Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Who has been Splashed?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:45 pm 
I am pretty suspicious of sammyluo for a few reasons
-he voted for regirock instead of ijc
-he seems to be the main reason the vote shifted back to regirock at 10:40ish after it seemed to have settled on ijc

He has been openly running around Splashing people, which seems to have no visible effect on the people being splashed

It seems like a good idea to get a list of who has been Splashed. please respond if you have been.

I have not been splashed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:49 pm 
I have been splashed. I was splashed at 12:55am on Day 3, on EC 1W.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:50 pm 
I was splashed after the ceremony on day 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:52 pm 
Here, let me help you (excerpts from my game logs):

Day 1
Splashed Daniel Grazian at Momogoose - townie-ish paranoia reaction
Splashed lukesci - very cautious approach
Splashed aok - sketchy reaction, seemed to already know what was going on. Sketchy person in general.
Splashed inisley - confused but not very reactive
Splashed abergal - confused but not very reactive

Day 2
Splashed jakob - amused :)
Splashed dylanhen, AC, Adam Yedidia, sashacf - first two volunteered, third said OK, last reluctantly agreed.

Day 3
OK, I got kmath, arkadiyf, fmajluf7, mnjy, and tsims at or around the party.

Sense a pattern?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:54 pm 
Err so you need to splash 5 people each day?

This is super weird and I could easily see his VC being to splash everyone in game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:58 pm 
You haven't splashed jingyizz? She seemed both know about your ability and was telling you that you didn't need to ask people before Splashing them

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:58 pm 
Possible way to avoid this: have more than 5 people (6? 8?) volunteer as NO-SPLASH targets, as in, they won't consent to being splashed. If sammyluo ever splashes someone without consent (and it looks like he couldn't do this more than 5 times in a day?) then we can get sketched out and lynch him? I would volunteer as a NO-SPLASH target.

For the record, I don't find the splashes that sketchy; anything with significant consequences to the recipient probably would not be an ability that could be used that often.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:02 pm 
Well I see no good reason to volunteer to be splashed, so I will be a no-splash target as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:02 pm 
Lucy wrote:
I am pretty suspicious of sammyluo for a few reasons
-he voted for regirock instead of ijc
-he seems to be the main reason the vote shifted back to regirock at 10:40ish after it seemed to have settled on ijc

I agree that the two bullet points are true. I insist that trying to push the vote towards regirock was a reasonable thing to do after ijc had role-revealed (though I had not considered the fact that mafia could make ceremonies until it was pointed out). And I posted the following before day end when I noted that people were going back to voting ijc:

sammyluo wrote:
OK, I'm sticking with my vote for regirock, but I think lynching ijc is reasonable. This would give regirock more time to defend herself because otherwise she'll probably be first on the chopping block tomorrow anyway.

My reason for sticking with my regirock vote was simply that that was what I had independently decided was better given the data, and I didn't see why I should change my vote to ijc only off the additional data of "people bandwagoned after me." It turns out apparently that this was the wrong choice, so sure, it should somewhat increase your priors of my sketchiness.

You can look through my posts on the day 2 lynch thread to get a better idea of whether my decisions were reasonable for a townie.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:05 pm 
I am fairly sketched out by the splashing tbh, even if they nominally do nothing. Don't splash me, bro!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:08 pm 
I would very much like to have 5 splash targets for tomorrow (day 4). But if you guys insist on being mean and paranoid... meh, I forgive you.

I did not splash jingyi because I wanted to save the people I could find easily for later (on days when I was busy / couldn't meet up with other people). Jingyi knows about the mechanic because she saw me splash dgrazian.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:12 pm 
What happens to you if you don't manage to splash 5 people?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:14 pm 
I'd rather not specify the details of my role in public :/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:36 pm 
It's likely that you won't get to splash any more people unless you reveal more details. You can weigh the negative impacts of disclosing your role vs. not fulfilling your splash quota. Of course it's not certain that revealing would make people likely to trust you, but I think it would increase your chances.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:56 am 
Can confirm, no visible effect. Though... what if splash is an effect nullifier? Like no item generated or something?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:51 pm 
Yay I'm done! About to see what happens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:16 pm 
I am excited.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:48 pm 
I have been splashed. Explicitly against my consent, for that matter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:08 pm 
hmm... So did the splash did something? Why is the down square so quiet?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:16 pm 
I am so confused. I've never been splashed (which makes sense as I live far and have been busy since Friday) Has anyone figured out any type of effect from this??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:17 pm 
No effect on people who get splashed. It has an effect on Sammy though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:25 pm 
lilychen wrote:
No effect on people who get splashed. It has an effect on Sammy though.

Is this confirmed, or just according to what he says?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:27 pm 
Just what he says I think, but I believe him. I and everyone else who's been splashed so far day there's not been any effect on us (so far) so I'm reasonable confident that's true.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:29 pm 
But what is the effect? I thought it is being enacted? Shouldn't that be helpful for townie to know?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:20 am 
I have been splashed.