Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Goodwill Voting Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:36 am 
I think it's a good idea to post before you submit a vote. Don't vote unless you think there's a good chance you'll be able to change it later if you need to.

I'm not submitting any vote yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:41 am 
I intend to vote for no player to be executed (unless we think that someone should be?)

I intend to vote for some psychiatrist to get goodwill (per scheme 1a in the other thread), but I will not commit as to who until 22:45 at least.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:25 pm 
I would like to execute a psychiatrist (one of the ones NOT being voted for to give goodwill). If aok or anyone else gets shanked today, we can execute a psychiatrist who had a bad alibi for the death. This could prevent a KP from getting killed tomorrow (or else force mafia to use a different killer). Even going off of no alibi info, there's probably a 1/8-1/4 chance of hitting a mafia killer.

Also, people being dead gives us more solid negative info about culprits. From the perspective of a psychiatrist getting question results, we know that if an incident DOESN'T happen, we know for sure that the people who publicly have enough paranoia to be culprit CANNOT be the culprit. However, if an incident DOES happen, we don't know for sure whether anyone ISN'T the culprit, because they could be a mafia who was secretly booed. The only way to know for sure someone isn't a culprit is for them to be dead for an incident.

On the other hand, as long as we have enough psychiatrists to get goodwill, there's no downside to killing them off. Even for the large scheme 1b, we still have two basically unnecessary psychiatrists.

This should also be dictated by Troy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:27 pm 
I agree that we should execute a psychiatrist.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:35 pm 
There actually is a very big potential downside to killing off a random P: if they are town, we could possibly lose the lynch vote day 2, which is pretty much the worst loss to have as town. Additionally, the d2 lynch is harder to win than d1 due to the d2 culprit. This is another big reason why setting of d1 culprit ourselves is a bad idea.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:40 pm 
It may still be correct to lynch a P though since it is likely we hit a mafia anyway; I just wanted to point out that "no downside" is not true.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:39 pm 
If the mafia aren't making kills, they shouldn't be able to win the day 2 lynch even with day 2 culprit. Remember that conspiracy theorists votes count for a lot extra.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:40 pm 
Never mind; conspiracy theorists votes count normally. Still, the numbers don't work out such that the mafia are a voting threat without making kills on their own.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:58 pm 
Also, if incident 1 happens, mafia still need to have their killers make kills (or let them out themselves upon their end-of-day death) even if they could win the D2 vote.