Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4 Lynch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:23 am 
Ok yeah, I was busy for most of last night, but rereading the Day 3 Lynch thread:

1) I'm pretty disappointed by the lynch mobbing to jor. He's a new player, apparently could have possibly been an investigator, and was not given enough time to defend himself. Come on, kiddos, this is classic mafia strats.

2) It's becoming increasingly obvious that we don't have a strong list of inactive players to go off of. Everyone (yay!) is actually quite active this game, so let's stop going for "Oh, I haven't seen them post in a while", especially since this biases lynches to new players which is kind of bad.

3) No one has any strong suspicions of people, so let's pick someone EARLY AND NOT 15 MINUTES BEFORE so that we can get an idea if their role, suspicions and not put someone on the spot.

Post subject: Re: Day 4 Lynch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:44 am 
Agree that we should talk about this early. But it seems like no one has any suspicions, at least not ones they want to share..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:45 am 
+++ to picking early. Town almost never benefits from a decision made at the last minute. The only case where I'd be fine lynching near the end of the day is maybe a guilty investigation or witnesses claiming to have seen a kill. But I don't think "oh he's pretty inactive" is a good way to choose someone when there's only 15min left in the day..

That being said, odds are we probably won't get a guilty investigation or have witnesses (unless we're really lucky! Fingers crossed) so let's start saying soft suspicions now. I haven't personally paid enough attention to the game to be confident is suggesting someone /: I will come back to this later today and hopefully by then I've formulated some thoughts about people's sketchiness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:45 am 
++ ltchin. I don't like how easily town is being swayed. Voted lzahray because she was truthfully super inactive.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:47 am 
Good points all.

I'd like to get some info on:
1) Does lzahray have an alibi from Day 2 Death 2 (aok)?
2) Miranda Gavin seems to have been near the kill scene for Day 1 (alex) but never investigated???
3) fmajluf7, jingyizz, sammyluo, tsims, mnjy all seem to have been nearby for Day 3 Death 1 (maxmurin) in EC, but not investigated???

And of course, whatever info we can get on last night's death (or anything that happens today).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:59 am 
However, I don't agree that going for inactives is bad, for two reasons that jamb brought up during the first ceremony:
1) It'll encourage people to be active
2) A part of mafia strategy is probably for some portion of them to fly under the radar or be inactive. This will hinder that strategy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:13 am 
I think the claim is that there really aren't any inactives so we'd just be going after people who are currently hosed to be involved in game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:20 am 
jakob wrote:
I think the claim is that there really aren't any inactives so we'd just be going after people who are currently hosed to be involved in game.

^^ Yeah, pretty much this.

Seems pretty reasonable to me to have initial set of people be taken from:
lzahray, Miranda Gavrin, fmajluf7, jingyizz, sammyluo, tsims, mnjy

To me, I'd say lzahray, jingyizz and sammyluo feel the most sketchy to me, but I have absolutely no rationale for this except fuzzy sketchy feelings

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:50 am 
I have sketchy feelings about jingyizz and Sammy Luo as well, partly because of sammy's splashing thing and jingyizz' trust of him and partly because of vibes from jingyizz. But I don't know either of them very well so I could be totally off base.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:17 pm 
I have my reason to trust sammyluo based on the conversation I had with sammyluo and maxmurin before he died. And I was the first person to witness splash happening, so I do not have any sketchy feeling about it. I just think he is too nice to people about it because if I was him, I wouldn't have asked...

On the other hand, I am more suspicious of Miranda for her first reaction was to give a not-alibi for Day 3 deaths, although it was later revised.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 pm 
For me the sketchiest person is Miranda Gavrin because of posts on the forum. She gave an alibi and when someone said they were confirming it, she switched it. This may have been a simple mistake but it seems sketchy. Also the previous post sounds a little bandwagon-y to me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:26 pm 
Also her original alibi for Day 3 Death 2 wasn't really an alibi, as jamb pointed out, and then she gave another one. She doesn't really have many posts here, so this is all I can use to judge her, and all of it seems sketch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:35 pm 
I think you will find that I post as much as I usually do, and while I can understand being investigated for a kill where I changed my alibi, I would not appreciate being killed sans investigation because I mixed up 12 pm and 2 pm. The reason I only changed my alibi when someone went to check is because my TA asked me what was up and that made me look at the post again.

