Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:07 pm 
Yesterday, Abby C was murdered and Kit was lynched. Discuss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:57 am 
Molly and I were doing 5.112 P-sets in Destiny Kitchen, and we did not expect it to take so long. Thus, we missed the voting. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:28 am 
I was similarly psetting. Life, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:27 pm 
I was redeeming my free scoop of Tosci's at the time of the murder. As Jwu posted in the "Discussion Day 5 (9/22)" thread:

Jwu wrote:
Also, as an alibi for ssuen since he is dead asleep right now, he was coming back from Tosci's with about 2-3 other Non-players who can vouch for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:16 pm 
Phillip was killed in the 4th floor lobby of the Student Center at 8:05 p.m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:28 pm 
Dammit, I don't have time to deal with this. I'm helping the GMs run Right of Kings in 34-3. I left the APO office in the Student Center at around 7:55, shortly after Sciric ran off because he's playing RoK and lost track of time, and I've been cutting and stapling ever since I got here. Won't be on again for a few hours, was told someone had died so I took a break to check the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:46 pm 
I left APO with Krew to go to Random for board games. I think we should actually talk about all of this stuff so we can get more people to make informed votes. Especially since it's the weekend and we (might? all have more time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:20 pm 
I was at CSL during the time of the murder...

I'm still suspicious of jwu. Anything that tries too hard to sound like townie puts me on alert. Also we kinda have to lynch, so I'd say LET'S LYNCH JWU! <-- My fail attempt at inciting a mob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:13 pm 
NO NOT PHILIP!!

It wasn't me, I've been at random all evening. WHOM DO I VOTE FOR?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 pm 
Break from helping with RoK. Who should I be voting for? Is there any IRL discussion going on, or is everyone just punting game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:44 pm 
The lynch mob in Foo (Me, Dalton, Molly) thinks Gurtej is pretty sketchy. We killed Fluffy basically because he had some minor unverafied story about seeing him in Lobby 7 near the time of the kill; Dalton was with Gurtej and says he saw nothing. Fluffy was an experienced player, so this was also a Bad Thing. Finally, he had the slightly sketchy incident where he claimed there was suspicion of Lizzie, when in fact it was a single forum post. Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:45 pm 
As I said, there are a few of us in Foo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:16 pm 
Since Phillip was killed on W20-4 at 8:05, presumably on his way back from the APO event. Since this event wasn't particularly widely known, it's reasonably likely that someone in APO was either the killer or told someone to make the kill (either another Mafia or a hitman). That's (to my memory of people at the APO event) me, krue, or Molly.

I left (with dgrazian, but he's not likely to help) at about 7:55 and Dalton can attest to the fact that he saw me in Foo at about 8:07; I think I got there around 8:04 so some non-players may be able to attest to me being there even a bit earlier; even with just Dalton's info, I would have had to run pretty damn fast and not arrive winded.

krue and Molly claim to have left together at around 8:00. (I haven't directly talked to krue about this, only Molly.) Since I'm pretty sure krue was going to Right of Kings, while Molly was going to Random (and indeed arrived relatively shortly after I did), this seems sketchy to me; she could easily have split and doubled back, so I'm quite suspicious of her. Since this means Molly was proposing a somewhat sketchy alibi for krue, I'm slightly suspicious of her too.

Dalton also mentioned a slight suspicion of krue on the kill of jhurwitz; he can post more about it, but he saw them together right after the kill, but didn't think krue talked like someone who had just killed jhurwitz.

I'll probably vote for krue unless I see more evidence to the contrary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:41 pm 
I took the Infinite around to gamespace because it was raining. The gms can confirm that I was here at the time of the murder. I'm not mafia. (Ami Greene's looking over my shoulder and says that she can confirm my alibi)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 pm 
I don't really have anything more impressive to say. I'm not an investigator or anything awesome like that. If I was, I would be revealing now. The internet isn't working very well here, so I may or may not be able to see if anything else is posted. I for one will not be voting for myself. Past that, I don't have much else to say other than "Don't lynch me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 pm 
It seems like Gurtej has been mentioned previously as sketchy, so I'm going to vote for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:49 pm 
"I just made myself look sketchy because I was bored of nothing happening in game."

-Gurtej in Foo at 23:48 9/23/2011

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:50 pm 
So, what then? Who are we voting for? I would personally prefer not be, but there's not much I can do about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 pm 
Yay sketchyness! From my quick discussion with Foo, I'm voting for krue not jwu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:53 pm 
So I still think krue is the best shot we have. Even if she didn't actually kill anyone, Molly and I have somewhat better alibis (I'd claim mine is significantly better), and I think it's pretty likely someone in APO is mafia, and either did the kill or hired a hitman, essentially because no one else would have had the knowledge to kill Phillip outside the meeting without waiting over an hour in that lobby and not being noticed by me or Molly leaving. It's not great evidence, and it would have been somewhat sloppy play, but it's definitely possible and I don't think we have much better.

Investigators should keep an eye on whichever of me, Gurtej, Molly, and krue don't get lynched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:55 pm 
I think that both Gurtej and krue are sketchy, but I am voting for Gurtej now because krue seemed honestly surprised when she learned about jhurwitz's death. I am playing a game right now and will post the story after it is over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:59 pm 
Votes close soon, people should make decisions and post rationale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:59 pm 
I agree with Dalton, sorry Gurtej.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 pm 
It's already midnight. There's nothing I can do now, but for what it's worth, I'm not mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 pm 
Hmm... I've been gone all day since I was psetting/sleeping and during that time someone tried to lynch me? O.o; Dam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:04 pm 
I don't think anyone was trying very actively; you were just one of the people with some latent suspicion on you, and thus maybe some people's default vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:07 pm 
Oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:10 pm 
("you" in my previous post was Jwu.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:10 pm 
Oops. Didn't see Jwu's post.