Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:54 pm 
I've spent my first ~2 hours of death catching up on all the secretness I was not privy to. I must say this is a very interestingly set-up game.

Here's some stuff that may not be clear to you from the graveyard (I would post the rest of our gchat transcripts in the Chinese Spy Hideout, except that I'm dead :( ):

I was one of the Chinese spies. anpere was the Russian double, but Jingyi and I figured him out mostly from psychological things (read: got lucky with our gut instincts), and brainwashed him to the Chinese side. This gave us a lot of information about the Russians. The Russians knew little about us (besides jessk, whom anpere was contacting directly/in person), and it turns out that most of the cryptography shenanigans / anonymous account activity on the forum (e.g. the Russian recruitment post, the needahitman, the claim of killing isaacg, among other less public things) was by lilychen. I was very impressed.

We just used a blackmail on dgrazian and manually initiated blackmailing lzahray (Jingyi interrogated the one NP witness at my death). We were leaning towards ThePeoplesRepublic (ksedlar??) being the real Chinese double, but were not sure. We wanted to get rid of jessk soon before the other Russians found out our identities, and the others seem to be coordinating that right now.

Jingyi gave the potato to justinej (ajliu's body double, who didn't know what was going on) :P

Wow, does no one have the town goal??? :P I was thinking about anonymously getting a straw poll of third party alignment counts, but didn't think it would actually work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:11 pm 
The Chinese spies have been very impressive this game.
However, did none of you consider the possibility that person who did the brainwashing was the double agent, and that anpere lied after being brainwashed?

If lzahray kills ksedlar, and acquires the brainwashing tool, that would be ridiculous. She already has a blackmail.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:20 pm 
Jingyi did the brainwashing in public (we were all at a meeting) and stated the brainwashed goals audibly. Also, anpere had enough credible things to say about his correspondence with jessk immediately after being brainwashed that it was inconceivable he made it up on the spot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:23 pm 
Also,

1) has anyone been cultified?

2) I see no trace of any information about rings, hallows, etc. Will I figure these out by observing game progress further?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:26 pm 
1. Yes, kmath
2. People are being pretty cagey. Look for the OP items.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:28 pm 
Pretty sure the magic stone that gives info about dead people is one of the Hallows. Haven't seen any rings yet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:17 pm 
Yikes, ksedlar is also being pretty sneaky and in control of things, if her spreadsheet is any indication. She's got clever control of 2 rogues, and is ready to use her brainwashing. She suspects jessk though. Hopefully the brainwashing doesn't work out.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:47 pm 
Also, upon killing me, lzahray handed me this:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:08 pm 
Wait. It seems like the zombie conditions mean that the Chinese/Russian plans are going to be frustrated to a nontrivial degree once they start actually trying to get people killed. I'm kind of sad that I got bitten by Jakob now; otherwise I would still be "alive" and could do things in game, helping the Chinese for fun even without still being affiliated... Oh well.

Right now I think ksedlar and lucy are vampires, ajliu and jingyi are zombies. This is interesting.

Also, do lynched humans become zombies, or only in-person killed ones?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:30 pm 
Lynched humans become zombies.

Ajliu didn't tell me about that bite.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:13 pm 
Ooh. Miles is going to get resurrected, or they'll both be zombies. This is tricky.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:49 am 
Grrr that situation was just sad and unfortunate :(

tsims wrote:
Additionally, Francesca bit me again and so I don't think that she is an original vampire, else she would know I had already been bitten.

Funny how my bite timing is influencing them this way

Being werewolf-bitten would've been more useful than being vampire-bitten, for the purposes of spies trying to kill people.

Jessk really needs to die soon... otherwise Russians having an alliance with east side mafia could be disastrous for Chinese. Hopefully Miles decides the best way to get the stone is just to kill jessk for it :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 am 
I wonder who PMed kmath that I was a Chinese spy...

Also, zombies revealed :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:45 am 
Factions trying to kill jessk:
West side mafia (blackmailed dgrazian, threat-blackmailed lzahray)
East side mafia (kmath for some reason, perhaps because of Ksedlar???)
Chinese spies (has all their info)
Russian spies (?) (Ksedlar suspects her)
Vampires (Pravina allied with Lucy, fmajluf can kill)
Illuminati (she has the magic stone!)

