Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:47 am 
This is the conversation where I thought that we may have discussed the idea that CTs would Boo themselves and one another, but looking back over it, I don't see it. In any case, it's probably better to disclose the contents of the private communications because I was an idiot and started the private communications in the first place.

pravinas wrote:
We should coordinate on who we put paranoia on on day 1. If the day 1 incident occurs, it sucks because we won't know who triggers the day 2 incident. We also don't have enough information to really care about that extra goodwill vote, so we should just limit day 1 paranoia to a single person.

Does this logic make sense? I'm not sure if we should do this publicly or not, but once you make public plans, you can't hide them from the mafia anymore. Then again, I have no idea if you're mafia, so I'm not sure it makes a difference.

Daniel Grazian wrote:
I haven't worked things out yet as much as I think you have, but I'll definitely be thinking about strategy a lot in the next couple days.

My initial thought is that I probably agree with putting paranoia on a single person, but I need to think about it more before being sure.

pravinas wrote:
pravinas wrote:
We should coordinate on who we put paranoia on on day 1. If the day 1 incident occurs, it sucks because we won't know who triggers the day 2 incident. We also don't have enough information to really care about that extra goodwill vote, so we should just limit day 1 paranoia to a single person.

Does this logic make sense? I'm not sure if we should do this publicly or not, but once you make public plans, you can't hide them from the mafia anymore. Then again, I have no idea if you're mafia, so I'm not sure it makes a difference.

Daniel Grazian wrote:
I haven't worked things out yet as much as I think you have, but I'll definitely be thinking about strategy a lot in the next couple days.

My initial thought is that I probably agree with putting paranoia on a single person, but I need to think about it more before being sure.

Looping Lotta in on Conspiracy Theories, because why not? I assume that at least one of you is maf, so I should probably post this in TS, but I want feedback and ideas on who to CT first. My RNG says Tin.

Daniel Grazian wrote:
I don't have any better ideas yet, but that will possibly change once I think more about the game and talk to people in-person.

pravinas wrote:
I'll post in TS anyways

blumberg wrote:
The plan of all 'boo' the same person publicly on Day 1 sounds good to me. I'll think it over more when I get a chance to really read the rules document closely.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:48 am 
To be clear (since these don't have timestamps), the last one of these was sent roughly a week ago. Plans changed drastically.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:55 pm 
Lotta and I talked briefly about this yesterday (Pravina, you might not have been there?) Again, I had understood that conspiracy theorists were supposed to be booed.

I totally understand that this looks sketchy, and I'm really sorry about the derp :-( But I am NOT Mafia. Unless the Mafia go seriously out of their way to frame me (and I don't know how they'd do that) I'll get exonerated by future psychiatrist/goodwill testing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:34 pm 
The goodwill testing seems to indicate that you're mafia. Or rather, that at least one of you and dpalumbo are mafia, and someone else who claims to have received goodwill was lying about getting it, etc.

Occams razor cuts you. Sorry :( If there's evidence to suggest otherwise in the future, that would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:02 pm 
Right, I'm saying that Daniel Palumbo IS Mafia. Further psych/goodwill evidence will exonerate me and condemn him.