A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Lynch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:56 pm 
But now there's bandwagoning to ijc. :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:56 pm 
Somewhat relatedly, I think the level of bandwagoning going on here is pretty disconcerting. On both sides (regierock and ijc)... so much bandwagoning

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:57 pm 
OK, I'm sticking with my vote for regirock, but I think lynching ijc is reasonable. This would give regirock more time to defend herself because otherwise she'll probably be first on the chopping block tomorrow anyway.

The non-mafia that I'm proxying for has the same ability (generate a ceremony every two days) which makes me more inclined to trust ijc. I'm going to go with regirock.

The only reason I have been more active is that I'm playing more game so I feel like I know what I'm doing more. As for the sketchy alibis I was too lazy to mention this but a NP (Naoyoung Lee) can second my first alibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:35 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
I am going to sketchily second ijc. I don't have particular suspicions of him, but I'm feeling lynch-happy, and I investigated the other two (they came back negative.)

Yes, I can do that.

So, yeah, it's relatively weak suspicion, but I'd rather lynch than no-lynch.

Is this serious? If so you should post this on the investigation thread.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:42 am 
mjny, that is an excellent point. I suspected there were mafia ceremonies before (the whole `generally beneficial to town' thing, with the weasel `generally') but now I'm almost certain of it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:11 pm 
I was bandwagoning because I thought that's what you're supposed to do...(as a newbie, lynching is very confusing)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:21 pm 
Woah haha no

Be aware that starting lynch mobs is like the number one way that mafia manipulate the rest of town to go and lynch innocent people. Always make sure that before you join a lynch mob that you agree with the logic going on based on what you know and not just what people / the trend of posts are saying

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:16 pm 
Last time I was told not to randomly lynch people I thought might be guilty and instead to try and coordinate with other people on who to lynch. I did agree with the logic, as well, but I missed a lot of the very last minute discussion. I guess things got lost in translation? Talking with people at ET, they said they didn't think I was playing *too* badly.