Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Information
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:38 am 
The more you have, the better situated you are. Location of items, who the power roles are, who trusts whom are all extremely important to know. The manipulation of items is how you can get people to trust you. Wank about how investigators are taking forever, and how you wish there were some way they could get together and coordinate. Think and strategize how the townspeople could get the best of the mafia, and then sabotage with your information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:03 am 
Which reminds me, Liz, did you pass off one of your IDs to another mafia member yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:20 am 
No. I want to pass off both, so that if the Fake IDs are used to vote in ways the townspeople don't like and they go after the initial Fake ID owners, my lynching won't cause the item to be lotteried off. Or, I could keep one until I see the lynch mob go after me. Either way, I need to meet up with one of you guys to hand one off. Since Adam and I are known to have owned the IDs at one point, I think one of the other mafia members should get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:46 am 
Reminder of the role distribution:
5 mafia (+1)
1 Ironheart, 1 Politician, 2 Investigators, 1 Mad Scientist
1 additional Ironheart, Politician, Investigator, or Mad Scientist, chosen randomly
I don't think we have to worry about the politicians or mad scientists, but I hope we don't have to deal with an Ironheart.

---

Fake ID 1: lizrita

Fake ID 2: Patrick (?)

Fake ID 3: lizrita

Search Warrants: Phillip and GurtejKanwar (?)(I don't think we have to worry about these)

Medkit: Josh Hernandez (?) (I would not give a medkit away unless I was sure of someone's status as Inspector, so I'm assuming he still has it)

---

I want to remind everyone that we can hire a hitman as well. I feel like that would be useful if you wanted to kill someone at an event that will be attended by lots of players.

It would be very convenient if we could get a hold of a search warrant and take a medkit, however unlikely that my be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm 
Patrick said he'd passed off his ID, and Phillip was told to pass off his search warrant. Josh isn't really active, but he lives with a number of active players and he was at the first big lynch mob where we told everyone to pass off their items, so I don't know if he still has the medkit.

One of the frosh living on Black Hole (Tom Boning) has expressed interest to the general public that he really wants to be a hitman. I don't know whether this would actually be a good idea, since it would probably be traced back to me, since I live on Black Hole.

As for your IDs, is there a time that we could meet to hand them off? I could pass one to Lydia and keep one, or you could give one to me and one to Molly/ssuen. Actually, I think the latter is a better idea, since people living in the same dorm can more easily pass off the item if it looks like they might be lynched. Unless Molly and ssuen don't actually know each other/know where the other lives (since EC is a larger dorm than Random), in which case Lydia and I could hold on to them. *shrug* Whatever works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:48 pm 
Schedule today:
From 5:15-6:45 PM I'll be at ET, 7-8 PM psetting somewhere on campus (senior haus probably), 8-9:30 PM Square dancing in W20, 10 PM Right of Kings Packet Handout in 2-105.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:01 pm 
I met ssuen at the Carrier Fair, so I do know who he is, and I think that would work for the ID's, have one here at EC, and one there at Random.

I will probably be at Random tonight doing chem pset with Phillip. Until then, I'm at EC doing Mandarin. (so I'm technically free the whole time, except for homework.)