Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4: Looking Ahead
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:08 pm 
First off, who all's coming to get bubble tea? Second off, when are we doing that? I have to be back on campus by 8pm for a study group thing. Do other people have time constraints for that?

As for the actual game, I'm really enjoying the random killing thing we've got going, but since there aren't classes Wednesday, it might be harder to locate people. If worse comes to worse, we can just kill off someone at Random in the evening.

Alternately, if Molly's coming to bubble tea, she could invite Abby at the last minute (so she doesn't have time to alert people that if she's killed its our fault) and then one of us other than Molly kill her somewhere nondescript (preferably on campus) on our way there. If accused, we can say we were off campus at the time. Note: this is only a suggestion; what do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:33 pm 
Are there any nonmafia that live close to each other? Maybe we could stalk someone down and frame someone else. More broadly, we really need to get the townspeople to start killing each other. We should strategically brew suspicion. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:45 pm 
Not really. Half of game lives in Random, about a quarter in EC, and with wings gone, there aren't any other living groups with more than one townsperson living in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 pm 
Is there a way we could anonymously sabotage the votes and kills spreadsheet? If they notice that some facts are wrong they can always change it, but it'll be just a bit less valid information that at least a few people have when making decisions, and might make the townspeople less of a cohesive group when making decisions. If it's anonymous we don't have to worry about being implicated. Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:17 pm 
I feel like if Alex is dead, it might not be updated as often. Also, I feel like it's not really worth the effort, because it has a chance to implicate us if we change our voting records to look less suspicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:26 pm 
I was thinking less about changing our voting records and more about changing locations/times of kills. This spreadsheet is a convenient way to view all the info on all the kills at the same time; some people might refer to it when making decisions. We could also change the voting records of people in general if we want to frame someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:25 pm 
But it would be fairly easy to realize that the record is wrong and find the information to fix it. I don't really see how this would help much, as people can just change it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:37 pm 
Idk about the killing Abby idea. If our alibi was we were all off campus at the same time, its a good way to just kill all of us on the assumption we were having a sketchy meeting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:42 pm 
On the other hand, its a day off, and we're close friends so the chance of just Molly and I getting away without looking suspicious to Abby is extremely low. If we want to have this meeting, then Abby will have to be killed somehow, but I wouldn't know how to go about it. I can always say I'm going to ET, but I don't know what Molly would do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:40 pm 
Good points. So then do we have any other ideas for what to do about tomorrow, or just more random kills?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:50 pm 
I'm in BMF lounge right now with Dalton. He thinks Gurtej is mafia, and is going to go around telling people about it. He says that if he gets killed he'll know it was Gurtej, and he's hoping to get the word out about that. So we should probably kill Dalton toward the end of the day Wednesday, once he's done telling everyone that Gurtej is mafia, and then organize a lynching of Gurtej. Two birds, one stone. Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:17 am 
I assume this will backfire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:25 am 
Agreed (about backfiring). Also, Dalton has been pretty good at helping me rouse the lynching mob every night, so he's still pretty useful in my opinion. He makes it seem more like he's organizing things and less like I'm the one pulling the strings, which is nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:39 am 
Dalton said he doesn't feel like he's organizing things. He's also worried about the power of the Random hall group that meets up before lynchings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:03 pm 
He may not feel like he's organizing things, but he is kind of poking people to get shit done.

I don't know, maybe it would be a good plan to get him out of the way soon, but I feel like killing him *right now* would backfire. If he's telling everyone the whole 'if I'm killed, Gurtej is mafia' thing, it would be a bad move for the imaginary-mafia-that-includes-Gurtej to kill Dalton now. I would be cool with getting rid of him soon, but I don't think doing so today would have the 'let's lynch Gurtej' result that you suggested.

Also, if he's worried about the power of the Random lynch mob, then killing him might suggest 'oh, hey, there are mafia in said lynch mob, since they were so quick to silence those speaking out against it'.

*shrug* Just my $12.50. If things I'm saying sound stupid, let me know. I'm kind of sick right now and may or may not be thinking completely rationally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:23 pm 
I personally think we should continue with killing random people. Maybe assigning certain people to look out for certain players, and then having each member send a text or email to everyone, or make a post in the Mafia Den immediately after they have made a kill. If everyone is good about checking here before making a move, we should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:34 pm 
I agree with Liz. The random killings strategy seems to work pretty well. One issue I can see with this will be if multiple people try to kill someone at the same time. I feel like this is only really an issue during breaks between classes (around the hour and half hour marks) since these are times when multiple people are likely to be running into potential victims, so if we set up some sort of 'ok, you can kill people during these class breaks if you get the chance, and I'll take these other time slots' might be a good idea, but in general, the random killings seems to be working.

Although, be careful with that. Since people are beginning to check alibis, if you kill someone on your normal route between classes, it might be hard to say you were somewhere else at the time.

Also, Liz, Adam told me he was going to try to pass off his Fake ID to you just so that he doesn't have it any more, considering that he started with it and it needed to be passed off physically. Any idea when this will happen/has it already happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:04 pm 
He was looking for me this morning while I was showering, but he seems to have disappeared. I'll go looking for him again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:09 pm 
Apparently he biked off to campus, I guess I'll just chill here at ET until he comes back? Maybe.

I feel like I need to be more active on the town square forum, but I also think that anyone not at random and active on the forums becomes suspicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:42 pm 
Perhaps start with a request that more of the discussion occur on the forum because aren't feeling terribly involved in the game (this also makes you REALLY sound like a common innocent)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:21 pm 
I got the Fake ID, and I also took the Godfather's advice. Hopefully I won't be targeted for it, but its a risk I'm willing to take.

Perhaps we can use the Fake ID later if we need someone to trust one of us more. We could give away the Fake ID as a sign of good faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:29 pm 
I would rather have us (the mafia in general, although I don't have much preference as to who) hold on to the fake ID, rather than giving it away. Since no one should know who has any of the items once they're passed off, it's probably best not to tell anyone you have it.

Also, if people know you had the ID and it comes out that Adam is mafia, then it's likely to drag you down with him since him giving it to you suggests that you were working together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:36 pm 
This is true. We'll keep it in the family, then.

Any details worked out with the bubble tea get together?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 pm 
I hate doing this so last minute, but I'm going to have to punt. I have too much class work to deal with today (a paper to finish before tomorrow and three psets due Friday), so I'm going to be working pretty much straight through the next few days. Maybe this weekend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:38 pm 
Do we want to kill someone today? What are we going to do? Ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:42 pm 
I think we should, but who? Who wouldn't be suspicious?