Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Ammo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:32 pm 
I still approve of the effects of this plan (give all the ammo to the person who is about to be lynched and make sure they can't transfer it to their mafia buddies) but would strongly disapprove of not being able to use my computer, considering I have a pset due at 11:59 and would therefore be sympathetic to anybody else who feels the same way.

If we can't figure out a way to do this that doesn't involve disallowing someone leading their normal life (all the negatives) then I'm less happy with it. If the 'victim' assents, then I think we should do this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:34 pm 
On second thought, the post-selection bias of getting the victim's assent might be a serious issue.... I definitely think we should not change our lynch target based on their willingness to have their electronics withheld, but in theory if the ammo collection plan is airtight and the victim does assent, we should still do it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:40 pm 
Electronics would only need to be confiscated for about 15 minutes. People can publicly give the ammo to the person dying so that there is no way for things to get sneaked in the other direction. In general, there should be a large number of people in the room when this happens (more than the number of mafia).