Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:20 am 
I'm still trying to figure out how we could off some of the more dangerous people to have around without raising suspicions against us. Alex and Abby seem like the biggest threats at the moment, in my opinion. I don't yet really have a plan for how to get rid of either of them, so I was thinking we should just kill another random person today.

*Please tell the mafia den forum and preferably text me to discuss whether it's a good idea first before you kill anyone*

If all else fails, we can kill a Randomite in the evening. It's not all that difficult to pull off, but it's even better to have a completely nondescript location on main campus, so let me know if you see something that might be an opportunity.

Also, try not to be seen by other players near the crime scene after a kill. If you can, duck up or down a flight of stairs and go on your way to wherever you were heading.

I won't be in contact from 9:30-11 am, but I should have my phone on and on me for the remainder of the day, and will be on my computer fairly constantly (psetting, but probably checking the forum every now and then) from 12-2pm.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:17 am 
I think it would be kind of awesome if we did a sort of "vengeance" kill. Since Gurtej was the one who saw fluffy and got him lynched, maybe we can kill him and get the townspeople thinking they lynched the right guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 am 
If we could find a way to do it discreetly, that could be amusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:52 am 
That would be incredible if you could pull it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:57 am 
Also: based on conversations I've had with Jwu (who lives on my hall), I've managed to successfully convince her that I am a mere townsperson, and have further deduced that she has a role of some sort. I'll work on figuring out her identity, but I can also kill her last-minute if need be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 am 
Are people coming over to play table mafia tonight? I don't know if anyone actually paid attention to that?

Also catthu is sitting in the student center in the room by Verde's right now if we want to just make another random kill today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:15 pm 
Just killed Alex on the way to class, on Vassar St. (closer to Mass Ave, where the bike path goes from street to sidewalk) around 1 pm. In class; could someone else please report this kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:55 pm 
Well done Lydia; I pm'd Daniel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:57 pm 
He already posted the kill on the forum, so presumably he already heard about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:11 pm 
On an unrelated note, how do we feel about randomly killing people in the infinite if we get the chance? I've gotten some opportunities, but haven't taken them for fear that I would be killing after the mafia had already made a kill; however, if I checked the mafia den before switching classes and posted right away when I made a kill, there's the potential for a lot of killing on the infinite, which will be virtually impossible to track down.

What do we think of that as a strategy? Presumably we'd prefer to kill specific people each day, but that might be harder to pull off...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:19 pm 
I would prefer not doing that, as the chances of multiple people killing in one day increases significantly. Although if we set up some kind of schedule of when we're likely to be walking down the Infinite (so we know multiple people aren't killing at the same time), maybe.

Also, you're likely to be placed at the scene if you kill in the Infinite. I managed to avoid suspicion yesterday somehow, even though Dalton saw me in the Infinite shortly after jhurwitz's murder (even though I didn't kill him, there was still a small amount of suspicion that I had to deflect).