

Whatever, everything will go crazy when zombies come around.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:18 am 
Floorpi potato spam OP.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:16 pm 
I was afraid that I hadn't given the Illuminati enough cookies, but now that oreo's conscripted, that will help them. The one power the Illuminati have is that they're always loyal to the Illuminati. It's amusing that they distrust each other more than almost any other group, despite being the only one that is definitely loyal and will stay that way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:49 pm 
Ah crap. The mafia's plan to kill tsims reminded me to check that he would know he was immune, and I realized I messed up and forgot to tell him exactly how OP his item is. (It's pretty OP).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:39 pm 
All the wrong people are dying :(. Why are werewolves and vampires dying? It makes me sad.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:16 pm 
Woohoo! First zombie is ajliu.

Russian spies lose a blackmail. They're not in great shape. They need ksedlar to carry them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:43 pm 
If everyone doesn't vote on day 1, everyone will be executed, all of the humans will come back as zombies, and the game will end with a zombie win.

Austin Fathman will lose since he would still have the ring overwrite his VC again. Also, the Illuminati would all lose.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:14 pm 
aok wrote:
Lucy proceeds to omit one of the items she has in the group reveal. If they figure out that they should have a brainwasher and two blackmails, she could be in trouble (it'd be down to her or jessk).

Amusingly, jessk happens to have a very powerful item that could be mistaken for one of their tools. Thematically it would be odd for it to come from the Russian government, though.

Ohhh. I thought the text meant that exactly 3 of us would have items, period. I guess the normal items were randomly distributed and the Russians just happened to get all the good ones :P

Hmm, so the Chinese technically had possession of three blackmails after brainwashing anpere. Nice. It's nice that we managed to brainwash anpere before he could discover/leak that there was a threat of brainwashing.

I hope the Chinese don't do something rash and tell dgrazian to kill Lucy... that would be sad. Jessk thinks ksedlar is the double though, so hopefully this causes the Russians to misjudge some things and make bad plays.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:43 pm 
lol, now 2 werewolves are converted to vampires.

I think they screwed up by not trying to make at least 1 or 2 additional werewolves.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:21 pm 
How it might work:
lzahray kills Miles. Finds a Fake ID (but no money)
jessk resurrects him.
lzahray kills jessk. Finds a magic stone. jessk comes back as a zombie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:45 am 
Woo! Illuminati oreo finds out about the magic stone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:46 am 
Amusingly, it looks like East Side Mafia-Russian Spies vs West Side Mafia-Chinese Spies.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:10 pm 
West Side Mafia conscripted kmath.

Soon, the East Side Mafia will be slaughtered.

I predict:
West Side Mafia win (East Side loses)
Chinese Spies win (They kill anpere by day end on the crucial day, Russian Spies lose)
Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies all lose (not enough time)
Cult loses (not enough time)
Illuminati loses (not enough time)
lzahray/AustinFathman loses (couldn't keep the game going long enough).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:45 am 
Ksedlar seems to be running this game. I feel like the Chinese will lose pretty quickly at this point. They just don't have their shit together and don't have any killing power.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:29 pm 
"I think our four OG vampires are Lucy, ksedlar, ltchin, and Sammy. "
0 for 4, but nice try.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:17 pm 
Wait, do zombies really not die to a bang, or is the mafia making shit up about having to kaboom them?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:21 pm 
No one has tried killing a zombie with bang.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:11 am 
We kinda got rekt by the deaths of mgavrin and asjm pretty quickly. I'm glad that my cloak was useful, but I'm upset that everyone still decided to execute me anyway :'(

My cloak was pretty sweet. Was it one of the hallows? Also, who got it after I was executed? Werewolves can maybe still win if fjmaluf7 and pravinas get killed....maybe....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:19 am 
kmath got the magic cloak.

dylan is the #1 target of the vampires, but only the illuminati are targetting either vampire (fmajluf7)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:20 am 
How did they figure out who he is? Also, is there a full list of roles?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:33 am 
pravinas wrote:
I convinced Dylan to spill me everything by claiming I'm a Russian spy.

He's a (former) werewolf. It turns out that none of the werewolves ever bit anybody because they didn't have to, and by biting him, he has no chance to win unless everybody dies. The werewolf role was significantly underpowered compared to the vampire role, and it would make them have to perform a kill sometimes, which their playstyle was probably a bit to conservative for.

Also, mgavrin and kmli were (probably) natural born vampires, and they're dead. I need to somehow get Dylan dead or find out the other living werewolf from him, and then we're almost all set!