Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 (9/19)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:27 pm 
Yesterday nobody was murdered, and nobody was lynched (in a vote with a rather disappointing turnout.)

Discuss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:29 pm 
I suggest that if you started with an item, you give it away, perhaps at random. Otherwise, you'll be a tempting kill target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:38 pm 
The mafia are no closer to destroying our peaceful town. The townspeople are no closer to ridding the town of mafia members that may or may not exist.

If Phillip and Patrick aren't going to post on the forums about the interactions they've had in real life, perhaps other people should.

What I have been told in person, and a recap of things from the day 1 thread:

phillip heard patrick say something sketchy. What I think: this was patrick trolling like he always does and is not indicative of whether or not he is mafia. The vote for phillip was, as I understand it, due to an understanding that it was sketchy of phillip to tell people about this interaction in real life but to not tell the forum about it after being _specifically asked_ to tell the forum about it. I agree with krue's judgment that this is sketchier behavior than patrick's trolling. I just didn't manage to get a vote in due to not being in front of my computer. And also generally not having a strong opinion on lynching anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:41 pm 
Also, I wrote paragraph two before reading the day 1 thread, and then finished and updated paragraph 4 after doing so. Paragraph 2 is irrelevant because people did that. Damn the no edit button, even though there is excellent reason for it not existing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:46 pm 
I'm happy with how the vote turned out, except for the understandably low turnout. No-lynch was inevitable, and perhaps for the better of the game.

In retrospect, I should have voted for Phillip, since his actions were more suspicious that Patrick's. Also, he did not think to give away his search warrant before midnight, even though he heard people discussing voting to lynch him (though other players say they would not have thought of it either in his shoes).

To be clear, both suspicions are minor, and mostly relevant just because we have nothing to go by now. If something actually happens, we'll have more lively discussions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:17 am 
I just wanted the search warrant because it's a cool item and I knew who had it. I repeatedly told him I was not mafia so he would be more inclined to give it to me. I agree that his actions were way more suspicious than my own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:23 am 
(sorry, cross post from Day 1 I just did)

I would just like to say that I wasn't told to bring the search warrant until one minute before midnight, and I didn't post about the incident because I did not want to be the first person to shout accusations before I understood Patrick's full intentions. I just wanted to scout some opinions about the matter first, but I didn't want to throw all suspicion on Patrick just because of a silly comment and hilarious chase throughout the dorm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:25 am 
Hilarious chase? Please do tell us what happened!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:42 am 
Well I was sitting in the Destiny kitchen, and he asked me for the search warrant. At the time, I didn't even know I had the search warrant because the game just started. So, I said no, and he looked menacing, and then said, "If I was mafia, I could just kill you to get the search warrant" (or something of that nature) so I scooted away, but he got closer. Then, I darted to my room and closed the door.

I soon became hungry and ventured back to the kitchen to eat popcorn and leftover rice/vegetables. After finishing my food, he once again asked for it, and I made an excuse to leave. He then chased me once more. I had to go see my brother (kenny) about something, and he lives on pecker. It was a mad dash to go to his room. I then hid in his closet, but I coughed, and Patrick obviously found me, but left. And that was about it - it's less funny in narrative form. It's mostly silly antics and nothing serious. I do plan to give away my search warrant very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:45 am 
He went to see his brother about something, i.e., to ask if he could hide there (and also to get witnesses). It was actually Shaunak who said you were in there, I wouldn't've guessed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:02 am 
Actually, I didn't want to say, but I was instructed to check if he was drunk or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:12 am 
Instructed by whom? Everyone knows I don't drink; that's the devil's water (and illegal).

That's just Saturday night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:15 am 
he = my brother. Instructed by my mother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:09 pm 
jurwitz was murdered in Lobby 7 at 3:00 p.m.

Post subject: Perils in lobby 7
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 pm 
jhurwitz was putting up posters advertising for students to teach for Splash on one of the triangular bulletin boards, when he looked up at one of the mirrors inside the bulletin board, he saw an enormous greatsword hanging by a human hair from the rotunda pointing down below. He looked down, and a freshly painted red X sat on the floor just beneath his feet. He tried to run, but his shoes are fastened to what Jhurwitz merely assumed was paint. Paralyzed with fear, all Jacob can do is watch and wait, as the world goes silent and a greatsword skewers him to the floor of Lobby 7.

1 down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:04 pm 
Who could have been in lobby 7 at 3pm today? Not I, as I was at Random at the time, working diligently on my 8.02 pset. I have witnesses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 pm 
Because only Patrick and I had any votes last round, I guess an alibi is needed. At 2:00pm I finished my 18.02 Recitation and went to the Z center to swim from 2:10ish to 3:10ish including changing. I have a witness placing me back at Random when I got back, and I have a very wet swimsuit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:08 pm 
Can your witnesses speak? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:45 pm 
Voting block in destiny is deciding to lynch fluffy:
-krue
-benkraft
-daltonallan
-anthonylu
-patrick
-phillip
-joshhernandez

Suspicions based on seeing him the general vicinity at the general time, presumably going to a 3:00 class, which seems like the best fit for killing someone at 3 in Lobby 7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:47 pm 
To clarify, Gurtej was the one who saw him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:42 am 
"So Gurtej was there too?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:23 pm 
Yes I was there slightly after the fact. I was walking with Dalton and saw Krue, so I have an alibi. Similarly I can vouch for Dalton because I was walking with him. I dunno about Krue though... we kind of have to go on her word with her story. It seems plausible at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:03 pm 
Did you not see anyone fleeing from the scene of the crime?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:06 pm 
Chewy, who is your question directed at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:19 pm 
We (Gurtej and I) did not see anyone fleeing, but we were coming from lobby 10, so it's possible that the killer left toward Mass Ave. I talked to krue about jherwitz's death and she seemed to not be the killer. However, it might be worth investigating her just to double check.