Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thoughts on game
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:36 am 
I'm sad no kill happened yesterday. But I'm excited for the potential kill during squares. This hasn't happened before (not succesfully) and its very likely to fail this time. But it'll be fun!

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on game
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:53 am 
Also I find it hilarious that it took so long for players to voice their concerns with the paranoia texts. Mafia should strongly consider using it for kills.

Mmmh I wonder if it's worth for Mafia to kill themselves in a room full of players (not including their other mafia buddy) at ET. I guess the pressure would be on the other person to not mess up any kills. Also it would have to be 3-4 other players. Part of the reason we focused exclusively on the Day 1 kill last ET game was because we were convinced it could have only been one of like four players.

Also they should have really made a kill when the 5:15 got to the house yesterday. Almost everyone was around but most people are moving around so it would have been possible to get someone in the hallway or something.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:34 pm 
Moment of truth. Does jordan have the guts to make a kill during a tip? We'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:49 pm 
Putting pressure on the mafia is no fun. Also idk what I'll do if they don't make a kill tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:35 am 
Ducktective investigated sashacf if anyone's curious.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:13 am 
Wow dgrazian. I wonder if he's actually on to her and if he's told someone. He's only posted his introduction so far.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:27 am 
derp Luke blends in so well. I just said something that exposed pravinas as town. Hopefully he didnt catch it?
Mmh I trust him to try to willfully ignore any info he might have gained this way. Also maybe he didnt hear ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:56 pm 
So I'm surprised that everyone is like Ducktective reveal. I think they were correct to both not reveal and to not investigate Dylan. Assuming that he was going to be lynched tonight, the investigation would only be useful if it returned positive. And then it would require them to reveal themself to prevent someone who didn't make the kill from getting lynched. It's much better to investigate some other person, if it returns yes they made the kill then expose them if it returns no they didn't make the kill, then the best bet is still dylan.

btw ducktective investigated Luke earlier today.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:18 pm 
So Ducktective revealed to sashacf, (they were the first investigation). Also Pesto just got investigated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:12 am 
PM from Lotta to Sasha and Luke:

Hi Sasha and Luke!

I am Ducktective. I am revealing to the two of you because I investigated both of you for Josh's death and you were both negative. This means that at least one of you is a townie so in the case that I die, I can trust at least one of you to announce the information.

I also know that Pesto did not kill Josh.

Anyway, I am not asking you to be my proxy. (ie. I do not want you posting anything I tell you to town until after I die). I know this sounds sketchy, but it is because I think mafia might think the Ducktective is dead and this is good for town. Once I actually get a positive read on someone, I would obviously want you to announce this to town.

For now, this is mostly a safety measure. If I die, I want you to announce what I'm saying. (Also, if I die, do not hesitate to suspect the other person that I'm sending this to. Just because they didn't kill josh doesn't mean they're not mafia.)

Also, here are my current thoughts:
- The only people I have not investigated yet for Josh's death that were at Squares are Dylan and Jordan. This disturbs me since they seem to alibi each other (maybe they're both town, maybe they're both mafia, or maybe they're too trusting of each other?). I'm starting to more seriously consider suspects from outside Squares.
- In particular, I'm suspecting Erin and Dgrazian since they have the worst alibis.
- I thought dgrazian was giving bad advice during today's town meeting
- The fact that Josh was killed first indicates to me that mafia might be new players. It's generally strategically better to kill experienced players (such as Pesto or Dgrazian). Targeting new players can also be considered bad form.
- Yes, I know a bunch of these are not consistent... they are just my thoughts.

More later when I think of things/investigate more!

-LB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:30 pm 
Sad about today. I think people will be upset with me after game ends. :/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:36 am 
So Lotta hit jordan. Let's see what happens.

Sasha is currently telling Lisa how sketched out by Lotta they are.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:42 am 
wait who will turn up guilty for pravina's death?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 am 
It happened at ET. Ducktective can only make investigations on kills not at ET.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:45 am 
So Lotta caught Jordan as Mafia and investigated her for Josh's death.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:26 am 
Sasha's spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =0&vpid=B2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:34 am 
Updates on my last day as Ducktective:

I proved Jordan was Town and then investigated her for Josh's death. (Sad I didn't investigate her first so that I could have proved someone else to be town :( ).

Anyway, I told all my thoughts to Pesto and then also PMed Luke, so both of them know that Jordan killed Josh. I'm not sure why they haven't posted that yet though... the original plan was to not say anything to avoid letting Jordan get a free kill, but now the kill is used up, so they should just say things.

In particular, they should maybe just say everything I've told them, but I guess waiting is safe too since there are 3 people who know everything that I found out.

I'm afraid that Sasha is now highly suspecting Pesto since I told them last night that if I die, it was probably him. (Pesto also highly suspects Sasha though).

Anyway, with only 1 Mafia left, let's hope that these three (Luke, Sasha, and Pesto) work together as people I trusted instead of turning on each other.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:58 am 
Ugh! I thought that Lisa and Jordan had figured me out, but apparently I was just an easy target.
I should have been more careful >_<. (I was avoiding being in the same room alone with Jordan, but didn't try hard enough to be away from Lisa).

I think Pesto is trying to hide the fact that I was Ducktective and imply that Ducktective is still alive. Hopefully this will make Mafia more scared to make kills or something.

Hopefully, once Lisa makes more kills, she will move up on people's sketch lists. I think town should have a pretty good chance of winning from here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:23 pm 
Sasha is so convinced that one of Pesto or luke is mafia though. If that doesn't get sorted out quickly then Lisa will be able to just lurk in the background while everyone discusses Sasha, pesto, and luke.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:46 pm 
NOOOOO!!! Pesto just PMed Luke (who he trusts because of me) and Lisa (who he I guess suspects the least). That I am ducktective. He does not know that Sasha knows and is therefore challenging them aggressively.

All my friends turned on each other as soon as I died :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:54 pm 
Solution: Don't die :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:55 pm 
I think Pesto just confirmed using Luke and Sasha that they are in fact all on the same page.
yay.

WHY DID HE HAVE TO PM LISA BEFORE DOING THIS!!!!!
GRARARARARARARARARARARARAR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:57 pm 
Q_q lol sorry lotta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:05 am 
And then there were more players dead than alive.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:20 am 
Wow! Good job Lisa!

All town needed was two people to confidently alibi each other. Then there would be 2 provable townies. Yet she somehow managed to strike at a time when no one was with anyone else and now townies are all turning on each other.

Also, by striking at ET, it keeps up the illusion that mafia don't know ducktective is dead. (Although grabted it is much easier to kill people at et).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:44 pm 
If I were alive, I'd be most suspicious of DGrazian. He hasn't been killed yet, he wasn't at Tech Squares, and he's been acting sketchy on Town Square.

It sounds as though he's getting executed tonight. We'll see in 15 minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:53 pm 
Also he's been only giving bad advice to town...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:53 pm 
I think Town might be confused as to how tiebreaks work. Though I also haven't been following the conversation too closely.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:00 pm 
The idea as I understand it is that when there are 4 players left, they can choose the top two sketchy people, and they will both be provably executed. First day, the two "townies" split and vote for each sketchy person and the two sketchy people vote for each other. The one with the higher tie breaker vote dies. Then the other has 2 votes cast against them. Mafia kills someone and the last teo vote for each other, so sketchy #2 dies. It only works if there is no tie.

I think this gaurentees that the top two sketchy would determine the winner, and if mafia ends up on th non-sketchy list, they can gaurentee a win.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:32 pm 
So apparently Lisa being mafia in this game was leaked to the other game? That really shouldn't have happened :(