Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 3 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:02 pm 
Lucy is a bit annoyed at us (fairly) for changing our minds on the rulings about being dead without graveyard access. Sorry, Lucy! It looks like it won't matter, because Justin's canceling the bullet removal kit, so she'll get graveyard access at 11:14 unless she's frozen.

Post subject: Re: Day 3 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 pm 
What was the previous ruling?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:09 pm 
The previous ruling was that she should put epsilon effort into not hearing about game. Now she's allowed to hear whatever she hears.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:54 pm 
Justin figured out what happened with Lucy dying with the shield!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:23 am 
Luke: "Everyone in this room is either someone I trust or Jordan."

Players in the room: Luke, Jordan, Jackie, Josh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:32 am 
Josh: "I may try to kill today in front rooms while everyone is in front rooms, if I get away with it we just win." That's true, and even if he gets caught for it the mafia don't necessarily lose, but it seems much riskier than necessary: if he lets Tin go on his killing spree, Josh remains one of the most trusted people in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:42 am 
Jackie figured out that Josh is bad based on his count, because she's sure dgrazian was mafia.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:45 am 
Even if not for that, it seems silly for Josh to have said a list of 3, because he'll get outed if anyone else has a hunch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:03 am 
The daily drama just gave out a lot of town power. I'm no longer sure which side is favored. (There's so much stuff on both sides that whoever's favored, it's probably by a lot.)

Both sides misplayed a lot today: jamb by killing dgrazian (and dgrazian by showing that message); brunnerj by claiming 3 mafia. (If there are three mafia, town loses, so they should assume not, as blumberg points out.) But brunnerj's misplay hurts a lot more, since town has a lot more people to spare and is expected to make misplays for lack of knowledge.

Blumberg and I think that the game is now basically a race to make kills. Maybe literally a race condition for which of brunnerj and jamb kills the other first when they've gone through all their shields? Actually, they both have so many shields that they'd only die by execution, and I think jamb'd win that debate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:08 pm 
Luke went to the Media Lab to taze Tin, but didn't find him. Upon returning to ESG, he discovered that Tin was outside Luke's recitation (according to ecd). Neither Alex nor Luke was at the recitation, so Tin didn't have anyone to kill. Luke now suspects Tin will come to ESG to kill him during/after bio.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:32 pm 
Interesting. Annoyed at Alex for not updating his intro with sick and at et all day. And like this also makes him impossible to kill.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:33 pm 
I hope Tin comes to try to kill Luke while I'm here; it'll be exciting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:33 pm 
He's already "bang-immune" anyway. I don't think Tin would have tried to kill him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 pm 
No mafia knows that's bullshit. I think we got perfume off you? Or somehow anyway

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:36 pm 
Oh right, I had perfume on me when I died.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:41 pm 
I think the game comes down to whether Tin kills lukesci before lukesci tases him. Tasing can be done at range, so town has an advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:45 pm 
Trying to kill Luke at recitation is a very messy kill- too many np's and possibly too many players (Alex and Luke could have been there. I think maybe he was actually going for Alex (I think I remember Luke not including that recitation in his intro).

Josh was also there, though ECD didn't seem to notice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:45 pm 
I forgot a close paren)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:54 pm 
He asked clarification questions about shooting two people, so I assume he was going for both.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:00 pm 
Tin wasn't waiting outside after bio. :( But there is a sleeping Josh on the beanbag.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:15 pm 
Luke: "Maybe I should get to the van early, just Tin case."

He also realizes he has to race to taze Tin before he gets killed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:16 pm 
If josh weren't super sketch, what I really want to happen is josh claims to have tazed tin. Everyone comes back on the van together. After one of the largest ceremonies, tin kills two people, josh kills one (if he weren't super sketch then he also wouldn't be tazed right) and they hide out in personal rooms until rollover.

One can dream.

If there were an item that removed a taze that would be ridiculously powerful. Then tin just has to make sure that he gets tazed privately, acts as though he's tazed until he kills two people in front of everyone and then the mafia must surely include Luke and tin. Depending on who is still alive, they may be able to figure it out?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:28 pm 
Jackie figured out who the mafia are, and made a chat with all the other players. They're planning to claim they're lynching Tin, and then lynch Josh, so that Tin gives all his items to Josh. They plan on vig killing Tin. I hope they realize that Tin almost certainly has a shield, so they should definitely wait until after the lynch to destroy items.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:23 pm 
If this secret lynch mob doesn't go through, the mafia still have a plausible path to victory: jordanh and lukesci both have shovels, and dgrazian'd be the most reasonable person to use them on, since jamb killed him and declared beef with brunnerj over it. If they shovel dgrazian innocent, jamb's story falls apart and josh looks better again. Jamb gets lynched and brunnerj lays low for a day, a bunch of townies die of fire, leaving just brunnerj and three townies; he can kill two of them and vote for the last one.

If town sticks to that lynch mob, though, they've got the game all sewn up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:25 pm 
Luke just announced intention for Jordan to shovel dgrazian, but unfortunately, the result doesn't come up until after the day ends.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:27 pm 
Yep. Mafia really wishes that shovels happened immediately, because that'd make the lynch mob's story inconsistent before the mafia loses the game to it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:30 pm 
Jordan has two shovels. She could use the other one on Lucy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:53 pm 
Jordan's considering using LN2 on Sasha (Jackie's idea). She's also keeping it secret that dgrazian was shoveled as townie for as long as she can.

Josh has 59 items. Jackie showed me the list of her items when it was longest, wondering whether she had more items than the Mafia. Nope.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:31 pm 
Has Jordan activated her tasers? She seems to have forgotten about them