Werewolves are the only ones left :P and zombies, of which she'll probably soon be a part

This is great.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:54 am 
Nice, I was right. It's unfortunate that we (the Chinese) trust ksedlar so much... we really need to get rid of her soon if we don't want her to just be there forever and ruin things for us

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:11 pm 
Oh no, kmath let slip to ESM that ijc has a cult D: this is potentially bad for them.

To clarify, if you are bitten by a zombie, do you gain the zombie goal? Or is it only if you die as a human that you gain the zombie goal?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:28 pm 
Hmm... Goals organized by chance of success (very much based on guts):

East Side Mafia (45%) (oreo might decide to kill them all, but other than that they're pretty safe if they stick with the ksedlar alliance)
Vampires (35%) (No one is particularly trying to foil them besides the werewolves, who are in bad shape. They could easily ride this whole thing out.)
Chinese spies (31%) (they're in danger of having their identities leaked, and killing ksedlar appear very difficult. If Lily gets brainwashed it's over.)
West Side Mafia (30%) (If lzahray/Austin gets brainwashed they'll have conflicting interests within the team. Also, a brainwashed lzahray could leak them all to ksedlar and thus kmath)
Russian spies (25%) (as good as ksedlar is being, the fact of a brainwashed anpere makes accomplishing their goals pretty hard, unless ksedlar just decides to kill all the other Russians to be safe. Ksedlar might get bitten by a zombie at some point.)
Cult (24%) (leaked to ESM)
Illuminati (20%) (Conscripted oreo OP. Not sure how they'll find other things, but they've got a better chance than before, certainly)
Zombies (19%) (Not really appearing yet, probably will take over Russians first, before actually being able to do/spread much)
Werewolves (15%) (if dylanhen gets bitten, it's over. Otherwise, they still don't have much time to recover).
"Sole Suvivor" (Austin Fathman) (???) (I don't know what this is about. If lzahray gets brainwashed it might not matter anyway, though it depends on which goal technically gets replaced?)

I really hope ksedlar's brainwashing plans don't work...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:31 pm 
Nooooo why do we have to trust ksedlar so much? This is pretty bad......

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:47 pm 
lzahray/Austin got brainwashed, but the item she had reasserted her 'sole survivor' goal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:50 pm 
Oh, nice. So the only obligation she has to both sides right now is the threat of blackmail. Which means she could expose ksedlar to dgrazian/lilychen... or the other way around. This is tricky. Presumably she already knows this. We'll see what she does.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:52 pm 
Or is the "sole survivor" goal in addition to other goals she may have?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:00 pm 
No. She only has the one goal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:06 pm 
GG werewolves. Also:

"Ok, just got some information. The game seems to be blowing up.
We've been played. Ksedlar is not on our side.
Ksedlar brainwashed lzahray. They've also blackmailed one of the east side mafia"

How did the Chinese learn this info? Lucy, I suppose? But I'm confused about lzahray's self-perceived alignment now. Too tricky.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:39 pm 
I got ksedlar to make me privy to the Russian discussion. Here is a snippet.

"Katie
If my theory is correct, then Jingyi is also a Chinese spy.
Is that correct?
Jess
Correct
Katie
Awesome.
Then aok is a racist."

So she now thinks ajliu is the traitor lololololol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:43 pm 
Anyway, hopefully lzahray decides she likes WSM more than Katie, and backstabs the Russians.

Ok, I should stop being so obsessed with this game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:48 pm 
Lily just died and came back as a zombie.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:24 pm 
Is the potato really harmless to the Chinese? Or did someone lie to them?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:12 am 
Who got the potato from ajliu getting lynched????

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:32 am 
lzahray.

Also, sadly, she's a vampire now. Previously, if she had died, she would have come back as a zombie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:59 am 
ahh I was not "ksedlarismafia", that post was so jingyizz-style.

I feel like ksedlar rushed too quickly to conclude that I was the Chinese double agent. I didn't really do anything sketchy besides just being Chinese >.<
...though she did come to the right conclusion, since I actually wasn't on her side anymore. I wonder if lzahray told her anything about her killing me(/justine) but me not dying.

on the bright side, in death, I'm finally rid of that potato. :D :D :D