Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:01 pm 
maxmurin's role was "Shi-Ke." Once per game he could tap someone on the shoulder and say "winky-face," after which that player would become his one-sided gay knight.

That player was me. So I know that max was town-aligned, and now I die tonight. Yay.

In other news, I was a magikarp. I finally got the twenty splashes needed to evolve into a gyarados! Yay! I feel accomplished. Now I get to make a vig-kill each day (and find out whether the target was mafia). Yay. I'm not actually planning on using it (because killing people isn't very nice), unless anyone has any good ideas for who to vig kill in the next hour that doesn't live at ET or pika or Simmons.

You folks were very mean and paranoid about the whole splashing thing. I'm sad about this. Oh well.

I believe shikexue would very much like me to be lynched. I have no real problem with this. Whatever makes you happy. But if you have a better lynch target, I would suggest just letting me die of heartbreak naturally.

---------------------

In more important news: there is a reasonably large list of people I trust, and I've told this list to some of the people I trust most. If you have important info to past to trusted people, feel free to pass it through me if you feel safe doing so.

Here is a possibly abridged version of my list of trusts and suspicions. People may be put in a lower trust level than actual for their own protection, but no one will be falsely put as trusted.

People on this list are almost certainly not mafia-aligned (though they may be town-friendly third-party):
AdamYedidia
Daniel Grazian
jingyizz
kmath
kmli
lilychen
mnjy
shikexue
tsims

People on this list are most likely (>80%?) not mafia-aligned (though they may be town-friendly or neutral third party):
corwind
dylanhen
fmajluf7
inisley
jakob
ltchin
mats_a

People on this list are vaguely more trusted than average:
AC
ajliu
arkadiyf
Lucy
lukesci

I'm mostly indifferent to people on this list / haven't interacted with them:
ecd
isaacg
jordanh
lzahray
mads
mchang02
oreo
sashacf

people I find mildly sketchy:
brunnerj
Miranda Gavrin
regirock

I'd suggest brunnerj as a lynch target, but it's a bit late in the day and I don't have strong enough reasons to push this through unless others do.

---------------------------

In other news, I know who killed maxmurin. But I'm confident that this person is not mafia-aligned, and would like to keep their identity safe for now. The people I most strongly trust know who this person is.

Any questions, vig killing suggestions, or info dumps, feel free to hit me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:08 pm 
RIP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:14 pm 
So if you lynch-kill in the next hour, will you be able to tell us if that person is mafia before you die?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:16 pm 
Oh no! Why do you have to cut it so close?! Why are people cutting it so close?

Also I'm a new player. what is vig-kill?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:17 pm 
mnjy: Yes, I would. Do you have any ideas for who I should kill? Any volunteers for being killed?

vig-kill = vigilante-style kill (town-aligned person using "bang" on someone and then finding out if they're mafia-aligned)

Oh, also, I think (for reasons) that our current best bet for catching mafia is the abergal kill, followed by the jamb kill.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:18 pm 
vigilante kill. Townie with killing abilities, usually used to try to take out mafia.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:21 pm 
Thanks Sammy. Also sorry for asking. what about gay knight?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:23 pm 
Gay knight is a pair, when one of them dies the other does too after a few days. In this case it was a one-sided gay knight where sammy would die if max was killed, but not the other way around.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:24 pm 
Wait, why would maxmurin be killed by non mafia aligned? So there are negative town 3rd parties?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:37 pm 
To clarify, the negative investigation on brunnerj definitely decreases my priors on his sketchiness, but I think I still find him relatively (slightly) sketchy. Also, the person I proxied for could be lying, or there could be mtp, etc.

In other news, I'm responsible for the tsims -> maxmurin investigation. Thanks, fmajluf7 -> ltchin!