Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 Plan
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:00 pm 
AOK proves his DA-ness by banana-breading someone. This makes AOK and by extension (probably?) jamb look good.

Then, Troy bangs Luke to prove that they are respectively K and KP.

Cases:
1) Troy doesn't bang Luke --> he's either mafia or not a K (ergo a liar and thus mafia)
2) Luke doesn't die --> they're both honest about roles
3) Luke dies and game ends --> they're both honest about roles, and no mafia killers can exist (or they'd have a provable win)
4) Luke dies and game doesn't end --> Luke is lying and not a KP, ergo mafia

This plan was being discussed on chat around 22:00 on Thursday by jamb, ksedlar, lukesci, Troy.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 Plan
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:43 pm 
"Looking good" in the above was meant as "not lying about role," not as a comment on mafia-ness.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:44 pm 
CTs may be planning to Boo! Tin.

We might also change our collective minds, but I RNGed to Tin.

Rationale being that we're the only ones who will give any paranoia to anyone, and an RNGed paranoia target is less likely to be the one to trigger the event than if we all independently go do our own things.

I've been communicating privately with the other claimed CTs about this before deciding it's better to go public with this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:33 am 
Idk if you guys have already discussed this, but it might be better to paranoia two different targets, so that each CT has to use up all their paranoias. That way, if there's a mafia CT among you, they can't privately spend their other boo on a mafia buddy (which would mess with psychiatrists by causing people to have unknown levels of paranoia).

Anyway, if you do end up boo-ing Tin, I recommend NOT voting him much goodwill, because on the off chance that he's an undercover mafia DA we could force him to lose his body doubling power by giving him more paranoia than goodwill, which would be nice. (This is super unlikely to matter at all, but at least serves as an epsilon tiebreak between who to give goodwill?)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:06 pm 
I thought about the "two targets" thing, but unless the D1 culprit is mafia, they'd have to end up outing themselves to cause the D1 incident. We get reasonable amounts of information both ways, but Pr(one person is culprit) is half of Pr(one of two people are culprit).

Casework assuming CTs agree to only target Tin, and Town CTs do so:

If the incident happens:
Tin is D1 culprit. I look sketchy for RNG-ing this.
Tin is not D1 culprit, Mafia CT Boo!ed Mafia D1 culprit. I still look sketchy, because no one knows.
Tin is not D1 culprit, Mafia CT Boo!ed Townie D1 culprit, outing a Mafia

If the incident does not happen:
Tin is not D1 culprit. We gain no more information than that.

Casework assuming CTs agree to target 2 players chosen at random by different people:

If the incident happens:
Person 1 or Person 2 are culprit. Whoever rolls the RNG look sketchy.

If the incident does not happen:
Neither Person 1 nor Person 2 are culprit. We gain no more information than that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:58 pm 
I think finding out the day 1 culprit is actually pretty valuable information. Also, given estimates of number of mafia, there's probably something like a 1/3 chance that a mafia is the day 1 culprit, versus a 1/15 chance that Tin is the day 1 culprit. Given that mafia want the day 1 incident to happen, if Tin is solo booed and the incident happens, there is only a ~1/6 chance that Tin was even the culprit (actually higher because Tin could be mafia and the culprit).

So if only one person is Booed and the incident happens, we get functionally 0 information on who looks sketchy, because it's still more likely that the mafia secretly booed the culprit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:09 pm 
Troy banged Luke in front of a bunch of people and Luke didn't die, as we thought.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:16 pm 
Aok banana breaded me. I have a video which I have been showing people.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:21 pm 
Everyone look on the spreadsheet to see who to vote for using scheme 1b.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:35 pm 
I voted to execute "no lynch" and give goodwill to "LBS".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:59 pm 
voted "no lynch", goodwill vote for "issacg"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:03 pm 
Voted no lynch and gave goodwill to adamyedidia (ksedlar told me to do this, it was kinda last minute? hopefully this is consistent with discussion, sorry I was in right front)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:05 pm 
voted no execution, goodwill to myself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:11 pm 
Can someone update the spreadsheet entry for me? I don't have edit powers