Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 death 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:39 am 
As I was walking into Left Front to grab my backpack this morning, Tin lunged at me from Right Front and touched me on the side (definitely not the shoulder) and I didn't hear him say anything (I could've just not heard, but I thought it was pretty quiet otherwise). I asked him whether he'd said something, and he didn't respond.

I thought it was a failed kill or a failed attempt at a complicated incant (that he didn't want to explain then because people could hear), so I got ready to shout his name. (I didn't shout right then only because I knew I'd have a chance to shout if he came toward me again, not because I thought there was any chance I was already dead; I was so sure I was still alive that if I'd shouted his name then, I wouldn't've felt guilty at all, even though I'm now judged to have been dead then.)

Although it was a really sketchy kill from a mechanical perspective, it was a really clean kill for avoiding alibis.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 death 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:39 am 
Tin got the following items from me:

Ammo d18 Charges the gun with 1 shot. 1 use.
Toilet Paper Tube n32 Really?
Scope p54 You can use this scope to see if someone made a given kill.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 am 
Dylan just gave an inconsistent alibi for Tin: he claims to have woken up at 9 and seen Tin asleep, but everyone on the van saw that Tin was on it. Is Dylan mafia with Tin, or is he just a townie alibiing a mafia for a kill they made again? :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:43 am 
Quote:
dylanhen wrote:
Oh, I'm pretty sure I saw Tin asleep as I was getting up.

Tin was on lotta's list of people who were on the van.... what???

Thank you, Jackie. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 am 
I agree that it's kind of a sketchy kill from a mechanical perspective. Two out-of-game reasons I ruled this way are:

1. It's Tin's very first game, and likely his last, as he's a senior.
2. He said he had trouble reaching your shoulder, since you're so tall. I don't want to rule such that you are implicitly harder to kill due to your height.

I told him to try and be more accurate about kills later on, and pm me asap, but I don't really want to give him more than a slap on the wrist.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:48 am 
Yeah, that's reasonable.