Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Strategy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:13 am 
I think this game is going to be roughly similar to normal mafia, e.g. roughly town vs. mafia aligned. This means:

Townies, don't share your roles.
Lynches are important - share relevant information to lynching bad guys.
People with investigatorial roles, consider getting a proxy. Make sure you use all the investigations you can, and diseminate the results to town.
Don't give people your items unless you need to. You might be giving them to a bad guy.
Knowing someone is guaranteed to be a good guy is very powerful - use that sort of capability wisely.

On the subject of ceremonies specifically, they're probably worth doing, so let's try and organize ceremony meetings every day we can. Post if you've got one you'd like to organize.

If you have thoughts/alternative information, please post.

Post subject: Re: Strategy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:11 pm 
I can be a proxy of someone who inspects! Let the trust flow through you!

Also, we should consider semi-anonymous pm methods such as sending a message with a counter n. Upon receiving message if n is positive forward randomly after decrement counter and if zero post info in town sq. Also this would be so much fun doing!

Also just general q, I am assuming investigation is a role power right?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:13 pm 
AC, these methods are very interesting and cool... too interesting and cool, they break the "no cryptography" rule. (in general things that are close to crypto are auto-banned because they are Very powerful)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:15 pm 
Ah oops. I don't want to be smited by the god for I am a faithful townee. Message with decrementing counters wouldn't be used.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:33 pm 
Wait, this isn't crypto... I think it should be allowed - it just lets the original person specify how many people to proxy it through - there's no guarantee nor really any easy check as to whether it succeeds.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:41 pm 
yup, nvm, misread it. It should be fine, easily fakable. (also you won't be smote for suggesting things that are wrong if in good faith)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:06 pm 
Yay! I am not smote, and my proposal is okay. This is a great day 1!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:51 pm 
What do you mean by using proxies?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:55 pm 
Instead of relaying information directly, you ask someone else to relay it to town for you to reduce the chance of mafia figuring out the original source of that information (e.g. who the investigations are being made by)