For day 3 death 2, I gave the same alibi twice, in clearer words the second time: I had been dropped off at Random and was on my way back to pika.

Finally, I have a demonstrable role that I don't want to reveal if I don't have to, but I will if it's the only way not to get lynched.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:39 pm 
tl;dr: slowclap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:04 pm 
So who was in ET today?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:44 pm 
people at ET today are lukesci, ecd, dylanhen, jordanh, saschacf, brunnerj (me), Lucy, AdamYedidia.
I did not make the kill.
AdamYedidia and Lucy were upstairs at the time of the kill, so it probably wasn't them, and it was almost certainly one of the other 6.
jordanh and dylanhen weakly alibi each other since they rinsed their dishes together, and it was most likely someone rinsing their dishes after lunch who killed jamb while she was rinsing her dishes. However, either of them still could have gone back in the kitchen for a few seconds and done it without the other noticing.
I am normally a slow eater, and I was still eating at the time of the kill. I have no good way to distinguish between lukesci, ecd, saschacf. Investigations of each of lukesci, ecd, saschacf, and brunnerj (me) should hopefully return a positive if some investigators want to check.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:59 pm 
I confirm what the other ET people are saying about who was there. I unfortunately did not see anything suspicious to distinguish between the other people eating lunch. Conversation in ET front rooms is now trying to reconstruct lunch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:07 pm 
FYI, ET has a house meeting right now, so thetans (myself, lukesci, ecd, dylanhen, AdamYedidia, Lucy, brunnerj, sashacf) will probably not be on forums much for the next few hours.

Poeple who aren't running/recording the meeting (everyone except lukesci and I) are more likely to respond.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:48 pm 
I think that barring a good lynch target, sammyluo is the best target to be lynched. I think that he will agree with me on this matter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:19 pm 
Apparently splash effect is being ressolved?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:40 pm 
So, it's close to EOD. Anyone have any suspects?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:12 pm 
So, I'm guessing we all believe Sammy because if he's not a gay knight he'd be lynched tomorrow.

Given that, we could potentially have two "lynches" today and find out if one of them was mafia. Of course, given that we're having trouble finding even one lynch...

If we choose to lynch just one person, we should use Sammy's power and then vote no-lynch, so we find out if they're mafia.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:15 pm 
Cross-reference: viewtopic.php?f=162&t=4213

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:30 pm 
Hmmm... Guys? What do?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:31 pm 
Should we vote another lynch? Or lynch Sammy since he is already dying as a gay knight?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:34 pm 
Can I argue to not lynch tonight? Tomorrow is definitely going to be a day filled with mafia action. I feel like having potentially more townies tomorrow is more helpful than having potentially less mafia. Is it true that we've 4 mafia left? Since we detected 5 with ceremony and got 1?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:36 pm 
We should probably lynch someone sammyluo finds sketchy. Given that brunnerj was investigated as not guilty for the kill he was most likely to have made, I think it should be regirock or miranda gavrin. I'm slightly more suspicious of regirock.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:39 pm 
I am inclined to lynch somebody. In particular, whoever sammyluo suggests (unless there is very good reason not to.)

There are numerous people who we are confident are not mafia. Killing somebody not among them is probabilisticly advantageous.

By the same token, I think sammyluo should vigilante-kill somebody of his choosing. But that's his choice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:42 pm 
Sammy should vig kill someone he finds sketchy. 1. that extends the day 2. also clarify death's role. I feel this is more useful then blind lynching.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:42 pm 
I agree with AC. Sammyluo, can you do that so we get an extra ~hour?