Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:29 pm 
Yesterday, wings dropped out of the game, Alex was murdered, and Lizzie was lynched. Discuss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm 
I would appreciate it if more discussion occurred on the actual forums as opposed to at Random or something. Random is an awesome place, but its not fair to people living elsewhere that we either have to go there for discussion or just vote with the mob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:37 pm 
Sorry about that. It's just kind of convenient to have discussions at Random since half of game lives here. Also forum discussion is really slow, so it's hard to have decent conversations online. I don't know of a real way to fix that problem, but I'll at least try to make sure that when major discussion happens at Random it's posted to the forum as it's happening so that people elsewhere can see what's being discussed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:45 pm 
That'd be extremely helpful, and would give others an opportunity to put their thoughts and opinions in while discussion is still going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm 
What actually happened? O.o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:52 pm 
You mean what happened with discussion yesterday? Just a bunch of back and forth about "okay, we don't have much to go on, but voting no lynch gives the mafia a free ride for the day, so who do we lynch?" that ended with lynching Lizzie because she wasn't at all active, and we asked the investigators to investigate the people whose alibis suggested they could've actually been nearby when the murder happened. And by "asked the investigators" I mean I'm pretty sure something was posted to the forum last night about it; I'll go check to make sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:55 pm 
Okay, so looking back at the forums, it looks like benkraft mentioned the people with classes near the murder scene were "marginally suspicious" but didn't explicitly state that the investigators should investigate them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 pm 
At this point I would like to remind all players who try to be clever that attempting to divine who is and is not an investigator based on the wording of PMs received at the start of game by dgrazian is poor form and essentially against the rules.

As a counter measure, it may be in Daniel's wisdom to publicly post the message the Investigators received. Whether to redact the names of the recipients is entirely his decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:58 pm 
I will also point out that last night's discussion in Random was mostly just 3 people, plus a few who stopped by for a few minutes each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:27 pm 
Hey guys, we have thirty minutes, what are we doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:30 pm 
Good question. No kill today... what do we have to go on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:35 pm 
Pretty much nothing. No one's talking here at Random. We had a google speaker come talk to us and feed us Bertucci's rolls, and he's still talking.

If the mafia are just waiting to use their kill, we'll get another hour to talk, but I'd really like to work on my paper rather than spend another hour discussing. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:40 pm 
Ah, this is true. I haven't even started my calc pset and it's due tomorrow :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:41 pm 
I'd rather not lynch someone active without some discussion, so maybe we should simply lynch someone who has never participated. On the other hand, it still seems likely that mafia would have posted something or voted for someone.
It is also worth mentioning that if the mafia do not kill today it is likely that they conscripted someone, but it is also possible that they were simply disorganized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:54 pm 
If no one else says anything before midnight, then I am voting for Amanda Wang, a randomly chosen inactive player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:56 pm 
People who haven't voted:
AdamYedidia - Intro, nothing else
Amanda Wang - NOTHING AT ALL
catthu - Intro, nothing else
Kit - NOTHING AT ALL
KRoe - Intro, nothing else
Lauren Merriman - a couple posts
lizrita - Introduction, hasn't been active, but wants to be more so
ssuen - a couple posts

Josh Hernandez - voted once when he was in the Random lynch mob day2, has not posted at all

Based on this, I would suggest lynching Amanda Wang, as I have no idea who the hell she is and she doesn't even list a dorm or anything, and thus is completely fucking useless to us. Not much time left, I don't know. I'm voting for her since we have nothing else to go on and someone is better than no one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:01 pm 
I voted for Amanda, she hasn't been active at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:12 pm 
Damn I missed the vote by a few minutes! Oh well I probably would have voted for Amanda for similar reasons, and judging by the posts she's going to be lynched anyway... We really need more discussion in this game I think, but there's not really a good way to solve that without people obsessively checking the forums...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:47 am 
I voted for Amanda, but it was a little after 12:00... hopefully it went through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:57 am 
At this rate, the mafia won't have to kill anyone off. We will just lynch all the inactives and they can block vote/peer pressure us to slowly kill ourselves. :/