Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:37 pm 
Yesterday, Josh Hernandez was murdered and Patrick was lynched.

No Mad Scientist's monster appeared.

Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:34 am 
Just wanted to note that I submitted my vote at about 3pm yesterday and did not get to see the night discussions. Had I been there for the later discussions, I would have probably switched my vote as well. I just decided to go with who seemed to be fishiest at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:25 pm 
Hey guys! I'm back from lab retreat. Sorry for not voting all weekend. Catching up on the forums now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:36 pm 
Lauren Merriman was killed on 3rd West of East Campus at 1:47 p.m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:35 pm 
Several things to think about or do:

Dalton suggested we make someone mayor in order to combat fake IDs. He suggested me, so I'm circulating a petition to elect and a petition to impeach. Dalton has a partial petition to impeach with 4 signatures; I have the election petition with 4 signatures, and the other half of the impeachment petition which Dalton will get when it's done. If people think a mayor would be useful and trust me (and Dalton, who will have the ability to remove me) sufficiently, find me or I'll find you. We currently need 7 signatures for either half.

I'm still most suspicious of lizrita, then of krue, for reasons already detailed. I think it's safe to say that fake IDs 1 and 3 are probably Mafia; does anyone disagree? If we agree, I think it would be good for lizrita to say where they went.

No monster :( .

Investigators should be investigating. Presumably they should reveal with their investigation history if they have sufficient useful information -- what do we think is sufficient? 1 guilty? 2 guilties? ALL the guilties? :P

Anyone else have any ideas? Or shall I just keep talking until people decide I'm Mafia because I'm influencing lots of lynches by being one of the few people talking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:57 pm 
I do think a Mayor would be helpful, since the voting is getting to be closely tied most nights.

I don't really have many other thoughts, besides is anyone talking about the potential lynchings for tonight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:16 pm 
Just updated the kills/votes spreadsheet to include yesterday's events.

For reference, those still alive (if the spreadsheet is accurate):

AdamYedida
Anthony Lu
benkraft
catthu
Chewy Shaw
Dalton Allan
Jwu
KRoe
krue
Lauren Merriman
lizrita
Lydia Krasilnikova
Molly K
ssuen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:28 pm 
Lauren Merriman just died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:32 pm 
Assuming that we did not kill any mafia yet, there's only 10 townspeople left...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:47 pm 
Whoops, I skimmed over dgrazian's post, didn't see that! But yeah, totally agree that we need to appoint a mayor to fight fake IDs/mafia voting bloc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 pm 
...Jwu, I'm pretty sure your math is off. There were 14 people on your list and there were five mafia to start with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 pm 
Whoops. 13 (since Lauren just died) - 5 = 8 left.

I thought there were only 3 mafia for some reason @_@

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:02 pm 
There are 13 people left in the game (Lauren was killed), and in the worst-case scenario, there are 6 mafia (including 1 conscript) and 7 townspeople in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:11 pm 
Hmm. If those odds were true, I'd be most pleased.

Post subject: Killing someone
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:35 pm 
I think we can reasonably assume that at this point we've killed one or two mafia. That said, I don't think we can get complacent--we need to make sure we keep lynching people or the mafia will get a majority by default. I'll probably vote for someone else at random if nobody else votes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:39 pm 
Please, don't vote at random. There are good reasons, discussed over the last few days, to be suspicious of lizrita and krue. I'll probably vote for lizrita unless she says something really interesting about fake IDs or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:06 pm 
Just a thought: maybe we should elect a mayor from outside of Random (and its associated drama/sketchiness)? I'm not sure how I feel about electing benkraft or anyone for Random for that matter, particularly considering that the checks and balances also come from Dalton, another person living in Random.

Although it is in our best interest to elect a mayor, I don't want to sign benkraft's petition simply out of convenience. If we so happen to elect a mafia member to mayor status, they will have an insurmountable voting advantage. We should think more carefully about who we're nominating imho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:12 pm 
Stephen: Do you have someone else in mind to elect? I do kinda agree with you. However I am not sure who would be sufficiently trustworthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:21 pm 
I don't have a specific person in mind, but I think we should discuss it. The people who are still alive, living outside Random:

AdamYedida (ET)
Chewy Shaw (Senior)
Jwu (EC)
KRoe (Maseeh)
lizrita (Senior)
Molly K (EC)
ssuen (EC)

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:32 pm 
Also, who are we lynching? It would not be a good idea to split between lizrita and krue. We should try to consolidate our votes in one to ensure nothing fishy happens with the fake ids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 pm 
I'm voting for lizrita, unless others convince me otherwise soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 pm 
The advantage of having someone in Random is that they can more easily talk to other people in Random, thus giving more people input (assuming the Mayor xerself isn't Mafia). This should presumably lead to better results.

That said, I'm open to other suggestions if there are other people people think are trustworthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:43 pm 
I'm trustworthy. And I already have a nice little hat to wear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:53 pm 
I think that lizrita might not be mafia, so I am voting for krue. It is possible that lizrita gave IDs to Molly and Abby and Molly is mafia. Given this suspicion and the fact that krue is more likely mafia, I am voting for krue.