Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 9 Kill 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:12 pm 
jamb was killed at 3:56 pm in the 1st floor of Building 4. Discuss.

Post subject: Re: Day 9 Kill 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:14 pm 
I was in the course xi lounge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:15 pm 
Was walking from 18.510 to ESG. You can check with NP Arkadiy (or anyone who was at 18.510) to verify that I was there until class ended at 3:55.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:17 pm 
Where is 18.510?

The course xi lounge is 9-2xx (I don't remember the exact room number)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:18 pm 
Pesto, I think it's time you tell us everything.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:18 pm 
18.510 is in E17.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:08 pm 
I was walking from the Margaret Chaney room to class on the third floor of 34.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:32 pm 
I was on the couch in Chapter Room.

Lotta was ducktective. She'd investigated me, Sasha, and Luke for Josh's kill before Jordan. She also used the one-shot investigative power on Jordan (before deciding to investigate Jordan for Josh's kill). She told me, Sasha, and Luke everything herself. I told Luke and Lisa without knowing that Lotta had told anyone, then Luke, Sasha and I confirmed by saying "Lotta" simultaneously that we'd all heard from her.

We kept the ducktective secret because a mafia who knew the ducktective was dead could make kills outside ET freely. (Did anyone leak it to Dylan? If not, this lowers my estimate of his sketchiness significantly; I'm not sure he'd've dared make a kill on campus if there might've been a ducktective alive, although there weren't many potential ducktectives left alive.)

We kept the power use secret because it gave no information and was useless, but making the mafia fear there was a confirmed innocent might've been useful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:03 pm 
I did some checking with NPs on Dylan's alibi. Tpleas, ksedlar, dukhovni, and asjm had nothing useful to report. Oreo reported that class ended 1-2 minutes early. Arkadiy (who's less trustworthy because he's the one Dylan referred us to) didn't remember when class ended but said he walked with Dylan to ESG. Dylan independently said that class probably ended a bit early.

I went and did the run between E17 and the first floor of building 4 myself twice to check. Jogging enough that I was winded when I arrived, I needed 3:08; running enough that I was also sweating, I needed 2:22. That's without any appreciable traffic in the halls. So it's just barely possible that Dylan could have made the kill, but I still think it's a pretty good alibi.

One thing I'm confused about: why the 1st floor of 4? Isn't the fastest route from 4-2 to 24-6 to stay on 4-2?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:08 pm 
Arkadiy says that if Dylan were mafia and asked him to lie, he probably would. That leaves a bit of information from Oreo and my run timing, though.

(Incidentally, for records' sake and for lurkers: before this we all pointed at the people we thought were sketchiest. Dylan and I pointed at Sasha, Sasha pointed at Lisa, and Lots pointed at Dylan. We cast our votes for Sasha and Lisa. I'm just trying to check in case we caught Dylan in a lie.)