A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 5 Lynch Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:42 am 
Y'ALL ARE THE WORST
THAT WAS A GODDANG LAST MINUTE LYNCH MOB
LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN

- We know that dgrazian and lilychen are confirmed Not-mafia by mechanisms. Note that they are not confirmed town
- Immediately super suspcisious about whoever got that lynch mob going against not only tsims, but also Miranda Gavrin. There had been discussion SUPER EARLY IN THE DAY that Miranda had a provably innocent role that got ignored in the last minute. Argh.
- We now have sammy's confirmed innocence and his guilt suspicions. Let's try working off of that

argleblargle still super grumpy

EDIT: For formatting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:28 am 
Miranda was a lynch candidate because she was on Sammy's sketch list.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:37 am 
dylanhen wrote:
Miranda was a lynch candidate because she was on Sammy's sketch list.

With all due respect, I trust Sammy and I believe in his innocence, but I don't necessarily trust his judgment. I did not want to lynch her unless Sammy explained concrete reasons why he distrusted Miranda (and he never did, at least not to me).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:45 am 
Actually, could we have everyone log on during EOD to aid any change to no lynch? Seems that the last minute extension didn't help but add on chaos.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:11 pm 
Bump. We should probably start talking about this now and not at like, 10:30.

Any proposals? I think regirock is kind of sketchy and would be willing to lynch her unless someone has a better suggestion. She was on Sammy's sketch list and has been setting off my sketchdar today too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:26 pm 
The main thing that confuses me is how the third parties are interacting this game. There seem to be an awful lot of "town beneficial / town neutral" people considering the number of people who messaged me when I was going to potato check people. Granted, the town's goal is only to kill mafia, but it just feels super weird what's going on

I do like working off of sammyluo's list since he's been like the only confirmed good person. Daniel Grazian and lilychen are confirmed not-mafia but I have no reason to see why they wouldn't just go after their own VC instead of helping town out.

@kmath, why not brunnerj over regirock? Personally, I'm also mildly sketched out by Lucy and lzahray but have absolutely nothing concrete to base this off of.

aka. there are literally no leads :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:35 pm 
Brunnerj died this morning :|

we can't lynch dead people ltchin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:12 pm 
wait wow, I pay attention

uhhhhhhhh, regirock by default feels dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:28 pm 
Voting no lynch for now...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:14 pm 
Ok guys, here are some ideas (in decreasing order of sketchiness, in my opinion):

Oreo - based on her inactivity relative to past games (yes she was IRL busy yesterday, but she's also been inactive today)
Mads - same reason, inactivity relative to past games (I don't think I remember having seen Mads post anything for the last few days?)
Lzahray - same reason, inactivity relative to past games (though I know she's been sick)

What do people think? In the absence of any actual sketchiness, I think our best bet is to lynch an unusually inactive person.

I really don't want to lynch regirock; I'm very sketched out by the fact that people keep bringing her up despite the lack of concrete evidence against her. Seems like there are people who want her dead, probably for less-than-innocent reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:36 pm 
Guys plz, can we start discussing this before it's too late?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:38 pm 
I agree with lilychen about oreo. Anyone have thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:39 pm 
I PM'd the three inactive people I named (oreo, mads, lzahray) saying they might get lynched tonight unless they can convince us otherwise. Let's see what they say.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:44 pm 
I second everything that lilychen said.

Sorry for the brevity right now. I'm occupied with Minions of Darkness at et.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:48 pm 
Hello! I'm sorry I've been inactive, I've been way busier than I expected. My role is fairly useful for town, and even though I haven't done much yet I can do good things and can do good things soon! I expect to not be quite as busy after tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:50 pm 
The above seems approximately reasonable to me as well. Miranda, can you try to poke mads into answering this? Anyone in proximity to Oreo able to poke her?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:50 pm 
Hey, sorry, I'm on the bus back from laser tag but I got the PM notification. I don't have much to say about my inactivity, other than my life just randomly became really stressful in the past couple of days. I feel like it would be pretty dumb for me to be inactive if I was Mafia, especially given that you've pointed me out earlier this game.

I think mads and Lzahray have been even less active than me, and at least I've tried my best to explain why or to give a heads up ahead of time that I would be busy for the rest of the night.

I'm still going to Simmons hockey, so I won't be on the forums again until after 11. If you guys really want to know something from me that could prevent me from being lynched, text me at 704-773-0833 and I might see it before 11.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:52 pm 
Yeah, I can see why you all are concerned re: my inactivity.

Out of game reasons for inactivity: I have 3 psets + 6.033 hands on this week and am feeling hosed, plus have two pika cooking duties this week and am trying to plan logistics for pika's retreat this weekend (which reminds me I need a proxy). Miranda can confirm the pika commitments.

And also I find this game overwhelmingly huge and hard to keep up with, so every time I think about looking at the forum and figuring out what's going on there are like 3 ceremonies and potatoes or something and I dunno man. I kind of like late game playing once the ksedlars and dgrazians and sammyluos of the world have moved on and then I feel like my thoughts and ideas are more valuable. So I was hoping once the game got more managabley sized I could move back into playing it.

I don't have a provable role, but I do think it would be a bad idea to lynch me and can role claim to some people if that's called for. Connects to my breadcrumbs.

Also thanks lilychen for the PM.

aaand back to 005.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:18 pm 
There has not been enough discussion and with 40 minutes till day end, I'm voting No Lynch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:21 pm 
lzahray wrote:
My role is fairly useful for town, and even though I haven't done much yet I can do good things and can do good things soon!

After talking to lzahray in person I can confirm this.

mads wrote:
I don't have a provable role, but I do think it would be a bad idea to lynch me and can role claim to some people if that's called for. Connects to my breadcrumbs.

You may want to do this to a few trusted people.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:28 pm 
Let's lynch jk fred again! Because why not!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 pm 
Apologies for trying to be honest, but:

Lisa said "roles which is good for town" and not "town"; many roles are good for town.

With regards to mads, I feel waiting until end of the game is probably sort of like being inactive when it counts.

By the numbers, I've seen oreo post. To make sure it wasn't my imagination, I did a search and the numbers were:

Lisa - 6
oreo - 25
mads - 13

I can vote for Lisa or Mads. Sorry Lisa (or maybe Mads).

I was fairly sketched out by the fact that mgavrin's ritual did nothing. And would vote to lynch mgavrin. But I currently feel like giving it another day (maybe the ceremony effect is, for example, on the lynch vote).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:41 pm 
Actually I think we should lynch someone at ET for jamb's kill. I doubt someone who wasn't et lunch that day could have made the kill. Leaning slightly towards jordanh because of how she an dylan tried to alibi each other. and then went back on it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:43 pm 
Lucy seems reasonable, but also last minute lynch mobs suck hardcore yo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:43 pm 
Lucy wrote:
Actually I think we should lynch someone at ET for jamb's kill. I doubt someone who wasn't et lunch that day could have made the kill. Leaning slightly towards jordanh because of how she an dylan tried to alibi each other. and then went back on it.

Do you have any psychological reads on jordanh? Has she done anything else suspicious?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:44 pm 
This was discussed in person at ET. Sorry Jordan but I haven't been getting very good feelings from you :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:44 pm 
Seems reasonable to me to lynch jordan. Can someone poke her to see if she wants to defend herself?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:45 pm 
Can we not lynch? Is this another last minute lynch mob?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:47 pm 
She's been poked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:47 pm 
Yeah, I'm voting not lynch I think.

I think large games favor mafia. Because they're so tricky to find :P