Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 5 (9/22)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:38 am 
Yesterday, nobody was murdered, and Amanda Wang was lynched in a vote with very low turnout.

Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:36 am 
I didn't vote yesterday since I was too busy to spend much time on the forums or talking to people about mafia, so I felt that if I voted it would have either been at random or with the mob which I didn't feel would help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:34 am 
I didn't vote yesterday because I was irresponsible and didn't notice when it became midnight. ><

Just a heads up--I'll be away this weekend from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:42 pm 
Abby C was murdered in La Verde's in the student center at 3:50 p.m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:55 pm 
++Lydia.

As for alibis, I was on the way back from 8.022. We ended around 3:45, so I walked back to Random with (non-player) Tessa, who should be able to confirm this. I don't specifically remember seeing any players around at that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:13 pm 
I went to my 11.002 Recitation (Building 4) which was at 4:00 from 8.022. I stayed after a little bit in 8.022 to ask the professor a question, and then waited outside the recitation room for just a few minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:35 pm 
Phillip! Do you want to do chem pset sometime! Come to EC? or shall I come to Random?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:36 pm 
I was at Random when the murder happened. I haven't left Black Hole since 3:15ish, when I got back from class. Sweet Tea has been around and should be able to vouch for me if necessary, as have Brian and Tom. (all non-players)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:05 pm 
Also, I will be psetting in the student center for the next couple hours. I should be back in time for discussion at Random, but I probably won't be able to spend much time on it, or at least I will be psetting while vaguely listening to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:26 pm 
I was in my physics recitation in 26-3.

I'm surprised the mafia haven't encountered an Ironheart or a medkit yet. Is there a chance the person with the medkit was conscripted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:44 pm 
That applies to 2 people out of 20 townies; the Mafia has only made like 4 kills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:47 pm 
I was at Random psetting at the time. I let Jersey in about 15 minutes before the murder and have not left since.

How many players will be at the Right of Kings packet handout? Could we have a bloc that does not consist almost entirely of Randomites meet after that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:52 pm 
There could also be an additional Ironheart, depending on the results of the last randomized role. But yeah, I guess they don't have a very high chance of encountering one, sadly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm 
I'll be at the RoK handout, but I don't know for how long. I have to finish my chem and physics psets for tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 pm 
I was sitting outside of my 2.005 Recitation room... but other than that what are we doing tonight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:16 pm 
Also, as an alibi for ssuen since he is dead asleep right now, he was coming back from Tosci's with about 2-3 other Non-players who can vouch for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:17 pm 
Well, the active half of game is at packet handout for the Assassin's Guild game that's running this weekend, so fuck if I know what's going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:19 pm 
Sigh. I forgot that happened today >.< Ah well... This is an interesting game. Should we continue to vote for the inactives or hold off on the lynching?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:24 pm 
Jwu wrote:
At this rate, the mafia won't have to kill anyone off. We will just lynch all the inactives and they can block vote/peer pressure us to slowly kill ourselves. :/

Jwu, you said this in Day 5. It seems like you're implying too strongly that you're townie and on the side of the town. Even if just to get the game going, I SUGGEST JWU IS MAFIA :shock: Cue dramatic music. Someone should vote with me or argue against me or something. Plzzzzzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:25 pm 
Well, holding out on lynching is like giving the mafia a free pass to kill someone without a chance that we're killing one of them too, so I would say lynch people who aren't being active, since they aren't really helping us at all if they're townspeople, and if they're mafia, then cool, less mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:27 pm 
Based on the heuristic of "who's been the least active", I would say Kit would be a good person to knock off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:29 pm 
Silly submit button.

Anyway, as I was saying, she hasn't even bothered to post an introduction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:34 pm 
Im good with voting for Kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:35 pm 
(the forum didn't tell me Gurtej posted anything until after I posted a bunch of stuff, so in response to that)

I don't completely understand your logic. I feel like voting for inactives makes sense because they aren't voting or discussing or helping us find the mafia. If you can convince me that Jwu is suspicious, I would be willing to change my vote, but for now I think I'm going to vote for Kit.